Rams 53 Man Roster 2022 / Official Cut Down Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DLux27

Rookie
I think Hummel stays till Howard is healthy. Also Garrett will possibly be brought back if he clears wiavers after moving Hardy to an injury list.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Being a FB/TE, perhaps Carter may have an opportunity to make it back to us as his skill set isn't always a top priority for many teams. At least I hope so ...

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I think it's for practices. More QBs allows more players to get reps, and maybe Stafford gets some rest days for his elbow.

Also, my theory is that they use Perkins to practice and game plan for mobile quarterbacks.
If they need someone for practices, they can use a QB from the practice squad. No need to tie up 2 roster spots.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think it's for practices. More QBs allows more players to get reps, and maybe Stafford gets some rest days for his elbow.

Also, my theory is that they use Perkins to practice and game plan for mobile quarterbacks.
He could do that from practice squad.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If they need someone for practices, they can use a QB from the practice squad. No need to tie up 2 roster spots.
But that’s the crux.

They would love to roster 2.. but it’s not clear that the 2 backups would make it thru waivers.. and they like practicing against Perkins to prep for Murray & other mobile QBs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I mentioned this before…if Wolford was waived would any team really pick him up? He’s got some serious physical limitations. He could slip to the practice squad. The only threat could be O’Connell wanting him to help teach the offense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I mentioned this before…if Wolford was waived would any team really pick him up? He’s got some serious physical limitations. He could slip to the practice squad. The only threat could be O’Connell wanting him to help teach the offense.
Perkins is MUCH more limited.

Not an NFL arm.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Perkins is MUCH more limited.

Not an NFL arm.
Wolford has a better arm but is too short to be a pocket passer and runs with his head down. He could have been paralyzed against Arizona. From what I’ve seen in preseason he still doesn’t slide feet first.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
But he can run. Still wonder if they put him into the backfield with Stafford if Stafford threw to Perkins and then a RO was done.
He can run.. but can he take repeated hits from first-string defenses? It would be an experiment. Is he gonna be a gunner on special teams? A returner?
I don't see any value from him outside of being a backup QB and he's a backup QB without an NFL arm.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Wolford has a better arm but is too short to be a pocket passer and runs with his head down. He could have been paralyzed against Arizona. From what I’ve seen in preseason he still doesn’t slide feet first.
He's still a much, much, much better passer from the pocket than Perkins and the Rams can run their actual offense with him.

Perkins? Nope. You could see last week they were trying to have him run the regular offense a little more and it was pure shit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at the names so far makes me think they elected to keep more OL. Hope Evans is not on that list.
You'll never get rid of me! I'm the Jimmy G of Olinemen!~ Bobby Evans

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know. The Lions cut both back up QB's because they thought they sucked. We think Wolfy and Perkins suck, One man's trash is another's treasure, some times...

oldnotdead

Legend
McCutcheon made Harris expendable, particularly with the rise of Tutu.

McCutcheon also fills the slot for the need of a player who can play all three WR positions while OBJ can't.

Garrett has shown he's too injury prone. Hardy probably goes on IR designated to return. Hardy is better than Garrett who probably goes to the PS.