Rams injury update vs Colts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's actually not a bad idea to let him heal up this week. The Bucs give up 3 ypc and have been traditionally stout against the run.

Just give the occasional handoff to Michel and Funk to keep them honest.
Mcvay said they are playing it smart & going to have him ready by Sunday. That interview cut out though

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
RB injuries are a league wide issue. Not saying Henderson isnt injury prone, but the amount of guys already hurt is mind boggling
It is a Rib injury that needs rest to heal.(non contact).Mcvay wants to only keep 3 RB’s on the roster this season. Funk is KR & Tutu is PR.
The Rams went into the draft with this in mind.Calais might have made the team because of special teams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don’t have a problem with people saying Hendo is injury prone but I’d say that’s more prevalent when getting strains and tears etc. Yesterday some big bloke fell on his ribs, not much you can about that and a bit unlucky in my opinion. I thought he was looking decent (again) as well. Hopefully its nothing too bad.

Never understood Les Snead as a GM when it came to a RB. I’ve been a Draftnik for years & have always questioned why the value was so low?
I get the case,but still the value is there.I think Mcvay gets it & has changed (Sneads) The Rams out look or Philosophy ( analytics) of The RB position.
I’m looking at a couple players The Rams just added to there practice squad.I like this quick foot RB Hawkins.Buddy Howell is a bigger RB,but there coming from schools that put up points.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is a Rib injury that needs rest to heal.(non contact).Mcvay wants to only keep 3 RB’s on the roster this season. Funk is KR & Tutu is PR.
The Rams went into the draft with this in mind.Calais might have made the team because of special teams.
Umm, ok...
Has nothing to do with what I said but cool....

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
lol what... he is on pace for a whopping 187 carries this season...
He looked exhausted after the long drive ending the first half. His second half numbers were pedestrian prior to him going down. He was clearly worn out. All I'm saying is that we need to incorporate Sony into a two back rotation to keep Hendo fresh.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's actually not a bad idea to let him heal up this week. The Bucs give up 3 ypc and have been traditionally stout against the run.

Just give the occasional handoff to Michel and Funk to keep them honest.
Don’t think that will happen.If suits up he will play,if not then who are you suggesting? I guess if your choosing for HENDO to be out with an injury,it’s better than what happened last season though.Sony actually had a little better stat line on Sunday.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Some of my thoughts on this RB unit now & into the future.

If I were Snead/McVay I would NOT plan for Akers or Henderson to ever be Ram's primary #1 RB due to the ongoing injury events.

If Akers were able to return close to what he was before the injury at some moment in time in the future of 2022 which is still an unknown it would be best that he would join Henderson as a secondary or tertiary RB at best. Going into the draft with the #1 RB yet to be determined.

I like Sony Michel a bunch, but I am sure this RB will be looking for his best financial contract in several months in March 2022. I seriously doubt that the Rams can be that team but it sure would be great to work out a decent $$$ 1 yr rental next season just to solve this Ram RB ongoing unhealthy issue.
Seems to me, the best way to approach the running back position is have multiple guys who can get the job done. The "bell cow RB" is nice but you've got too much to lose if he goes down. If you have 3 or 4 guys, regardless of their "penchant to get dinged up", you're better off. Last year there were 8 running backs with 1,000 yards or more. 5 of them were in the playoffs. 2 were in the CCG, one in the SB. In 2019, there were 15 running backs with 1,000 yards or more. 6 of them were in the playoffs. 2 were in the CCG, none in the SB. I'll take the great QB and a RB room full of #2's over the bell cow, thank you. Of course, if you find one to pair with that great QB, it's gravy.
View attachment 48144

Wouldn't be the first Greg Bell. Great player for the two years with the Rams back in 88-89
I know absolutely nothing about Greg Bell from San Diego St., other than he's like #4 or #5 in rushing yards. But I picked him BECAUSE of Greg Bell 1989/90. :biggrin:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Henderson had 8 rushing attempts for 5 total yards against TB last year. If he's questionable, keep him out of this next game.
Malcolm Brown had 3 attempts for 20 yards, so go with Sony Michele, Jake Funk and activate big Buddy Howell. jmo.

Tano

Legend
Henderson had 8 rushing attempts for 5 total yards against TB last year. If he's questionable, keep him out of this next game.
Malcolm Brown had 3 attempts for 20 yards, so go with Sony Michele, Jake Funk and activate big Buddy Howell. jmo.
Yeah I think you need to go up the middle on Tampa Bay.