Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
giphy.gif

We will never know why he fired Fassel but I suspect it had to do with that fake punt call that McVay didn't know about. He was pissed.
He was FIRED ? I mean it was obvious about what was going on with The Rams after 2019.
I also suspect a lot of the same at the End of 2022. It would be funny to hear Mcvay’s side of it all though.

—I’m sure at the end of 2021(22) Mcvay would say he was glad he had Coach Joe D” as his special teams guy.

To think before I post ? I’d say from what I saw coach Joe D’ needed to go.He brought what he brought & Mcvay is that much of a BETTER coach since Bones has been gone & knows what he wants.
All those Special Teams coaches were old & had a lot of experience.Bones just needed to go & there was a lot more than 1 play(last of 2019) that sent a coach packing.

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1214714357206147073

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is a good article on the emotions at the time.I’ll continue to say The Rams are better off without Bones.

There comes a time for change. The 1 thing I know is The NFL has changed a lot over The last few seasons on special teams.

I also will say I LOVED watching Bones coach The Rams on special teams. If any Ram Fan was lucky enough to see him then was Real Cool!
That’s also why I’d say Sean Mcvay should do like Coach’Dean suggestion of a younger coach.The Rams need that RAW RAW guy & coach that Brings ENERGY to practice each day.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will take a shot at a few predictions on the staff:

OL Coach....Austin King (Bears)....Been the only one interviewed that we know of and the fact he's a former player and draft choice might endure him to McVay.

Special Teams....Ben Kotwica (Vikings)...Assistant special teams coach with a ton of experience including with Washington from 2014-2018.

TE Coach...Justin Outten...He's in the mix for Raven OC, however, I believe when the dust settles he'll be the TE Coach under Sean McVay.

Secondary Coach....I believe the Rams will go back to two coaches in the secondary with a Safety & CB coach, not sure whom and there are some experienced secondary coaches out there in Joe Woods & Kris Richard, however, I see Woods becoming DC in New Orleans & Kris Richard joining Payton's staff in Denver.

I'm also hoping when Morris comes back he's given a Senior Defensive title along with Assistant Head Coach and Eric Henderson is named the new Defensive Coordinator.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm also hoping when Morris comes back he's given a Senior Defensive title along with Assistant Head Coach and Eric Henderson is named the new Defensive Coordinator.
If they were demoting Morris, why not just let him go then? Similar to Dallas with Kellen Moore, leaving him free to look elsewhere

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If they were demoting Morris, why not just let him go then? Similar to Dallas with Kellen Moore, leaving him free to look elsewhere
IDK looking for a way to put Henderson in a Coordinator role. Again I have a feeling the Colts will hire Shane Steichen unless Steichen blows the interview and they pivot to Morris this week.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK looking for a way to put Henderson in a Coordinator role. Again I have a feeling the Colts will hire Shane Steichen unless Steichen blows the interview and they pivot to Morris this week.
If he is the guy, the Rams could still part ways with Morris after the Colts decision. Frankly it could go exactly the way you suggested. McVay out of respect for Morris holds off on the official move until Colts decide. Colts name Steichen and the Rams sell the Asst HC move as a good thing despite everyone knowing the real truth...
I like Morris, I think he's done a decent job. I have defended him vigorously only to oppose the idea that he isnt good, but decent may not be good enough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Raise your hand if you want to be the Rams next ST coach…

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF
Right?
The Rams have drafted well with mostly late rd picks but these are also the guys who the ST coach has to work with(the leftovers). Our depth beyond 2nd string is going to be questionable at best.

Tough job here IMO.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
That and with the offer from Dallas, they just agreed to mutually part ways. Overall, McVay retained Fassel, so maybe he just wanted someone else and maybe Fassel really wanted the Dallas job and McVay felt if he wanted to leave, that was fine.

Be interested to see where McVay goes this time, I expect somebody from college to an assistant ST Coach somewhere because of the last two although DeCamillis did improve things over John Letgoofmyego.
Yeah I don't remember Fassel being fired--I thought he left.

oldnotdead

Legend
Evero is available NOW. I've been saying this a long time. Evero for DC. Pomote Morris to Defensive Assistant then hire Evero as DC the same way they did with Kromer. If Morris gets hired by the Colts the Rams still get their two comp picks. If not then they can fire Morris.

Evero also gives them a follow on for McVay if he retires. Make Evero DC/assistant HC. The important thing is to hire Evero now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Evero is available NOW. I've been saying this a long time. Evero for DC. Pomote Morris to Defensive Assistant then hire Evero as DC the same way they did with Kromer. If Morris gets hired by the Colts the Rams still get their two comp picks. If not then they can fire Morris.

Evero also gives them a follow on for McVay if he retires. Make Evero DC/assistant HC. The important thing is to hire Evero now.
Promote him to a demotion? Oh this is brilliant! Then if he doesn't get hired we fire him? Amazing

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I will take a shot at a few predictions on the staff:

OL Coach....Austin King (Bears)....Been the only one interviewed that we know of and the fact he's a former player and draft choice might endure him to McVay.

Special Teams....Ben Kotwica (Vikings)...Assistant special teams coach with a ton of experience including with Washington from 2014-2018.

TE Coach...Justin Outten...He's in the mix for Raven OC, however, I believe when the dust settles he'll be the TE Coach under Sean McVay.

Secondary Coach....I believe the Rams will go back to two coaches in the secondary with a Safety & CB coach, not sure whom and there are some experienced secondary coaches out there in Joe Woods & Kris Richard, however, I see Woods becoming DC in New Orleans & Kris Richard joining Payton's staff in Denver.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis