Rams ban Dickerson from sideline privileges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
I think Fisher needs to go but.... I'm with him on this one.

I'm supposed to let some guy roam my sideline who is talking shit about me?

Yeaaahh I don't think so.

Bruce2980

Starter
I think Fisher needs to go but.... I'm with him on this one.

I'm supposed to let some guy roam my sideline who is talking crap about me?

Yeaaahh I don't think so.
ED wasn't talking shit. He wasn't saying anything that everyone else was not already saying. He gets paid to give an analysis and was asked for one for the Rams, and he gave an honest one, he didn't lie. Fisher's skin is too thin.

Ellard80

Legend
ED wasn't talking crap. He wasn't saying anything that everyone else was not already saying. He gets paid to give an analysis and was asked for one for the Rams, and he gave an honest one, he didn't lie. Fisher's skin is too thin.
He can say what he wants for sure... but you think he should be walking your sideline? You don't see any potential drama or distraction? Heck even the reporters after the games in 95% of situations ask softball questions (which I don't like).

People are certainly entitled to their opinions but it doesn't mean I need them in my trench, possibly undermining my command.

Bruce2980

Starter
He can say what he wants for sure... but you think he should be walking your sideline? You don't see any potential drama or distraction? Heck even the reporters after the games in 95% of situations ask softball questions (which I don't like).

People are certainly entitled to their opinions but it doesn't mean I need them in my trench, possibly undermining my command.
Did you watch any of the videos in this thread? Shannon Sharpe and Ray Lewis i.e. were both critical of there teams and they never had to ask for passes, they go on the sidelines whenever they want and eat with the players and even the players they were critical of didn't care. Sharpe criticizes a player, goes to his locker room and interviews him, the guy in question doesn't ball up in a corner and cry like a little bitch. He's a full grown man doing his job, and he knows Shannon Sharpe is a full grown man doing his job. This isn't kindergarten tit for tat bull shit, except in Fisher's childish world. They didn't take it personal, neither did the coaches or owners. This is only happening to Eric Dickerson, It's because of Fisher, EDIT, EDIT, very few coaches like this man he has a bad reputation as being a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rams-executive-attend-games-jeff-fisher-coach

Eric Dickerson said he recently met with Los Angeles Rams executive vice president of football operations/COO Kevin Demoff about the situation between the Hall of Fame running back and coach Jeff Fisher.

"I had a very good meeting with Kevin Demoff [on Thursday]," Dickerson said Friday on SportsCenter. "We talked for almost three hours, trying to resolve things. ... The conversation went well. I think we got some things resolved. He said, 'You're always part of the organization.'"

Dickerson's meeting came after a public spat with Fisher. Dickerson revealed earlier this week that Fisher, in a phone conversation, essentially told the former Rams star that he didn't want him on the sideline during games because some of his public comments have made players "uncomfortable."

According to Dickerson, Fisher later backtracked in that conversation after Dickerson defended his right to speak out. But Dickerson said he vowed to Fisher that he would never go to a Rams game as long as Fisher is the team's coach.

Dickerson said Friday he hasn't changed his stance, despite the positive meeting with Demoff.

"One thing with me: If I say something, I stand by it," Dickerson said. "I will not go back to the games as long as Jeff Fisher is there. ... I don't have a vendetta against Jeff at all. I give Demoff credit for saying, 'We want to try to get this issue straightened out. We want you to come back. ... You're more than welcome to come back.'

"But no, I won't because I felt like the call to me was a very disrespectful call. It was like I'm a kid and he's putting me on notice."

Ellard80

Legend
Did you watch any of the videos in this thread? Shannon Sharpe and Ray Lewis i.e. were both critical of there teams and they never had to ask for passes, they go on the sidelines whenever they want and eat with the players and even the players they were critical of didn't care. Sharpe criticizes a player, goes to his locker room and interviews him, the guy in question doesn't ball up in a corner and cry like a little bitch. He's a full grown man doing his job, and he knows Shannon Sharpe is a full grown man doing his job. This isn't kindergarten tit for tat bull crap, except in Fisher's childish world. They didn't take it personal, neither did the coaches or owners. This is only happening to Eric Dickerson, It's because of Fisher, EDIT, EDIT, very few coaches like this man he has a bad reputation as being a jerk.

Yeah I did watch it and I didn't agree with them. Skip Bayless.... lol is all I have to say about skip Bayless. Shannon sharpe isn't as bad but I've always found him more hot air then substance. On the radio I was listening and they were laughing at Dickerson.. evidently he wanted 30 sideline passess.

It's funny that some people think Fisher is coming off as the condescending ass here because I totally see it the other way.

Dickerson says publicly. "I won't go to a game as long as Fisher is there." I mean... you think this is behavior of a person acting rightly?

Listen I'm tired of Fisher, but I feel like some of you are getting blinded by how tired you are of Fisher.

Last edited:

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Sideline passes for HOF'ers are not favors. All HOF'ers are given that perk when they are inducted into the HOF. ED is entitled to his own pass plus 3 others for life and to any NFL team he chooses not just the Rams. I think Fisher is totally in the wrong if he tried to withhold those. But on the other hand if ED is asking for passes beyond that then I don't have a problem if Fisher denied ED the extra access.

