Rams Back up QB 2023

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great opportunity for White. Also not too expensive for Miami to give themselves another option for Tua, who I think is just too limited.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If White is getting 2 years, 18 mill, what is Mayfield going to get?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
For some reason, I won't be all that surprised if the Rams go with Wolford & Perkins for one final season. They are both extremely cheap as an RFA and ERFA, and the Rams don't really appear to be seeking out costly free agent QB's at the moment. They could still draft someone, but will anyone worthy fall to them. With all the current needs on our team, a QB still feels like a distant luxury, although I hope I'm wrong.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams are primed to go rookie backup option, or something cheap.

Mike White never an option at those numbers.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
For some reason, I won't be all that surprised if the Rams go with Wolford & Perkins for one final season. They are both extremely cheap as an RFA and ERFA, and the Rams don't really appear to be seeking out costly free agent QB's at the moment. They could still draft someone, but will anyone worthy fall to them. With all the current needs on our team, a QB still feels like a distant luxury, although I hope I'm wrong.
Please don't even speak those words into existence.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Taylor Heinicke to the Falcons.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, we'll find out in the next 24 hours if they will go that route. From what I can tell, the RFA tender for Wolford would cost about 2.6 mill, The ERFA tender would cost about 1 mill for Perk
I could see them exercising it on Perkins and drafting a QB

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well, we'll find out in the next 24 hours if they will go that route. From what I can tell, the RFA tender for Wolford would cost about 2.6 mill, The ERFA tender would cost about 1 mill for Perk
I'm sure Wolford is a great guy and terrific team mate. But please, no. No more Wolford.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

That makes sense to me. It may be unpopular, but I'd love to plan for the future by drafting Tanner McKee with our #36 pick of the 2'nd round. McVay would have a new toy and we'll be able to prepare for a future when Stafford is no longer playing. If N.E. cuts Brian Hoyer as some are expecting, both he & Stafford would be great mentors for McKee imo. Stafford as QB1, Hoyer as QB2 & McKee as QB 3 while Perkins is cut or hits the Practice Squad. jmo.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It may be unpopular, but I'd love to plan for the future by drafting Tanner McKee with our #36 pick of the 2'nd round.
I hope they draft somebody at QB. McKee would be a good choice. Too high? Tune, Duggan or O'Connell are other options. But we know McVay and his love for QBs his size......"with the 167th pick in the 2023 draft, the Rams select Jaren Hall, QB, BYU". :laugh4:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I hope they draft somebody at QB. McKee would be a good choice. Too high? Tune, Duggan or O'Connell are other options. But we know McVay and his love for QBs his size......"with the 167th pick in the 2023 draft, the Rams select Jaren Hall, QB, BYU". :laugh4:

McKee should at least be available where we draft, those lesser QB's (imo) will be a real crapshoot landing in a spot where they're still available to us. jmo.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I know that @oldnotdead keeps insisting that the Rams will invest significant $ to keep Mayfield as a backup, but I'd be absolutely shocked if they do that. Rams have a ton of holes on the roster now and extremely limited cap space. Hard for me to understand the wisdom of investing $ in Baker.

And just my personal opinion, but Baker didn't show me enough to prove he could legitimately be "the guy" if something happened to Stafford.

I'm predicting that the Rams save $ by using one of their picks on a backup QB.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I know that @oldnotdead keeps insisting that the Rams will invest significant $ to keep Mayfield as a backup, but I'd be absolutely shocked if they do that. Rams have a ton of holes on the roster now and extremely limited cap space. Hard for me to understand the wisdom of investing $ in Baker.

And just my personal opinion, but Baker didn't show me enough to prove he could legitimately be "the guy" if something happened to Stafford.

I'm predicting that the Rams save $ by using one of their picks on a backup QB.
I want Aiden O'Connell. Looks like he has a shot to be a solid starter.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I want Aiden O'Connell. Looks like he has a shot to be a solid starter.
Funny - he looks like Edney’s Older smaller brother. End of June-early July he will be a Top 5 prospect in the NBA.