Rams injury update vs Colts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
In case an of you were wondering how Sony Michel stacks up to the Chubbs and Swift's of the world. Here is a side by side of their 40 times at the combine. Not sure if already posted. Or if legal to post. Sony is going to run hard and show nice first burst. Just a hair behind Chubb on the 40 time. I am really looking forward to him in our offense. I am losing patience with Hendo and feel he is a bit of a liability with his skill set as a lead back.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hendo will recover. McVay got carried away and overworked him, like a kid with a new toy.
You cant blame McVay for Hendo’s inability to stay healthy. Overworked?

Week 1 - 16 carries
Week 2 - 13 carries

If that is overworked Hendo is nothing more than a change of pace back.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
You cant blame McVay for Hendo’s inability to stay healthy. Overworked?

Week 1 - 16 carries
Week 2 - 13 carries

If that is overworked Hendo is nothing more than a change of pace back.
Agreed. And frankly, I always thought of Henderson as a change of pace bag. Never thought of him as a bellcow of sustained starter type. I feel like Sony Michel is more of a sustained starter type with Hendo spelling him.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. And frankly, I always thought of Henderson as a change of pace bag. Never thought of him as a bellcow of sustained starter type. I feel like Sony Michel is more of a sustained starter type with Hendo spelling him.
Yup. I for one am not too upset about Hendo’s injury as it forces McVay’s hand in playing Michel who I believe is a better overall player and better for our O anyway. Loosing Hendo sucks only because now we lack depth.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yup. I for one am not too upset about Hendo’s injury as it forces McVay’s hand in playing Michel who I believe is a better overall player and better for our O anyway. Loosing Hendo sucks only because now we lack depth.

IMO, Henderson played well, but there always seems something that pop up or out, Michel not as explosive, however, should offer a bit more in between the tackles plus he can catch the football too. I would imagine you could see them activate Anderson for depth plus the ability to return kicks so Funk can focus on being the backup to Michel.

Now they could opt to sign another RB, but I don't think they will, Buddy Howell a bigger back is also on the practice squad, but does not have the ability to return kicks. Seems likely the bring up Anderson for a few weeks with hope that Henderson is only out a couple of games.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Henderson will be odd man out next season. If Michel sticks with the Rams, depth chart should look like Akers, then Michel, then 2022 rb draft pick.
Why? If Akers can return and Michel is still a Ram, having a #2 or #3 with his skills in the final year of his contract would be fine. With less touches, less chances to get injured.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Why? If Akers can return and Michel is still a Ram, having a #2 or #3 with his skills in the final year of his contract would be fine. With less touches, less chances to get injured.
Yeah, Henderson will be back next year for the final year of his rookie deal. He might not cost too much if they want to re-sign him. His agent won't be able to ask for starter type money with his injury issues. Would be nice to bring back Michel. We won't know how Akers responds to that injury. That is one where sometimes a guy isn't the same when he comes back.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah, Henderson will be back next year for the final year of his rookie deal. He might not cost too much if they want to re-sign him. His agent won't be able to ask for starter type money with his injury issues. Would be nice to bring back Michel. We won't know how Akers responds to that injury. That is one where sometimes a guy isn't the same when he comes back.
"..with the 96th pick of the 2022 NFL draft, the Rams select Greg Bell, RB, San Diego St......."

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Some of my thoughts on this RB unit now & into the future.

If I were Snead/McVay I would NOT plan for Akers or Henderson to ever be Ram's primary #1 RB due to the ongoing injury events.

If Akers were able to return close to what he was before the injury at some moment in time in the future of 2022 which is still an unknown it would be best that he would join Henderson as a secondary or tertiary RB at best. Going into the draft with the #1 RB yet to be determined.

I like Sony Michel a bunch, but I am sure this RB will be looking for his best financial contract in several months in March 2022. I seriously doubt that the Rams can be that team but it sure would be great to work out a decent $$$ 1 yr rental next season just to solve this Ram RB ongoing unhealthy issue.

2021 season RB injuries
Cam Akers- Torn Achilles Surgery/ IR'd
Xavier Jones- Torn Achilles Surgery/ IR'd
Raymond Calais- Foot FractureAnkle/Foot Surgery/ IR'd
Darrell Henderson- Ribs injury status unknown continues to be banged up.

Darrell Henderson is NOT Mr. Durability not even close. DH has been placed on the injured reserve in both his first two NFL seasons. He finished his rookie season with 39 carries for 147 rushing yards and no touchdowns along with four catches for 37 yards. Last season he finished the season as second-leading rusher with 624 rushing yards and five rushing touchdowns along with 16 receptions for 159 yards and one receiving touchdown.

D.Henderson has suffered injuries to:

Arm Elbow/Oct 20, 2019
Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3/Dec 21, 2019
QuadThigh Hamstring Sprain/Aug 22, 2020
Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3/Dec 27, 2020
Hand Thumb Sprain/ Aug 23, 2021
Ribs?/ September 19, 2021

Some will say that is normal for a starting RB...but DH has never been a starting RB before.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hendo looked good yesterday, but we all know it was just a matter of time. On a couple of the runs yesterday I was wondering what Akers would have done with them. He is much more able to break tackles and builds up a bit more speed, so, I think we would have seen some bigger gains. Really missing Akers in our lineup yesterday.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hendo looked good yesterday, but we all know it was just a matter of time. On a couple of the runs yesterday I was wondering what Akers would have done with them. He is much more able to break tackles and builds up a bit more speed, so, I think we would have seen some bigger gains. Really missing Akers in our lineup yesterday.
The loss of RB Akers is has turned into a monstrous HIT for this offense.:injury:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Henderson got injured the same way Akers did early last season... so.. there's that.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Was Sony brought in to pad the roster for the absence of Akers or insurance in case (or indeed when, sadly) Hendo gets injured?
Seems like he's stepping in for both.
I've got faith in Sony. Have to really.
As much as I like Hendo, his injuries are too much of a concern. Tis a shame because he's a hard runner.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"..with the 96th pick of the 2022 NFL draft, the Rams select Greg Bell, RB, San Diego St......."
61f6WNrolZL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Wouldn't be the first Greg Bell. Great player for the two years with the Rams back in 88-89