Raheem to ATL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, let's call it a willful misreading of a comment. What I say is not a good look is complaining and then being proud of ignoring is not a good look. I find it ironic given the meaning of the word.
View attachment 64265
If someone actually disagrees they can do it. I welcome any conversation about this topic. It seems there are some who just want to take cheap shots and then hide.

Right, because the main characteristic of a narcissist is showing some compassion and a sense of fairness for another human being. Maybe you need to review the definition of the word. In the case of Rah it would be the narcissist point of view to attack without regard to any of that. They only care how things affect them such as "Boo hoo, Rah plays soft and it makes me feel bad. What can I do to get even. I know I'll trash him online and do while making up falsehoods. Sniffle. Like that.

Well, on the way out there are some that continue to complain and have done so this very day. But when challenged they don't like it so, I guess, wish to ignore, not understanding the results of ignoring opposing views.

But I do appreciate you for illustrating the mindset I often refer to.

That is true, but if it's Staley or Evero be prepared for their soft zones.

Staley's first game with LAC ... man some of the CBs are deep. I wonder will the complaints be returning if Staley does what he's always done?

View attachment 64252View attachment 64253View attachment 64254View attachment 64255View attachment 64256View attachment 64257View attachment 64258View attachment 64259View attachment 64260View attachment 64261View attachment 64262View attachment 64263View attachment 64264

unimpressed james bond GIF

Yeah - alright !! ?

Not sure if I should Joe Barry my head under the sheets & talk about what I’m seeing in the dark.

Raheem Morris = DC & now HC

Staley = Fired & crazier in game theory than Detroits Dan Campell

Joe Barry = Staley’s boy who went to GB instead & is also Fired.Did they work together in Denver ? W/ Miami’s DC who was also Fired.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thing is I have stated that I like Morris defense on the rest of the plays this year and I am still of the opinion that last year was due to having a poor assistant coaching staff after seeing what Morris implemented this year with having a better assistant coaching staff.

By the way - when I mean more aggressive, I mean on some of those specific plays - blitz, on others - stay back. Mix it up.

And this is just based on my memory that I do not ever recall Morris blitzing on 3rd and 10 to 20.

I could be wrong. My memory isn't perfect. Maybe we did blitz occasionally but I can't remember a time that they did.

Dude - truth about Staley & Raheem is they played towards there personnel. Yes the coaching was better.Shula was or should have never been the DB’s coach in 2022.

Jalen Ramsey played a part of it all though.IMO losing him was a gain for the defense.Whiterspoon was a blessing.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Joe Barry = Staley’s boy who went to GB instead & is also Fired.Did they work together in Denver ? W/ Miami’s DC who was also Fired.
No, Barry didn't work in Denver. Was with Staley just one year. Fangio resigned. Wasn't fired. Though no one knows the back story for sure. Was reported as "mutual" parting. So, could that mean fired? Yes. Could it be he quit? Yes.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
The more success the Rams have, the more coaches they lose. Here's how many coaches the Rams have lost after each season:under McVay:

2017 - 0
2018 - 3
2019 - 3
2020 - 4
2021 - 10 (9 coaches + 1 executive)
2022 - 2
2023 - 5 (so far)

credit: MamaRam

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No, Barry didn't work in Denver. Was with Staley just one year. Fangio resigned. Wasn't fired. Though no one knows the back story for sure. Was reported as "mutual" parting. So, could that mean fired? Yes. Could it be he quit? Yes.
The back story is that Fangio wanted to be closer to his family in Pennsylvania. That’s why he went to the Eagles.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, let's call it a willful misreading of a comment. What I say is not a good look is complaining and then being proud of ignoring is not a good look. I find it ironic given the meaning of the word.
View attachment 64265
If someone actually disagrees they can do it. I welcome any conversation about this topic. It seems there are some who just want to take cheap shots and then hide.

