Rams have slowly painted themselves into a corner and I don’t envy McVay right now…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah but when you see Evans coming in to replace Ty Nsekhe, you are going to say "Oh No, we've lost Nsekhe"
Yeah & your going. The Rams will lose again. Then at some point you see Taylor Rapp getting burned deep for a 60 yard TD.Ӥ

The Rams will be so much better off without those 2 Rams. The Rams never win the SuperBowl without HOF player Eric Weedle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit... I'm a fan on a Rams board.
Learned a lot from plenty of posters on here and will keep learning.
Read/listen to a decent amount of outside stuff too.. mostly stuff I can learn a little from.

Hot takes/reactionary stuff/groupthink... are all things that I react poorly to. It's a worldview thing.

I laughed at your post because you couldn't go with "The defense is bad", no.. to you.. it's "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!!"... and that's just a bit at this point, to me. If you don't see that the problems on D yesterday were much, much, much more about execution than scheme OR personnel (my favorite bitching point on D is the personnel issues.. but they had good enough players on the field to win yesterday).. it's because you're stuck in a narrative.

But.. hey.. it's a FAN BOARD... you're not paid for your bad opinions.

Like I posted Taylor Rapp is Horrible. Bobby Evans as well. I gave not watch much of the games this season. The Tampa Bay game was enough.

Tutu had a nice TD yesterday. Was happy for him & The Rams. Knew The Rams defense was in trouble though.

Gaines & Floyd had sacks.Floyd has stepped up as of late.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
LMAO - don’t agree, except for the getting OBJ & Von Miller.Bobby Trees getting hurt would have hurt without OBJ.
—The O’Line ?? You really believe that ? Expect a long off season then,or a long couple of seasons.
"LMAO you do not agree....."
So what, you prove you do know jack about football. Mr. "legend"
I mean, have you watched our games ?? You know, the ones where there are no holes for our running backs. TERRIBLE running game. And....... just what kind of shape is our Super Bowl winning quarterback in ??? You know, the one where we mortgaged our future to get that ring for.
Come on, tell us.
You must like him stepping back into instant pressure and getting rag dolled.

The offensive line is the single most important unit on a football team. Football 101.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
And there you have it folks.

If you can't sustain a drive.
If you can't convert 3rd downs.
If you don't win the field position battle.

It leaves your defense on the field too long and by the fourth quarter they're pretty winded.

Agreed. What you've said is the key. Sustaining drives and turning those sustained drives into scores not only helps your team to win, but a decent defense can become a good or great defense when they aren't on the field too long or having to play for a near shut out only to have a chance to win.

If our offensive production had matched last season, the Rams would be 7-3 right now. Of course that's just my opinion.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
"LMAO you do not agree....."
So what, you prove you do know jack about football. Mr. "legend"
I mean, have you watched our games ?? You know, the ones where there are no holes for our running backs. TERRIBLE running game. And....... just what kind of shape is our Super Bowl winning quarterback in ??? You know, the one where we mortgaged our future to get that ring for.
Come on, tell us.
You must like him stepping back into instant pressure and getting rag dolled.

The offensive line is the single most important unit on a football team. Football 101.

HELLO!! INJURIES?

We’ll see after the season.I wouldn’t even know where to start up front right now.

I don’t know why I like AJ Arcuri? At some point he might get some playing time ?

O’Day on 1 play looked horrible,so I can’t honestly say as much after the Saints game.

Am excited to see B Perkins start ? So football 101 will see how that goes ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams have a city to win over and a new stadium with all its beauty but is shared with another team. The Rams had to be the first team in So Fi to win a SB. So they went all in and shot their wad but it worked. The Rams won a Super Bowl in LA and there is not one other teams front office that would say it was a bad decision.
The Rams will be back, this is an injury problem we are going through and next season will be better.
I for one am going to watch every game till the end and I'm going to enjoy them and when I get down after a loss I will look on my wall and see the Rams Super Bowl poster.
Way to stay positive!! I’ll do the same.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams won the Super Bowl last year.

This year the team, particularly the OL, has been decimated by injuries.

The end.

That is not the total result.It has gotten worse & the result for the future is going on right now.

This is a test of time.Sean Mcvay got married. It was a contract year for he & Les Snead.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed. What you've said is the key. Sustaining drives and turning those sustained drives into scores not only helps your team to win, but a decent defense can become a good or great defense when they aren't on the field too long or having to play for a near shut out only to have a chance to win.

If our offensive production had matched last season, the Rams would be 7-3 right now. Of course that's just my opinion.

If the queen had balls she would have been King. Sort of funny not much talk about a New King?
Integrity still might actually mean something now as days?

Let’s see the direction this ship sails to end the season.Do you have the chart. I didn’t see this storm coming. It has gotten worse.

Kupp & Stafford getting hurt scares me about the near future.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
not in a corner at all.

It appears we're headed for a last place schedule, which would give us the Bears or Lions next year, the Texans and likely the Panthers.

for the draft, we'll have 10 picks. We have our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

This is all reminiscent of the season before McVay arrived and his first draft.

