Rams Free Agency day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Edit: Rambill posted first.

Better get this man signed. Not much left.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hard to believe when Jones is the smartest player on the team. If they go into next season counting on either of them, I will be a very sad Sloth. I don't trust them to give Foles the protection he needs. I'm tired of bad O-lines in StL.

Being smart is fine, but if you don't have the reps and experience doing something, you can't do it. But if they believe with the reps he can do it, that's all good.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Plus, he's a damn CHILD ABUSER by nature so I'm not so sure that any human being would want that cat

Not trying to comment on that here (although I do have a take on it). My only point is that as a football player who will be eligible to play and likely want to leave Minny and have to do it after the draft due to timeline constraints, he'll be constricted by the number of teams with remaining cap room.

To move, he'll have to rework his deal. That's a given.

I personally don't have a doubt that he's the best RB in the NFL and I think he's easily got another 3 years. So yeah, I'd get him because you go get a HoF RB who changes games.

As for his off the field sitch, I'll say this... If Greg Hardy gets to play, AP gets to play ALL DAY.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
He's a next level RB and we're a power running team. AP would actually be perfect for this team as it is set up with Mason as the change of pace back.

I have no info, but I can't imagine that with this cap room that someone at Rams Park hasn't brought it up...

And think about it. He's the kind of addition who would immediately change things...

I won't allow myself to wish for AP, but I like the way you think Mack! A.Peterson would add nitro to Ram's theoretical high octane rushing machine.

It would be nice to watch Foles throw forty TD's to wide open WR's, because defenses have stuffed 8 men in the box to stop AP... Ah, to dream!

Foles stands amid the roar
Of Saint Louis on the shore,
While AP runs for daylight
Tavon catches every pass in sight and scores...

The Sack Attack! See how they rush
Like sand that seeps and sieves, and crushes

While Wilson, Kaepernick, and what's his name weep,
See the Mighty Quinn and A. Donald grimly reap
Quarterback and running back indiscriminately

Grab them with a tighter grasp
So that the Fisherman might finally clasp
The Lombardi Trophy behind the mask
Of a bushy "I am the Walrus" mustache,

Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

PS...In my post and poem, I did not take into account that AP abused his child. That's huge! And it's an albatross that AP will wear around his neck for the rest of his natural born life... Let it be know, I compartmentalized... I daydreamed about AP's football talent and not his parenting skills...Nothing more...Let us hope that A. Peterson and his family have embraced LOVE and that AP has LEARNED from his mistakes...

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Not trying to comment on that here (although I do have a take on it). My only point is that as a football player who will be eligible to play and likely want to leave Minny and have to do it after the draft due to timeline constraints, he'll be constricted by the number of teams with remaining cap room.

To move, he'll have to rework his deal. That's a given.

I personally don't have a doubt that he's the best RB in the NFL and I think he's easily got another 3 years. So yeah, I'd get him because you go get a HoF RB who changes games.

As for his off the field sitch, I'll say this... If Greg Hardy gets to play, AP gets to play ALL DAY.

Not sure on AP as a human or as a player the Rams should invest in

God willing Cig has more faith in Zac Stacy. Plus this is a deep Draft for RB's

I say pass

V3

Hall of Fame
Being smart is fine, but if you don't have the reps and experience doing something, you can't do it. But if they believe with the reps he can do it, that's all good.
If all he needed was reps, then why didn't they let him play the last few games last year when we were already eliminated? It wouldn't have hurt a thing and we'd have a better idea of what he is.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If all he needed was reps, then why didn't they let him play the last few games last year when we were already eliminated? It wouldn't have hurt a thing and we'd have a better idea of what he is.

Because even if you are eliminated, you don't mail in the rest of the season for the sake of the fans.

Wells still playing was purely Fisher's nepotism showing. And you'll never convince me otherwise.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Because of pride. Fisher will never intentionally lose a game or give reps to young players and he thought a veteran was his best chance. He does this all the time.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
But you already know why Fisher didn't. Wells was going to play no matter what because Fisher was more comfortable with the veteran. It had nothing to do with Jones or Barnes.

V3

Hall of Fame
Because even if you are eliminated, you don't mail in the rest of the season for the sake of the fans.

Wells still playing was purely Fisher's nepotism showing. And you'll never convince me otherwise.
That's not mailing it in and it surely isn't for the fans. It wouldn't have changed a thing unless we found out Jones could play.

I agree with the nepotism part, though.

V3

Hall of Fame
Because of pride. Fisher will never intentionally lose a game or give reps to young players and he thought a veteran was his best chance. He does this all the time.
Playing Jones over Wells would have been intentionally losing the game? I don't agree. He also played Davis over Hill. Hill was a veteran that would have probably given him a better chance to win but he played Davis anyways to see what he could do.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Rams interested in Nick Farley according to B/R pop up I just got.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This^ won't Fly with Williams!! He'll work or be OUT!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Hard to believe when Jones is the smartest player on the team. If they go into next season counting on either of them, I will be a very sad Sloth. I don't trust them to give Foles the protection he needs. I'm tired of bad O-lines in StL.
We could always get you one of these if you're too sad

BABY_RUTH_CANDY_BARS__x2__400.jpg