Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
I've missed the last 5 or so pages and by the looks of the most recent stuff I'll be better off skipping it. I did see one mention of Fisher coaching in college which I think would be fantastic for him. I don't know if it'd be something he'd want to do at this stage of his career and age. But I always thought the way he coaches teams would have success in college. Not Nick Saban type success but I think his demeanor and ability to inspire his players would go a long way in recruiting and maintaining a college program successfully.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I think Fisher will get another HC job, but probably not Full Control and an Hands Off the offense policy.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I think Fisher will get another HC job, but probably not Full Control and an Hands Off the offense policy.

Really? Interesting.
I think he's done as a head coach in the NFL.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Really? Interesting.
I think he's done as a head coach in the NFL.

Gotta agree. I can't see anyone seeing him as a great candidate for job, not the way the media has beat him up now. It also doesn't help that his first loss will set the all time record, not exactly the sort of attention any team wants with a new hire.

I see either him going into operations for someone (cause of the connections) or maybe going college in a year or 2.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bravo! I agree wholeheartedly. I am gonna stick my nose in here and I am sure its not wanted so forgive me. I have seen the term aggressive posting style tossed around. To me this has always meant "I am gonna shove my opinion down your throat and make you like it." Kinda code don't you know. And the term respect. Well this to is code. It validates what I am saying as long as I respect you I can say whatever I want to you or I wouldn't even bother. Well hell as long as you respect me just bend me over and shove a 2by4 up my arse. Its OK I know you respect me. What is the worth of one opinion? The loss of 3,4,5? I don't know. I know good riddance right. And interesting question was posed years ago on another board. At what point does a posters start trolling their own board? I always found that interesting. Not that I am calling anyone a troll. I have to much respect for that. See how that word play works. lol As far as the age thing goes yeah I have met as many dumb old people as young the difference is experience there is no substitute for it. Plain and simple. If you are always set on attack it can make conversation oppressive. Of course the way around that is to walk a tightrope with the rules ever swaying just not falling over. Isn't that right?

I have a simple way of remedying that. My posting style is my posting style. It's not going to change. If you would prefer I don't respond to you anymore, let me know. I'll put you on my ignore list. I don't mean that as a petty remark. I mean it sincerely. If you're on my ignore list, I won't see your posts, and you won't have to put up with my aggressive posting style. I'm not here to make anyone miserable. If I'm doing that, I'll do my best to fix that.

Same offer to anyone else. Just send me a PM.

I'll get you a mirror.

I appreciate the gesture, but I have a mirror. Same offer to you.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I have made my view clear that I feel it is bad form to kick Fisher on the way out.
Just out of curiosity.Given the situation and the Built up frustration of it all.
And given that nobody would read it other than us RodHeads.
Is it Bad form or bush league to have some fun at Fishers expense.
I'm not saying we should be calling him worthless POS or anything like that.
Just Guy's hanging out in a bar room type atmosphere celebrating the situation.
There are going to be some jokes cracked,but I don't think anyone meant any
true ill will toward the guy.Just looking for your opinion.Not even going to respond,
unless you call me buttercup like Dog did.lol.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a simple way of remedying that. My posting style is my posting style. It's not going to change. If you would prefer I don't respond to you anymore, let me know. I'll put you on my ignore list. I don't mean that as a petty remark. I mean it sincerely. If you're on my ignore list, I won't see your posts, and you won't have to put up with my aggressive posting style. I'm not here to make anyone miserable. If I'm doing that, I'll do my best to fix that.

Same offer to anyone else. Just send me a PM.

I appreciate the gesture, but I have a mirror. Same offer to you.

Who you ignore is your business. As far as your posting style goes you introduced it into the conversation. Whether you change or not doesn't effect me one way or another. Any problems you have with your style would fall to the mods of which I am not one. As far as you making anyone miserable well only you truly no the answer to that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just out of curiosity.Given the situation and the Built up frustration of it all.
And given that nobody would read it other than us RodHeads.
Is it Bad form or bush league to have some fun at Fishers expense.
I'm not saying we should be calling him worthless POS or anything like that.
Just Guy's hanging out in a bar room type atmosphere celebrating the situation.
There are going to be some jokes cracked,but I don't think anyone meant any
true ill will toward the guy.Just looking for your opinion.Not even going to respond,
unless you call me buttercup like Dog did.lol.
Yeah - fair question. Personally, I think making jokes is ok as long as they are fairly respectful. That is a fine line - right? Where I started to have issues was with people commenting that they were bummed that it happened too early because they wanted him to hold the record for losses and shit like that. I also had a problem with members jumping on other members for thanking the guy for pulling us out of the crap he inherited.

I am happy about the move. I think it was overdue. I'm excited for the future of our team. I think Fish and whoever was truly responsible for the roster, have built a team that will be a FAR better situation to walk into than what he had. Hopefully that means winning. I just don't think the other stuff is cool and I would say it to someone if we were sharing a pitcher too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who you ignore is your business. As far as your posting style goes you introduced it into the conversation. Whether you change or not doesn't effect me one way or another. Any problems you have with your style would fall to the mods of which I am not one. As far as you making anyone miserable well only you truly no the answer to that.

You complained about me. I'm offering you an out. If you don't want to take it, fine. That's your right.

But if you choose not to take it, I expect not to see more attacks on my person.

