Rams Free Agency day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
why would you think we would sign him? I'm not being a jerk, I'm genuinely curious.

He's a next level RB and we're a power running team. AP would actually be perfect for this team as it is set up with Mason as the change of pace back.

I have no info, but I can't imagine that with this cap room that someone at Rams Park hasn't brought it up...

And think about it. He's the kind of addition who would immediately change things...

V3

Hall of Fame
For all we know, they think incredibly highly of Barrett Jones and Demetrius Rhaney.

They were interested in Wiz at one point, so I don't know. I think they're trying.
If the Rams thought much of either of them, IMO they would have given them a chance to play a game or two last season when Wells wasn't playing well, was dinged up, and we were already eliminated from the playoffs. I've lost hope in any current players on the roster being starting material at center.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like Boling is gone. Not sure if this is posted in another thread.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Bengals have signed G Clint Boling to a five-year, $26 million contract.

———–

Aditi Kinkhabwala reports that the Bengals have agreed to terms with G Clint Boling on a new contract.

Chris Tomasson previously reported that the Vikings were making a strong push for Boling, but it sounds like a return to the Bengals could happen at some point in the near future.

Boling, 25, appeared in all 16 games for the Bengals last year and graded out as the No. 19 guard out of 78 qualifying players, according to Pro Football Focus.

We had Boling listed as the No. 21 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I like him better in our offense than in the Cards offense...

Plus, he's a damn FREAK of nature so I'm not so sure that regular human numbers apply to that cat.

Plus, he's a damn CHILD ABUSER by nature so I'm not so sure that any human being would want that cat

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
He's a next level RB and we're a power running team. AP would actually be perfect for this team as it is set up with Mason as the change of pace back.

I have no info, but I can't imagine that with this cap room that someone at Rams Park hasn't brought it up...

And think about it. He's the kind of addition who would immediately change things...

He'd immediately change things, but for how long? He'd eat $15-17M against the cap over the next 3 years at an age where running backs rapidly decline.

V3

Hall of Fame

Just remember that we're going to have to sign Foles to a new contract. Maybe not this year but definitely next year. AP will take a large chunk for at least 2 or 3 years.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with those that suggest giving Britt a very reasonable one year contract. He was OK last year and kept out of trouble. That's not a ringin endorsement in my view and not worthy of demanding a longer term contract and much money.

Barksdale... I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not that high on him. He started off gangbusters, but trailed off toward the end of the season.

I wouldn't give up too much to keep either of them.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
One name that I've floated around for a few years now that I think would be PERFECT for this defense is Brandon Spikes.

He's reached the point where he's now a 2-down run stuffer, which he excels at. I'd love to see him take over Dunbar's spot.

Good call I believe you, another poster and I talked a lot about him when he was coming out in the draft on another board. I agree would still be a good fit for this team.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Another player-crush of mine I'd like to kick the tires on his RFA Will Hill. He's a stud.

Ravens have right of first refusal, but worth a shot. Immediate upgrade over McLeod. Pro Bowl talent and Fisher has shown an ability to keep players with character issues in check.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with those that suggest giving Britt a very reasonable one year contract. He was OK last year and kept out of trouble. That's not a ringin endorsement in my view and not worthy of demanding a longer term contract and much money.

Barksdale... I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not that high on him. He started off gangbusters, but trailed off toward the end of the season.

I wouldn't give up too much to keep either of them.

You put Saffold next to him again and he'll play at a high level. It'd be nice to lock him up for another contract at about 5 million a year.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Good call I believe you, another poster and I talked a lot about him when he was coming out in the draft on another board. I agree would still be a good fit for this team.
One of the better run defending LBs in the league and got paid peanuts last year for the Bills. He played inside in a 3-4 but I don't see any reason why you couldn't play him as a 2-down thumper in a 4-3.

As far as I know, he's never been on the Rams radar though.

I'm sure you know a lot about him from his time with the Patsies, huh?

Good to hear from you BTW!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm not. The guy had 700+ yards and made two below average QBs look better than they really were for that period of time and has always been good at keeping out of trouble as long as he was with Fisher.

I can't imagine what he'd do with an actual good, high class QB throwing to him, or hell even just an average, alright QB. I'm not interested in doing this again next year, we finally have one of the WRs everyone wanted us to have, and we're just going to low ball him?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If the Rams thought much of either of them, IMO they would have given them a chance to play a game or two last season when Wells wasn't playing well, was dinged up, and we were already eliminated from the playoffs. I've lost hope in any current players on the roster being starting material at center.

They might not have known the line calls yet. Backups get low amounts of reps.

V3

Hall of Fame
They might not have known the line calls yet. Backups get low amounts of reps.
Hard to believe when Jones is the smartest player on the team. If they go into next season counting on either of them, I will be a very sad Sloth. I don't trust them to give Foles the protection he needs. I'm tired of bad O-lines in StL.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
One of the better run defending LBs in the league and got paid peanuts last year for the Bills. He played inside in a 3-4 but I don't see any reason why you couldn't play him as a 2-down thumper in a 4-3.

As far as I know, he's never been on the Rams radar though.

I'm sure you know a lot about him from his time with the Patsies, huh?

Good to hear from you BTW!

Good to hear from you too. I think he would be a great fit as a 2 down backer. Disaster in coverage but again, we are not looking for him to do that.

He played great for NE in the role we have described. He was a bit of a meat head, missed a few meeting, nude pics on twitter and a few other minor things, but on the field he was very good. I think the Rams are looking for a more athletic type of LB than Spikes, which might explain the interest in Jacquian Williams.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Completely agree about B. Jones, but Rhaney was not an option. He was on IR.

V3

Hall of Fame
Jones or Rhaney or Draft if they miss out on wiz
Heck no to all three! I don't trust what we already have and I don't want to rely on a rookie at the 2nd most important position on the line.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Another name to keep an eye on. Anthony Collins.

He was excellent in his time with the Bengals. Struggled on a bad, bad Bucs line last year after signing a huge deal.

Great depth option at worst with realistic potential to be a very good starting OL.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

G Justin Blalock does plan to visit Rams, but Detroit also in mix