Raheem to ATL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I never could form an opinion on Morris. I kept flip flopping. Until this year. He proved he is a good DC. He did a great job with very limited assets. Will be a good HC? I don't know. And was he a good enough DC to prefer him to two 3rd round draft picks? No chance. He's replaceable. You could do worse. But you could also do better. And I am cautiously optimistic the Rams brass will actually find an upgrade this off-season.

Lots of fans calling for Staley to return. I'd prefer a differnet direction but could live with that.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Good thoughts. But what happens when some certain someone sees his scheme on 3rd downs?

This ...
1706228321896.png

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
That is a good spot for Rah. He just needs to find his QB. But the division isn’t tough, and that falcons team underperformed big time. Good for him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Tepper does not let Evero go, then Brandon Staley.
I'd promote Henderson over retreading Staley personally. But like we've talked about he doesn't usually promote from within. I'll throw a name out of left field at you :)

Brandon Lynch

He's been DB coach in Cleveland for the last 3 years. He's very young, something we know McVay isn't afraid of, and he's coached under a very good DC for those 3 years.

shake-n-bake

Rookie
I never could form an opinion on Morris. I kept flip flopping. Until this year. He proved he is a good DC. He did a great job with very limited assets. Will be a good HC? I don't know. And was he a good enough DC to prefer him to two 3rd round draft picks? No chance. He's replaceable. You could do worse. But you could also do better. And I am cautiously optimistic the Rams brass will actually find an upgrade this off-season.

Lots of fans calling for Staley to return. I'd prefer a differnet direction but could live with that.
Agreed. Do they know the best Staley has done with the Chargers defense is 30th. And he had a squad with plenty of pro bowlers. Hard pass

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'd promote Henderson over retreading Staley personally. But like we've talked about he doesn't usually promote from within. I'll throw a name out of left field at you :)

Brandon Lynch

He's been DB coach in Cleveland for the last 3 years. He's very young, something we know McVay isn't afraid of, and he's coached under a very good DC for those 3 years.
I don’t think it’s a system McVay is interested, personally.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Brandon Lynch

Didn't Henderson leave for USC? Either way, not a bad name thrown out there from Cleveland. Gotta imagine McVay will look at young up and coming talent from the best defenses in the NFL and college.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Damnit I thought that was a bad dream. Maybe he can get him back :) But yeah I don't think McVay has ever promoted from within so it's a moot point.
Hahaha not worries, I wish we still had him too. I did further comment on your suggestions. It's gonna be interesting to see which way McVay leans for hiring a D coordinator. He hasn't done too bad there so can't wait to see who it is.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Never know. Ryan Wendell's hiring last year might have broke the mold.
?
You mean they changed run scheme?
If so, that had been talked about, pre-22.. and I don’t know if it relates.

Didn’t Cle do almost exclusively 4 man front and a ton of single-high coverage?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wow. This was a bit of a surprise.

I wonder what Bellichick’s options look like now?
Like @Merlin has said, some of the luster has worn off. I mentioned a few reasons why he isn’t a great choice to hire as the head coach on the Black Monday thread.
Right?
Seems like the odd man out at this point.
Maybe he wanted more money and power than ATL were willing to part with.
That could be. Or maybe the thought of bringing his warm comforting personality to the building was just more than they felt worthy of.
Waiting for the thread that will speculate on who McVay will hire as the new Defensive Coordinator.

Pleasant, Lake and even Shula could be in-house candidates
A return of Staley may not be out of the question.
Thinking Evero (I am a huge fan) might remain in Carolina with the hire of an offensive head coach.

I have previously mentioned Jim Leonhard as a personal favorite. Could also see Green Bay having an interest.

Curious about the Ravens' Anthony Weaver, who has a D-Line coaching background that could make him a fit.

Can we all agree ... No thank you Joe Barry?
I bet Barry will be back in some capacity. I pray it’s not as DC.
Staley seems like a no brainer unless he wants out of the LA area or if McVay doubts his ability.
Supposedly he is close to agreeing with Miami. I’d have no problem with his return. He’s very intelligent. I just think he was not ready to be a head coach. He may never fit that position and could be a long term hire for McVay.
I see Staley mentioned here a lot....

no thanks he has been complete ass the last few years.

Wink is an interesting idea .... but his defensive style isn't typically what McVay has incorporated
I like the pressure Wink brings but not his personality. Staley was in over his head as a head coach. He went from linebackers coach to a DC to a head coach in a year. He was predictably not ready.
Agreed. Do they know the best Staley has done with the Chargers defense is 30th. And he had a squad with plenty of pro bowlers. Hard pass
As a defensive coordinator he had the Rams ranked as the top defense, didn’t he?

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Perfect landing spot for Raheem (if not back with the Rams)! Good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.