Like I said, all you have to do is PM me. I'm happy to oblige. Same goes for anyone else. Have a good evening.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lighten up big dog no one has attacked your person. Your a funny guy. Do you always treat others this way.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am curious at @jrry32 are you a mod or owner of this site. Just trying too figure out where all this weight your throwing around is coming from. In respect to what you expect.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Alright... I was trying to just let this one play out and die but...

@jrry32 - If an "aggressive" posting style means calling someone's take "total nonsense" then I agree that you do need to change your tactics/style. If beating people over the head with a one subject agenda until they submit or want to put you on ignore is what you consider an "aggressive" posting style then you probably should not be surprised by them getting their hackles up and again, you may want to reconsider your style.

It's fun to talk football but not with someone who tries to brow beat you into submission any time they disagree. It gets really old.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My posting style is usually one lick in a down to up direction, then I place the stamp in the top corner, put the envelope in the mailbox and lift the little arm...
... my mailbox is pretty well behaved so I've never had to use an aggressive posting style, but I bet I could really fuck it up if I was angry....

; )

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I am curious at @jrry32 are you a mod or owner of this site. Just trying too figure out were all this weight your throwing around is coming from. In respect to what you expect.

No to the bolded. But what I would like to point out here is that we actually DO like to try to give people as much leeway as possible here. We don't like to jump on people as moderators. Most times we let members work through things on their own as long as they are not taking it over the top.

The reason I say this is that there is often a whole bunch of crap that leads up to someone being removed from here. Other times it is an obvious disconnect right out of the gate. We tend to give long time members more rope. But at such a time that we are warning people or banning people, there is often a lot more going on that other members simply haven't seen because they have not essentially (between the 6 of us) read every post in every thread - often multiple times. They haven't looked back at a member's history and how they have dealt with other members and how they affect the vibe of the board.

I'm not even really directing this at you Ozark. It's more because you asked so I am answering. I can tell you though, our patience does wear thin at times. Again - not at you but in general.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No to the bolded. But what I would like to point out here is that we actually DO like to try to give people as much leeway as possible here. We don't like to jump on people as moderators. Most times we let members work through things on their own as long as they are not taking it over the top.

The reason I say this is that there is often a whole bunch of crap that leads up to someone being removed from here. Other times it is an obvious disconnect right out of the gate. We tend to give long time members more rope. But at such a time that we are warning people or banning people, there is often a lot more going on that other members simply haven't seen because they have not essentially (between the 6 of us) read every post in every thread - often multiple times. They haven't looked back at a member's history and how they have dealt with other members and how they affect the vibe of the board.

I'm not even really directing this at you Ozark. It's more because you asked so I am answering. I can tell you though, our patience does wear thin at times. Again - not at you but in general.
Thank you. You guys do a great job. And if I ever get close to the line please tell me so I can adjust my take. I got nothing against @jrry32. I have seen some of his posts he is a smart guy. There are just ways things can be worded that can cause a negative reaction. And I can be an ornery cuss.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Idk why @jrry32 is being made out as the bad guy here. His conversation in this thread between him and X, they civilly debated back and forth, and then agreed to disagree. Does jrry have a strong opinion? Sure. Does he back down to people who challenge his opinion? Absolutely not. I think there is a fine line imo between passionately stating (and even defending) ones opinion vs "shoving it down peoples throats."

The arguing began when others attacked jrry's character personally, rather than his opinion. Jmo

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Idk why @jrry32 is being made out as the bad guy here. His conversation in this thread between him and X, they civilly debated back and forth, and then agreed to disagree. Does jrry have a strong opinion? Sure. Does he back down to people who challenge his opinion? Absolutely not. I think there is a fine line imo between passionately stating (and even defending) ones opinion vs "shoving it down peoples throats."
Well why don't you marry him then, if you love him so much?

Yeah, jrry and I just had a difference of opinion about whether or not celebrating Fisher's demise is cool, but it started out with me just wondering (out loud) why people bring up his salary when commenting about him losing his job. Personally, I don't see that as any real consolation prize, and I'm sure Fisher doesn't either. Nobody loses a job that awesome and says, "well, at least I have all this money." People who have money still have dreams and goals, and the sting of failure isn't any less than it would be for me or you. It is what it is though. I can't tell jrry he's wrong, and he can't tell me I'm wrong either. It's just an opinion. I mean, I'm always right regardless, but that's just the way the stars align. Can't change the stars.

How've you been, Nick? Everything good?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Well why don't you marry him then, if you love him so much?

Yeah, jrry and I just had a difference of opinion about whether or not celebrating Fisher's demise is cool, but it started out with me just wondering (out loud) why people bring up his salary when commenting about him losing his job. Personally, I don't see that as any real consolation prize, and I'm sure Fisher doesn't either. Nobody loses a job that awesome and says, "well, at least I have all this money." People who have money still have dreams and goals, and the sting of failure isn't any less than it would be for me or you. It is what it is though. I can't tell jrry he's wrong, and he can't tell me I'm wrong either. It's just an opinion. I mean, I'm always right regardless, but that's just the way the stars align. Can't change the stars.

How've you been, Nick? Everything good?

I've been good. I'm certainly excited with the prospect of a new regime, even if our past 3 leave me a little cautiously optimistic to say the least haha. I think I'm leaning towards Shaw or Kyle Shanahan right now, giving Shanahan the slight edge right now with his success on multiple stops in the NFL.

On a personal note I have 3 semesters left in college before I have to start "real life." Also hoping to put down a deposit to get on the season ticket waitlist for 2017. How are you and the family Paulie?