Rams at Dolphins vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRams86

The Infamous
No thanks on Dak...who is not available to play, btw.
Well aware that he’s out for the season, we’re speaking theoretical anyway.

He's also out for the season and may not be be the same QB when he gets back. That's a short term solution.
Again, I know that he’s out for the season and no one knows how he’ll look when he gets back. I agree that the offense should be playing to their strengths but we’ve seen instances, like today, when that just isn’t what’s happening. And we can try to guess why: play calling, Goff’s deficiencies, both. The poster I quoted was asking if Goff would be better off in a different system, to which I posed a theoretical situation where we could have Prescott in our system. He has qualities that Goff appears to lack that I believe would benefit our offense - especially his ability to read defenses and change the play at the LOS. Again this is all theoretical and for discussion...this is a discussion forum after all.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sometimes I wonder if Goff wouldn’t be better in a different system?

He’s asked to do things other QB’s are not.

This is a RB friendly offense and the QB plays under center most of the time...all the play fakes, misdirection.

I still don’t think McVay has figured out attacking the 6 man front.
What's he asked to do that others aren't though? Mcvay seems to have a pretty friendly system.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There wasn't anything to argue about last week
It isn't even about arguing, you can get in there and celebrate and compare notes with people after a win just as you can a loss. The true telling thing about some posters is they don't participate in the celebration thread but they sure as hell are in a vent thread a lot :D

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
Well aware that he’s out for the season, we’re speaking theoretical anyway.

Again, I know that he’s out for the season and no one knows how he’ll look when he gets back. I agree that the offense should be playing to their strengths but we’ve seen instances, like today, when that just isn’t what’s happening. And we can try to guess why: play calling, Goff’s deficiencies, both. The poster I quoted was asking if Goff would be better off in a different system, to which I posed a theoretical situation where we could have Prescott in our system. He has qualities that Goff appears to lack that I believe would benefit our offense - especially his ability to read defenses and change the play at the LOS. Again this is all theoretical and for discussion...this is a discussion forum after all.

Changing the play at the LOS or reading coverages wasn't the problem today. It was pretty clear when they had man coverage and 6 guys on the LOS. The dolphins weren't disguising anything.

The only thing that would have saved this game plan would be mobility and having the QB juke free rushers. But, IMHO, unless you're Russell Wilson, that a perfect recipe for eventually getting your QB hurt. We saw a good game plan against pressure in week 1. Rollouts, RPOs, TE screens, WR screens, pre-snap motion. Not sure why we didn't get that today. I doubt Goff has a way to audible into that from a 5 wide set.

HellRam

Starter
Sometimes I wonder if Goff wouldn’t be better in a different system?

He’s asked to do things other QB’s are not.

This is a RB friendly offense and the QB plays under center most of the time...all the play fakes, misdirection.

I still don’t think McVay has figured out attacking the 6 man front.

I've wondered the same myself. As someone who's followed Goff since CAL. McVay's offense is not built around what Goff excelled at in college.

You are right about the 6 man fronts as well.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
at least we won't be last in the division, that spot belongs to 9erds

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
What I hated about the game was the constant Tua love fest by Fox.....OMG he didn't do shit.

The color commentator was awful. It's like he knew nothing about the Rams except for hearsay.

"Look for Cooper Kupp on this 3rd down"
10 yard gain for Woods

"Look for Cooper Kupp in the endzone"
Robert Woods TD on the jet sweep

"Tua throws a pass into the dirt"
Tua was known for his accuracy in college

It was just bad all around. That guy's analysis was trash. Perfect example of being right for the wrong reasons.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Changing the play at the LOS or reading coverages wasn't the problem today. It was pretty clear when they had man coverage and 6 guys on the LOS. The dolphins weren't disguising anything.

The only thing that would have saved this game plan would be mobility and having the QB juke free rushers. But, IMHO, unless you're Russell Wilson, that a perfect recipe for eventually getting your QB hurt. We saw a good game plan against pressure in week 1. Rollouts, RPOs, TE screens, WR screens, pre-snap motion. Not sure why we didn't get that today. I doubt Goff has a way to audible into that from a 5 wide set.
What would have saved the game plan was Goff not turning the ball over. And you know how you beat a cover zero? Your QB making the throws which will result in big plays and backing them off.

Truth is they got in Goff's head. He was rattled and didn't get his rhythm until late in the game and almost brought us back. Part of it was Flores and his scheme. Part was McVay not going back to a run game that was very effective. And part of it was terrible special teams play. But the biggest part is our QB was not up to snuff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eh, I think this view takes the commentary from the broadcast too seriously. That color commentator was awful. We did not run many screens into obvious pressure in the first half.
I wasn't referring to the commentators. I turned that clown off after the first quarter. I was referring to what we see in every gameday thread where there's an obsession on play calls. It's a fan thing.

But again the truth is in the middle. Sometimes the players matter too. And ours today were definitely sharing that blame in the loss.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It isn't even about arguing, you can get in there and celebrate and compare notes with people after a win just as you can a loss. The true telling thing about some posters is they don't participate in the celebration thread but they sure as hell are in a vent thread a lot :D
Lol I get that. But what I'm saying is, people don't have anything to compare when we win. It's just glorious! But when we lose, was it the offense? Play calling? Just Goff? Just Mcvay? Many things to debate. People are happy reveling in the glory of a win and they need to vent when they lose. It's the sign or a good fan just as much as being a participant in happy threads.

I do this a lot myself. When we win, I come in, comment my bliss and go on my way. When we lose I need to analyze what I hated and compare with other posts.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bengals beat the Titans today. You just never know when a weird game is going the rear its ugly head. I just hope the Seachickens are worn out when we play them in 2 weeks.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams had nearly 500 yards of total offense to the Dolphin’s 150 yards. Wow.

9 times out of 10 this is not only a win but a blow out.

Such a weird freaking loss.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember the good old days when Kurt would make teams pay dearly if they dared to blitz.

Why don't these Rams have outlets to beat the blitz?

Rams77

Starter
We sweep Seattle with their swiss cheese defense and these bad losses are forgotten.

Two of our losses are to non-conference opponents.

Still time to turn things around.
Dont look now but that Seattle team is playing pretty damn good against the Whiners and blitzing and getting home. Jimmy G was benched. McVay and Goff better study hard these next 2 weeks

TXRams86

The Infamous

Remember the good old days when Kurt would make teams pay dearly if they dared to blitz.

We can all speculate but the truth is none of us know. We’re all left scratching our heads and wondering.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams had nearly 500 yards of total offense to the Dolphin’s 150 yards. Wow.

9 times out of 10 this is not only a win but a blow out.

Such a weird freaking loss.

The phins didn't need to do anything on offense.

80 yard fumble return for td.

70 yard punt return for a td.

Fumble return to the 1 yard line. TD next play.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The million dollar question. My only guess is that Goff doesn't see where and when it's coming

Status
Not open for further replies.