Rams “Definitely” Value Austin Blythe

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
With the pending loss of five OL'ers from this current cadre......sounds about right. Do we still have 3 picks in this draft?:pop:
Who are the five you are thinking about?
Blythe is a free agent, and both Havenstein and Whitworth have been mentioned for cap relief but who are the other two?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm hoping to holy fate that Blythe isn't re-signed. We need a younger, stronger, and better center.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm hoping to holy fate that Blythe isn't re-signed. We need a younger, stronger, and better center.

I actually believe the Rams sign a veteran center for Stafford's first year, hopefully, they are able to restructure for some cap room and add an Alex Mack for example and maybe draft a Center like Drew Dalman of Stanford (Carberry) because Dalman sound similar to Blythe.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Blythe is a free agent, and both Havenstein and Whitworth have been mentioned for cap relief but who are the other two?

Whitworth could easily retire, and Corbett, Brewer, Shelton & Allen become free agents following the 2021 season. Brewer likely sticks as an ERFA, but still ...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Whitworth could easily retire, and Corbett, Brewer, Shelton & Allen become free agents following the 2021 season. Brewer likely sticks as an ERFA, but still ...
I was interpreting ‘pending loss’ to mean this off-season ... not next off-season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I lost my mind many decades ago when I was in 6th grade living in Lompoc CA to the Rams.

So you don't believe that Noteboom has the skills & talent to play RT but does @ LT & LG? You & I know the demands @ LT are higher than @ RT. Noteboom has played RT for the Rams back in the 2018 pre season. He did very well. Don't sell Noteboom so short on his abilities to play any OT post!

If the Rams spend salary cap $$$ they do not have to retain a UFA who has demonstrated to be the biggest problem player in the Ram offense? Good luck with how that turns out again.
After going through the QB for QB trade .....all the mind-blowing loss of future draft picks & the major investment of team funds invested in Goff in order to get better improvement in the offense & the Rams to turn around resign & reinvest $$$ in a center that would diminish all the above??? Is Insane!

Bonifay’d - good stuff man. Yeah- I know a couple people that went up
from So Cal,but not by choice.The hardest part was keeping the mind straight doing threes time.

Noteboom is a keeper in my book & maybe the best Bookend on The Rams.I also know he will battle for a starting spot no matter the position.I believe that’s part of his DNA.Lace’em UP!! Wonder what The Rams would think of him during the winter in Ice States. Lmao !!
Will see what happens at the Center position.What I know is what I know and believe from both Sean Mcvay & Austin Blythe. Brian Allen did start at Center with Blythe being the RG.
The truth is team building.Mcvay knows what he wants & The Rams have there chess pieces in place.The know who will restructure & have a time line in which they need to sign players.
Good luck ?? The Rams organization have an EXCELLENT strategy & I’m just trying to read between the lines.I like to feel the heart beat. Last night I got an amazing feeling on where this team may go. I love the way THE RAM ORGANIZATION is being run. Les goes to the money guy & Demoff over see’s it all like a fly on the wall.He has his input when needed.
I only call you out because your so right on!! Then again we see things differently & I debate you later on it.
I think St. Patrick’s day will be a good celebration day & can’t wait for the full week of a functioning Rams drunkenness all while being somber & hungover.Waking up & thinking WTF just happened. This team looks so much different. Can’t wait for the draft.
The Rams now need this position & this position & these new Comp picks are going to look good come May 1,2021.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

What about Noteboom dude ?? Yeah- don’t forget or sleep on Brewer in 2021 & beyond. The Rams have control of him.

Allen could be cut ? Just depends?? Will know soon enough.Right now I don’t see HTF The Rams can add another OLman really. Center is the spot Mcvay wants to have set going into OTA’s with Stafford.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I was interpreting ‘pending loss’ to mean this off-season ... not next off-season.

I think it's more about preparing this off-season for the potential losses we face next year. We have a looming crises at Center right now, and with 3 of the 5 possible that Boni is referring to being guys who are or could be centers, the situation is even more exacerbating. If the Rams should choose to move Corbett to Center this upcoming season, I would expect the Rams to draft another C/OG type for 2021, but should we go with a free agent signed long term at Center, then I doubt we find it necessary to draft one. jmo.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
What about Noteboom dude ?? Yeah- don’t forget or sleep on Brewer in 2021 & beyond.

LOL.
No one on this forum has been speaking up for Brewer so much as me over these last two years, so it won't be necessary for you to worry over my sleep. As for Noteboom, I had recommended him as being first up to replace Havenstein at RT in the event he were to become a CAP casualty, and I want to see Noteboom get more work this season so the Rams can make a better evaluation as he is also due to enter free agency following 2021. jmo.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You mean Nick Martin?

You want them to sign a center; and then use half their draft picks on the OL, including another center?

They need to reload for the coming years. Corbett and Noteboom are free agents and any Free Agent center they might sign could be a stopgap

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sorry for the delay.....we were discussing an Elmgrovegnome post which was referencing March 2022 1yr. in the future.

It was involving a post by @Elmgrovegnome......."I've heard this from Jordan R. and another Rams reporter. They expect the Rams to draft at least three offensive linemen this year."

#1-OT Andrew Whitworth retirement
#2-OT Joseph Noteboom UFA
#3-Interior OL'er Brian Allen UFA
#4-Interior OLer Austin Corbett UFA
#5-Center Coleman Shelton UFA
#6-OG Jamil Demby RFA

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
#1-OT Andrew Whitworth retirement
#2-OT Joseph Noteboom UFA
#3-Interior OL'er Brian Allen UFA
#4-Interior OLer Austin Corbett UFA
#5-Center Coleman Shelton UFA
#6-OG Jamil Demby RFA
Only two of those guys are any good. That list, IMO, demonstrates in part why we have a new OL coach.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'm thinking that, for the C position, I've heard Matt Stafford is great at calling his own Line protections -- mebbe we draft a big stud kid this time? and Matt can train him up??

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
LOL.
No one on this forum has been speaking up for Brewer so much as me over these last two years, so it won't be necessary for you to worry over my sleep. As for Noteboom, I had recommended him as being first up to replace Havenstein at RT in the event he were to become a CAP casualty, and I want to see Noteboom get more work this season so the Rams can make a better evaluation as he is also due to enter free agency following 2021. jmo.
I'm not ready to give up on Noteboom either.
He's nowhere near Whit, but also nowhere as bad as J.Smith or Grob were either.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LOL.

Solid opinion. I like the depth with The Rams OLine has & can’t wait to see what McSnead does these next 2 weeks.We’ll both have better opinions.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm thinking that, for the C position, I've heard Matt Stafford is great at calling his own Line protections -- mebbe we draft a big stud kid this time? and Matt can train him up??

Doesn’t look like that will happen.Mcvay says he wants to build from what he had with John Sullivan.That is why Austin Blythe makes sense. Then again it could be
a guy like Brian Allen ? I say that only because he was the one The Rams trusted after Sullivan.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not ready to give up on Noteboom either.
He's nowhere near Whit, but also nowhere as bad as J.Smith or Grob were either.

The thing about Boom is his salary cap price,plus he is still ascending.Depending on how 2021 season goes The Rams will have a better idea & could lock him up for the future sooner than later ? There is a lot of FA OLineman. Havenstien was coming off an injury & The Rams signed him ? Just saying it isn’t going to surprise me if or when it happens.