Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Sorry brother but no chance at this.

Agree, he missed too much time with the procedure (likely minor surgery) and before that covid. He needs not just to be back in shape but also to get back into calls, assignments, schemes etc.

And we will need to temper our expectations until he gets playing time under his belt. We'll see how long that takes, probably several games. And he is not yet a polished player due to missed time in college.

On the other hand, Lewis probably has more physical ability than most of our OLBs and likely more than most in the NFL. It is not crazy to think that he can start making his presence felt on some plays early on.

In any event, Rams need help on the outside and Lewis is it. Looking forward to getting him on the field. IMO there is no question that he has enormous potential.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree, he missed too much time with the procedure (likely minor surgery) and before that covid. He needs not just to be back in shape but also to get back into calls, assignments, schemes etc.

And we will need to temper our expectations until he gets playing time under his belt. We'll see how long that takes, probably several games. And he is not yet a polished player due to missed time in college.

On the other hand, Lewis probably has more physical ability than most of our OLBs and likely more than most in the NFL. It is not crazy to think that he can start making his presence felt on some plays early on.

In any event, Rams need help on the outside and Lewis is it. Looking forward to getting him on the field. IMO there is no question that he has enormous potential.
If he was doing more than personal workouts on the side maybe yeah I could see it. But I’m pretty sure McVay said he’s working himself into game shape after missing time. That tells me a few weeks at least, maybe as much as after the bye.

Ram65

Legend
I'm hoping TLew is ready for the Whiners game. He is not going to play a lot right off the bat. Rams have gotten Hollins snaps in the last two games that increased in the last game. I hope he gets a few more each week. If TLew can get 10 good pass rush snaps against the Whiners that would be great. One more fresh pass rusher can be a boost to the Rams defense. I'm sure the Rams know what's best for his health and will make the right decisions.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm hoping TLew is ready for the Whiners game. He is not going to play a lot right off the bat. Rams have gotten Hollins snaps in the last two games that increased in the last game. I hope he gets a few more each week. If TLew can get 10 good pass rush snaps against the Whiners that would be great. One more fresh pass rusher can be a boost to the Rams defense. I'm sure the Rams know what's best for his health and will make the right decisions.

I think this is where I am at. Get ready so he’s good to go and stays going.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Not so sure Fuller will start but after last week's performance I sure would have him ready to play a good number of snaps on that back end of the secondary. Fuller is one serious feel-good event thus far early this season. I would rate OG Austin Corbett & RB Henderson being the same on offense. All big positive surprises.

It's apparent that Rapp was very rusty & not up to the challenge of last week. Last year's top draft selection sure needs to step up. He threw around a cold wet blanket along with JJ III in Buffalo NY. Its also apparent he lost his starting position.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Good news on Brown.
I'd imagine he'll be the number 2 back.

Good news on Cam.
I hope this isn't something that lingers, though.

Note possibly to IR? Ouch.
Probably a 4-6 week campaign.
I cant imagine a calf strain ending his season. However. Im no doctor.

Calf strains can linger. I played men's fastpitch softball for over 30 years as a pitcher. Never had a problem. I joined a slow pitch league just to have some fun and I pulled a calf muscle running the bases. Unlike fastpitch you get on base almost 3/4 of the time in slow pitch. That pulled muscle never went away. I gave up the slow pitch and had to stretch it out really good before the fastpitch games. I could feel it grabbing every time I stretched it a little too far. That was 15 years ago and today I still feel it if I try to stretch it too much.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
McVay’s saying Kiser is day to day is what he said about Cam Akers, and he has missed two weeks.