Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And if I ever get close to the line please tell me so I can adjust my take.
And I appreciate this attitude. If we do tell people they are crossing that line, it's not because we just want to be dicks. Well... Maybe I do but the others don't. ;)

I got nothing against @jrry32.
Honestly - I don't either. I have butted heads with Jrry many times and no doubt will continue to do so. As a moderator, I will make comments that seem more personal than we allow from other members. It's just the nature of the job. We don't expect other members to enforce the rules - even though we appreciate their help in reminding people at times - but we are charged to do just that. And sorry - but if a member is doing something that is not in keeping with the vibe of the board, sometimes I feel it is more effective to point it out in "public" - if you will. Other times, I will send that person a PM.

Idk why @jrry32 is being made out as the bad guy here. His conversation in this thread between him and X, they civilly debated back and forth, and then agreed to disagree. Does jrry have a strong opinion? Sure. Does he back down to people who challenge his opinion? Absolutely not. I think there is a fine line imo between passionately stating (and even defending) ones opinion vs "shoving it down peoples throats."

The arguing began when others attacked jrry's character personally, rather than his opinion. Jmo
Indeed there is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've been good. I'm certainly excited with the prospect of a new regime, even if our past 3 leave me a little cautiously optimistic to say the least haha. I think I'm leaning towards Shaw or Kyle Shanahan right now, giving Shanahan the slight edge right now with his success on multiple stops in the NFL.

On a personal note I have 3 semesters left in college before I have to start "real life." Also hoping to put down a deposit to get on the season ticket waitlist for 2017. How are you and the family Paulie?
Doin' great, man. Thanks for asking. Up in NC now living the dream. Sold the business, semi-retired, and just working for the gubmint until I fully retire in about 15 more years. We last spoke on the phone when I was still in Florida, and that had to be what - 5 years ago? Were you still in High School at the time? lol. Here's my new number if you wanna talk football again (828-808-2131) - but you can't keep me on the phone for 3 hours this time. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I know I put my phone number out there in public. That's what badasses do.
muscleflexing.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lulz. Honestly, we should all talk to each other on the phone at least once.
That would eliminate a lot of the hostility.

'Cept for Prime Time.
Everytime I talk to him on the phone, I end up wanting to punch a kitten.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
My posting style is usually one lick in a down to up direction, then I place the stamp in the top corner, put the envelope in the mailbox and lift the little arm...
... my mailbox is pretty well behaved so I've never had to use an aggressive posting style, but I bet I could really freak it up if I was angry....

; )

You will always get a pass no matter what you do, just for your avatar.:rockon:

Psycho_X

Legend
Where I started to have issues was with people commenting that they were bummed that it happened too early because they wanted him to hold the record for losses and crap like that.

Bah, I was just being sarcastic. I don't actually wish he stayed one more week to get the record... I would have been perfectly fine with them firing him last week really. :) But like I've said before, I like Fisher. I would have been fine with him staying as long as he gave up control of the offense to an experienced OC next season. But I poke fun because I care. Well that's probably not true... I'm just a sarcastic ass when dealing with uncomfortable situations which, lets face it, is like 95% of our lives as Rams fans.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
This is candidate for thread of the year.
The highs, the lows. I feel like I've gone on a Hobbit-like journey reading this shit over the past few days. (y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bah, I was just being sarcastic. I don't actually wish he stayed one more week to get the record... I would have been perfectly fine with them firing him last week really. :) But like I've said before, I like Fisher. I would have been fine with him staying as long as he gave up control of the offense to an experienced OC next season. But I poke fun because I care. Well that's probably not true... I'm just a sarcastic ass when dealing with uncomfortable situations which, lets face it, is like 95% of our lives as Rams fans.
It wasn't just you. I don't have a problem with being sarcastic. I don't particularly care for people hiding behind it but.... Anyway, I really think this is getting blown out of proportion. And my getting defensive isn't helping. I have one goal here besides having fun shooting the shit with other Rams fans. That goal is to help keep this place a special place on keel with how it all started.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright... I was trying to just let this one play out and die but...

@jrry32 - If an "aggressive" posting style means calling someone's take "total nonsense" then I agree that you do need to change your tactics/style. If beating people over the head with a one subject agenda until they submit or want to put you on ignore is what you consider an "aggressive" posting style then you probably should not be surprised by them getting their hackles up and again, you may want to reconsider your style.

It's fun to talk football but not with someone who tries to brow beat you into submission any time they disagree. It gets really old.

I don't hold any ill will towards someone who gets irritated with me during a discussion. I accept that as a consequence of my posting style. I'll certainly call someone out, though, if they come in with a person attack without being provoked.

As for changing, probably not going to happen. The best thing the Rams can do is win. That'll keep me from getting fixated on the horse and then beating it to death (and beyond death). Hopefully, they hire the right coach. If they don't, I might just end up banned. I accept that as a consequence too.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Or people looking for that special kind of Sailor Lovin.
And yes maybe I am askin.
Wow, I come back after a couple of months to see how you guys are doing with losing you coach and come across this. Maybe the Rams should have moved to San Francisco........ :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wow, I come back after a couple of months to see how you guys are doing with losing you coach and come across this. Maybe the Rams should have moved to San Francisco........ :)
Or maybe you googled "Sailor Lovin", and you ended up here.