BUT to top it all off, we have McVay, AD, Kupp, Stafford, Ramsey and AD all under contract next year.

The only UFAs we'd miss are Edwards, Gaines and A'Shawn - but none of those guys are irreplaceable.

We are at the cap for next year, which means we can create space through restructures and cuts.

Our OL, which is essentially the only reason we're 3-7 right now instead of having a winning record, will have:

Noteboom, Allen, Shelton, Bruss, Havenstein

Akers and Williams will be the RBs, and we will add here. We will to the OL, probably making a BIG move there for the first time. At WR we will have everyone back, depending on what we can do with Robinson and if he and Stafford gel. On defense we went HAM on our secondary in last years draft for a reason, and I think Morris' scheme is the big issue there.

We will go into the offseason with a short shopping list:

Impact OL
Impact pass rusher
RB
S
DL

That's it. That, coupled with how pissed everyone will be - this team will be right back to it next year, aided by a 3rd or 4th place schedule.

I'm checking out for the rest of this year - will watch every game, but not worth investing time into it other than that. We will be a top 2 seed next year, mark my words.

Tano

Legend
not in a corner at all.

It appears we're headed for a last place schedule, which would give us the Bears or Lions next year, the Texans and likely the Panthers.

for the draft, we'll have 10 picks. We have our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

This is all reminiscent of the season before McVay arrived and his first draft.

BUT to top it all off, we have McVay, AD, Kupp, Stafford, Ramsey and AD all under contract next year.

The only UFAs we'd miss are Edwards, Gaines and A'Shawn - but none of those guys are irreplaceable.

We are at the cap for next year, which means we can create space through restructures and cuts.

Our OL, which is essentially the only reason we're 3-7 right now instead of having a winning record, will have:

Noteboom, Allen, Shelton, Bruss, Havenstein

Akers and Williams will be the RBs, and we will add here. We will to the OL, probably making a BIG move there for the first time. At WR we will have everyone back, depending on what we can do with Robinson and if he and Stafford gel. On defense we went HAM on our secondary in last years draft for a reason, and I think Morris' scheme is the big issue there.

We will go into the offseason with a short shopping list:

Impact OL
Impact pass rusher
RB
S
DL

That's it. That, coupled with how pissed everyone will be - this team will be right back to it next year, aided by a 3rd or 4th place schedule.

I'm checking out for the rest of this year - will watch every game, but not worth investing time into it other than that. We will be a top 2 seed next year, mark my words.
I agree with you.

I think we need to go with a name OL FA (along with 2 OL in the draft) and a name Pass Rusher FA and we will definitely be top 5 again

And then go BPA in the draft (as long as none of them are WR - we are good at that position for next year)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think we need to go with a name OL FA (along with 2 OL in the draft) and a name Pass Rusher FA and we will definitely be top 5 again

More than any other position, OL is where I would look to spend FA money at. And pretty much everybody to the left of Havs should be considered replaceable.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I may never get over the colossal error of drafting Atwell over Humphrey.
It's like a singular event that perfectly encapsulates the catastrophe of this season. Feels like it's going to haunt us for a long time.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
yes yes Mcvay doesn't care about the 0line or running the ball...

even though 3 out of 5 years he has had top 10 in both.

People also live under this myth that if your 0-line is good your offense will be good.

Cleveland has a top notch 0-line and running backs and never wins anything... the 49ners have a strong 0-line and have a losing record under Shanahan.. im sure i could find many more examples. Shit when we had our best running teams we were good but never wont it all. In the end its having the right QB and a talented defense.

You need the 0-line to be good enough.... you can't pay for elite 0 lineman and also have players like Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, von miller, ect.

the salary cap makes it tricky.
The Whitworth investment paid off very well. I just wish the Rams were more aware of just how well that panned out for us.

fearsomefour

Legend
I do wonder if it was just money that kept Von from resigning or did he see something he didn't like with the team?
All teams miss on picks, many find unexpected diamonds.
The recent release of Burgess and Henderson certainly make Sneads recent history look worse.
The running game hasn't been working for years at this point. It was also basically non existent late last year and in the playoffs (minus the Cardinals game).
If the OL did what they expected/hoped this team would likely be sitting at 6-4 or 7-3 mark. The bend but don't break D certainly can work with an O scoring in the high 20s every week.
One of the biggest shocks to me has been the generally bad play on the back end of the D.
I really like the players they have drafted for the back end. I still do but, some strange choices to me.
Rapp is not a good S at this point. Scott has disappointed. Fuller hurt (as usual), Burgess cut.
DBs have not been good either. Why start Kendricks over Durant?
2 blocked punts this season?
Come on.
Also, a good vet backup QB costs more than the Rams want to spend at that position.
Its way way way way too early to throw Bruss out.
He looked like a rookie in preseason, but, you could see flashes.
McVay needs to be honest about his short comings and about those of his coaches as well.
It would have been a different season without the injuries for sure, but, this team was not perfect even if perfectly healthy.