Ellard80

Legend
Sideline passes for HOF'ers are not favors. All HOF'ers are given that perk when they are inducted into the HOF. ED is entitled to his own pass plus 3 others for life and to any NFL team he chooses not just the Rams. I think Fisher is totally in the wrong if he tried to withhold those. But on the other hand if ED is asking for passes beyond that then I don't have a problem if Fisher denied ED the extra access.

I'm not sure of how factual.. but I heard 30 sideline VIPS

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
As a one time thing, it's not absurd. Corporate VIPS do that stuff all the time. The Rams or any NFL team just have to limit the number of total people on the sideline at any given time.

I honestly have no basis for knowing if 30 is an unreasonable request.

Here's what it seems like: It doesn't seem so. Fisher didn't have a problem with the number. He had a problem giving ED the passes while ED was being critical of the team. So, apparently, the number wasn't the issue because if ED hadn't been critical, the passes would have been approved.

That's what it seems like.

Bruce2980

Starter
Yeah I did watch it and I didn't agree with them. Skip Bayless.... lol is all I have to say about skip Bayless. Shannon sharpe isn't as bad but I've always found him more hot air then substance. On the radio I was listening and they were laughing at Dickerson.. evidently he wanted 30 sideline passess.

It's funny that some people think Fisher is coming off as the condescending ass here because I totally see it the other way.

Dickerson says publicly. "I won't go to a game as long as Fisher is there." I mean... you think this is behavior of a person acting rightly?

Listen I'm tired of Fisher, but I feel like some of you are getting blinded by how tired you are of Fisher.
So Kurt Warner was critical of the Rams offense on Phoenix sports radio three weeks ago. Are you saying that Fisher can call this guy and tell him no cookies for you buddy, if Warner asks for sideline passes? Or is this just for ED? What if someone asks Issac Bruce to compare this Rams offense to the GSOT, and Bruce says something that Fisher finds offensive? Sideline of limits for any former Ram that doesn't spray the praise for Fisher?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No sir, I watch the rams because I'm a rams fan , I try to remain interested for the whole 16 game season , but they are hard to watch some days especially when the weather is beautiful . Eric Dickinson Isa hall of fame ram ! always has a special place in my heart. I wonder why any ram fan wouldn't want him around. maybe it's just me. I don't know !

If he's being a dickhead I wouldn't want him around either. Especially if he is being a dickhead and trashing players and coaches then asking for favors. Fuck that shit.

ED wasn't talking crap. He wasn't saying anything that everyone else was not already saying. He gets paid to give an analysis and was asked for one for the Rams, and he gave an honest one, he didn't lie. Fisher's skin is too thin.

Yeah sorry he was tossing out personal attacks and being rude. He was being semi shock-jock.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! The Rams don't owe Dickerson anything. And by the way he played more games for other teams than he played for the Rams.

So Kurt Warner was critical of the Rams offense on Phoenix sports radio three weeks ago

Good for him. I bet he wasn't an over the top asshole about it though.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I also heard the Kardashians are going to stop production of their show....Wow I guess there can't be too many divas @ once...Reality TV is here.

I hope thats true.

Those are some fake ass humans who are worthless.

Ellard80

Legend
So Kurt Warner was critical of the Rams offense on Phoenix sports radio three weeks ago. Are you saying that Fisher can call this guy and tell him no cookies for you buddy, if Warner asks for sideline passes? Or is this just for ED? What if someone asks Issac Bruce to compare this Rams offense to the GSOT, and Bruce says something that Fisher finds offensive? Sideline of limits for any former Ram that doesn't spray the praise for Fisher?

So they HAVE to let any ex player who asks to be on the sideline be on the sideline, regardless of public conflict?

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
There is a difference in supporting the team and continuously ripping them without giving any thought to why they are struggling. Apparently you don't understand the difference. Whatever, not my problem.

most of us have given thought to why they are struggling and we believe it is fisher not the move.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Did you watch any of the videos in this thread? Shannon Sharpe and Ray Lewis i.e. were both critical of there teams and they never had to ask for passes, they go on the sidelines whenever they want and eat with the players and even the players they were critical of didn't care. Sharpe criticizes a player, goes to his locker room and interviews him, the guy in question doesn't ball up in a corner and cry like a little bitch. He's a full grown man doing his job, and he knows Shannon Sharpe is a full grown man doing his job. This isn't kindergarten tit for tat bull crap, except in Fisher's childish world. They didn't take it personal, neither did the coaches or owners. This is only happening to Eric Dickerson, It's because of Fisher, EDIT, EDIT, very few coaches like this man he has a bad reputation as being a jerk.

LMAO. Tell us how you REALLY feel next time, my dude. (y)

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
What I don't get is how the organization is TRYING to make the team out to be like the Lakers of football , showing celebs on the big screen during home games and giving them sideline passes. These celebs typically have ZERO stock invested in the team (See Snoop Dogg) Yet, ED, who has a genuine passion and love for the team.... was the ambassador for the move from StL... is given a spank on the bottom for not sucking up to Fisher and the team despite the shit product being displayed on the field. Really?
Fisher is coming off as the kid who loses the game and takes his ball and goes home cuz he can't handle it. GTFOH with that kid shit.