Rams Cuts Begin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I just don't get this move. Keeping a 3rd QB and 6 safeties? Reed and Hughes both over Lawler? I mean we have huge question marks at OLB, and with Obo and Lewis both nursing injuries I dont agree with this move. Lawler looked great in the preseason and is finally healthy. So weird to me.
He tailed off after week one.

It worked against him that he is in the last yr of his contract, always hurt, and he is 5th on the depth chart.

They are likely thinking they can re-sign him after putting Obo on the IR. And if not, likely some other options out there on the waiver wire that might be of equal value or have better upside and maybe not in their last yr.

Lawler is what he is, likely not much room to get better.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This has been fun.

I just realized that I have been on the Forum much of the day following roster moves, and not once have I checked for up-dates on the Boobies and Booty threads in Off Topic.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I like what they did. I was hoping they would keep Hoecht & Williams on the DL.

Glad they kept AJ Jackson on the OL.

Figured they would go 4 CBs & 6 Safeties.

And knew it was either Kiser or Howard, but not both.

Only surprise was 3rd QB abd no X.Jones, but sounds like he is hurt. So can likely keep him.

The Eagles released Jordan Howard, but plan to resign him after final cutdown since he doesn't go through waivers. Had a good camp supposedly.

I would swoop in and grab him for our short yardage back. Why would he pass on signing here in favor of the Eagles?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No just give it happy sparkles or something to pay homage to @OldSchool. :hug:
hahaha I've had to look a few times to see if one of his posts was mine :D I have a few thousand posts with this avatar though and it's hard to change after all this time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley was coming off injury and there were many questions about him. Henderson’s Henderson.
I’m not saying they should go with 3 all year, just saying it was fine to start with. You can always add a back for that 4th spot easily.
As I said adding a back later off the PS would require dropping somebody off the 53 man roster. We now know finally that Jones' injury in Denver was serious and it may change things. We didn't know he'd be out so not having him on the active roster was a big question. We'll see if they add a back before week 1 though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's also the kind of player you can use in a Taysom Hill role, to offer a running threat every now and then, and give defenses something else to prepare for.

They say Kyle Shanahan plans to do that with Trey Lance.

McVay to go jab to jab. :D

TexasRam

Legend
Quick Summary:

About 5 thread pages about Anchrum being cut because he was not at practice but he was not cut.

The roster stands at 53 but that does not include Hekker or Shelton who are on a COVID-list.

When they come-off that list, two players have to be released or placed on Injured Reserve. Sounds like Okoronkwo and Anchrum may go on IR, with an expectation they can return during the Season (unlimited IR returns this year ... believe a player must miss three games).

For me, biggest surprises were Lawler and Earnest Brown (but I am glad both Jonah Williams and Hoecht made it ... really like both).

For me, biggest disappointments were Kiser and Brewer; plus Xavier Jones (serious injury).

Also surprised only 4 CBs but 6 Safeties. However, I think they view Burgess as a hybrid CB/S/Slot.

Several of the above cuts can return as Practice Squad players. Hoping the list includes Lawler, Brown, Brewer, Trishton Jackson, Koski, Rozeboom, Orr, Banks and Meredith.
Brewer was beat relentlessly in preseason and was our worst Olineman. This shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Why not :D He's never had a FB on the Rams I'm sure when he wants more speed is the perfect time to add a FB.

I'm OK with the sarcasm.
The Rams have a questionable blocking ability at RB, although Sony may improve that situation somewhat, but I'm just as concerned about our IOL's blocking, and which TE steps-in to help, and how effective we can expect him to be. jmo.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Would you be OK with a FB/HB ?
Who's on your mind?
I'm looking for another young & hungry back who can take a beating and dish it out. Depth behind our one two punch of Hendo & Sony. I'm not very excited over The Funk. He deserves some time to develop but i just don't see anything special.

I like Gore but there's no way he's available when the Rams start looking around.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Who's on your mind?
I'm looking for another young & hungry back who can take a beating and dish it out. Depth behind our one two punch of Hendo & Sony. I'm not very excited over The Funk. He deserves some time to develop but i just don't see anything special.

I like Gore but there's no way he's available when the Rams start looking around.

Damarea Crockett. The Broncos cut him, and we saw what he could do against us.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Glad they kept AJ Jackson on the OL.
This shows that Snead continues with what he said when he first became a GM here for the Rams back in 2012. He has & continues to prioritize the Left Tackle position. He currently has 3 LT's on his roster & only two OG's. Not sure what he thinks Bobby Evans is.