Rams Back up QB 2023

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not if we look at this rebuild as a two year process, not one.
There is no 2 year process, its about trying to win 1 more before the core is dismantled.
As for Stafford, replacing him in 2025 is possible but worst case scenario.
I get it that the Rams havent been financially prudent in the past but there's just no way they would allow the guarantees to kick in unless they were absolutely certain Stafford will return to form in 23/24.
So while an upgrade to QB2 is needed, it will be on a budget

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
this is a bit of circular logic.
Spending significant cap space on what the top backup will cost will prevent the Rams from investing in the o-line
They really backed themselves into a wall with the OL. On one hand, if you don't invest in the OL the QB will get killed, on the other hand if you invest in the OL Stafford won't get hurt as much but I still question his health and won't have a legitimate backup.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
the eye test tells me mike white best option.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Mike White would seem to be a good fit or if they draft a QB later, I like Clayton Tune of Houston.
I'm just relieved that McVay is finally moving on from Wolford and Perkins.

I'm sure they're great guys, but there are better options.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm just relieved that McVay is finally moving on from Wolford and Perkins.

I'm sure they're great guys, but there are better options.
If you combined Wolford & Perkins you would have a good backup IMO. I believe he liked Wolford from the neck up & Perkins from the neck down, however, both QB's were limited with their Arms and that's why I want the next backup to not only have the ability to make all the throws, but an extra little juice to throw the deep pass as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think the Bucs are a good choice for Baker. As much as I love Bowles as a DC he's a bit rough as head coach and I don't think he's going to be the guy for the future. So they have a head coach change ahead most likely. If he goes there, then they change the coach who wants a new QB most likely since the old one has the stink of losing on him.

Saints are in the same boat. Allen probably has a year and will be fired.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the Bucs are a good choice for Baker. As much as I love Bowles as a DC he's a bit rough as head coach and I don't think he's going to be the guy for the future. So they have a head coach change ahead most likely. If he goes there, then they change the coach who wants a new QB most likely since the old one has the stink of losing on him.

Saints are in the same boat. Allen probably has a year and will be fired.
While I agree on Bowles not being a coach you'd like to play for, you have to keep in mind that they do have a Decent o-line and Mike Evans and Chris Godwin to throw to. Canales did an amazing job with Geno in Seattle and could offer the same career track in TB.
They will be cash strapped for a bit thanks to the "former QB", but there are some pretty nice components