Rams Cuts Begin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Quick Summary:

About 5 thread pages about Anchrum being cut because he was not at practice but he was not cut.

The roster stands at 53 but that does not include Hekker or Shelton who are on a COVID-list.

When they come-off that list, two players have to be released or placed on Injured Reserve. Sounds like Okoronkwo and Anchrum may go on IR, with an expectation they can return during the Season (unlimited IR returns this year ... believe a player must miss three games).

For me, biggest surprises were Lawler and Earnest Brown (but I am glad both Jonah Williams and Hoecht made it ... really like both).

For me, biggest disappointments were Kiser and Brewer; plus Xavier Jones (serious injury).

Also surprised only 4 CBs but 6 Safeties. However, I think they view Burgess as a hybrid CB/S/Slot.

Several of the above cuts can return as Practice Squad players. Hoping the list includes Lawler, Brown, Brewer, Trishton Jackson, Koski, Rozeboom, Orr, Banks and Meredith.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Evans is a vested veteran so he won't have to go thru waivers. I think Anchrum would clear waivers because he's not ready to play and waiver claims must be added to the 53 roster.
I thought Vested Veterans had to have 4 yrs accrued service? Hasn't Evans only got 3 years in?

EDIT: Sorry River, just saw your post after adding mine. Great minds though hey.....
I thought 4 years was the requirement to be 'vested', ... Evans only has 2 years served. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's also the kind of player you can use in a Taysom Hill role, to offer a running threat every now and then, and give defenses something else to prepare for.
With that avatar I thought you were OS for a second there. :laugh1:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I have to think they are trying to claim Gore off waivers. Doubt they'll get him but never know.
If not , I am highly in favor of bringing in a vet like Adrian Peterson.
This is a very young RB room and IMO, they could use a veteran presence, leadership.
As of last year Peterson was still producing on a very bad Lions team.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I highly doubt both Hughes and Reed are still in the safety room one week from today. Seems the prime spot to cut to add a RB

JYB

Starter
With that avatar I thought you were OS for a second there. :laugh1:
I've been "Jack Youngblood" on various boards since the mid 90s, using several pics of the legend as an avatar. Maybe I need a new one here to differentiate myself. :thinking:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vested Veterans
"Vested Veterans" sounds so cryptic. I feel like that whole thing blindsided me. A truck out of nowhere that T-Bones you on a left hand turn kind of thing. By all that I mean the term and clearing waivers.

Maybe I've been ignoring it. Or I've been under a rock or something. But either way I'm gonna play the old age card. :woozy2:

If not , I am highly in favor of bringing in a vet like Adrian Peterson.
This is a very young RB room and IMO, they could use a veteran presence, leadership.
As of last year Peterson was still producing on a very bad Lions team.
I mean it would be worthwhile for @Memento's reaction alone. :party2:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been "Jack Youngblood" on various boards since the mid 90s, using several pics of the legend as an avatar. Maybe I need a new one here to differentiate myself. :thinking:
No just give it happy sparkles or something to pay homage to @OldSchool. :hug:

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Campbell: "No Jared get back out there man."
Jared: "It's 4th and 25."
Campbell: "We're gonna let you try a 52 yarder."
Jared: Ok, at least it's not a WR screen play!!

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Perkins was playing behind a scrub OL with no 1st team receiving talent…elusiveness buys time in the NFL for off schedule plays…I’m good with the decision to work with him.

what you talkin bout lewis? - tutu

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I could honestly see Stafford staying beyond his current contract though. Win a few playoff games become a hero in LA like his best friend and it might just be a 2nd home for him and his family.

I would hope that being on a winning team will re-light his fire and want him to stick around longer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. Just realized I'm doing bong tokes and posting. But I didn't inhale. Or I can't remember.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank you for the correction. I am bad with that shit.

Evans might well get an offer from some team due to his draft status. But I'm ok with that.

brad pitt smoking GIF

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Perkins will be worked into some read option type plays this year.

And with the number switch, we can try to sneak him in the game under the pretense of him being a RB and then having Stafford go out wide

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not even remotely close. None of them had the Funk injury history, Hendo hadn't developed the injuries yet.
Gurley was coming off injury and there were many questions about him. Henderson’s Henderson.
I’m not saying they should go with 3 all year, just saying it was fine to start with. You can always add a back for that 4th spot easily.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I highly doubt both Hughes and Reed are still in the safety room one week from today. Seems the prime spot to cut to add a RB
I could see some roster-tweaking.

Two guys have to go once Hekker and Shelton come-off the COVID-list but I think those moves could be Okoronkwo and Anchrum to short-term-IR.

I am hoping for a fourth RB.

Jordan Howard was released by the Eagles. I was thinking about him before the Michel-deal. Also like some young RBs that were released, including Pooka Williams and Derrick Gore. If interested, the Rams may well need to carry them on the 53. Could see one of the six safeties being sacrificed for the roster-spot.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I mean it would be worthwhile for @Memento's reaction alone. :party2:
fuck no GIF

Running Away Honey Badger GIF

No Way Friday GIF

Austin Powers No GIF

...I have an unlimited amount of GIFs, none of which will adequately express how much I fucking loathe the idea of Adrian Peterson suiting up in blue and gold.