Right, because the main characteristic of a narcissist is showing some compassion and a sense of fairness for another human being. Maybe you need to review the definition of the word. In the case of Rah it would be the narcissist point of view to attack without regard to any of that. They only care how things affect them such as "Boo hoo, Rah plays soft and it makes me feel bad. What can I do to get even. I know I'll trash him online and do while making up falsehoods. Sniffle. Like that.

Well, on the way out there are some that continue to complain and have done so this very day. But when challenged they don't like it so, I guess, wish to ignore, not understanding the results of ignoring opposing views.

But I do appreciate you for illustrating the mindset I often refer to.

That is true, but if it's Staley or Evero be prepared for their soft zones.

Staley's first game with LAC ... man some of the CBs are deep. I wonder will the complaints be returning if Staley does what he's always done?

View attachment 64252View attachment 64253View attachment 64254View attachment 64255View attachment 64256View attachment 64257View attachment 64258View attachment 64259View attachment 64260View attachment 64261View attachment 64262View attachment 64263View attachment 64264

unimpressed james bond GIF
I don’t disagree with what you say about Raheem and the Fangio scheme. I supported Raheem, because he didn’t have the players to effectively execute the offense.

But your posts are exhaustively long and redundant. Honestly, I rarely read them all the way through. Who has that much time in their day? Can you be a bit more succinct?

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Can you be a bit more succinct?
People are so sensitive that I have to qualify and equivocate so as not to offend but also get all the relevant data in. If I didn't do that then people would get the wrong impression, make false accusations, false assumptions and the conversation would go nowhere.

When a topic is controversial and you want to make headway into what the actual answers are it is not a time for brevity. You have to frame the information so as not to let the topic get hijacked or spun. That is how gaslighting happens.

Also, when you don't take the time to build a case but put the cast before the horse as it were then it leads to more frustration and anger along with hurt feelings. When one is succinct with an off-the-cuff remark it can blow up into a whole thing. Now, I try to prevent that.

Also, I feel that people want things to be easy, want a quick fix and and easy answer and life is not like that. Issue can be complex nuanced, and sometimes impossible to get all the answers. Sometimes the answer is "I don't know" and that can frustrate people.

Additionally, the aforementioned accusations can be multi-faceted. They can come fast and furious so they require more verbiage to respond to. That way, a more complete answer can be delivered and also it allows for interjecting new ideas for the inquisitor to chew on, things they may not have thought of -- as almost and aside oran FYI

Oh .... wait, sorry, you wanted a quick answer. Here it is -

No.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
People are so sensitive that I have to qualify and equivocate so as not to offend but also get all the relevant data in. If I didn't do that then people would get the wrong impression, make false accusations, false assumptions and the conversation would go nowhere.

When a topic is controversial and you want to make headway into what the actual answers are it is not a time for brevity. You have to frame the information so as not to let the topic get hijacked or spun. That is how gaslighting happens.

Also, when you don't take the time to build a case but put the cast before the horse as it were then it leads to more frustration and anger along with hurt feelings. When one is succinct with an off-the-cuff remark it can blow up into a whole thing. Now, I try to prevent that.

Also, I feel that people want things to be easy, want a quick fix and and easy answer and life is not like that. Issue can be complex nuanced, and sometimes impossible to get all the answers. Sometimes the answer is "I don't know" and that can frustrate people.

Additionally, the aforementioned accusations can be multi-faceted. They can come fast and furious so they require more verbiage to respond to. That way, a more complete answer can be delivered and also it allows for interjecting new ideas for the inquisitor to chew on, things they may not have thought of -- as almost and aside oran FYI

Oh .... wait, sorry, you wanted a quick answer. Here it is -

No.
It’s not that I don’t like thoroughness in some aspects of my life. Some require it. I love the Rams as a pass time, but I’m not making a career out of it.

It’s not my intention to offend you. But if it’s not directed at me, I pass right over the really long posts.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The back story is that Fangio wanted to be closer to his family in Pennsylvania. That’s why he went to the Eagles.
The back back back story is Fangio has a habit of not letting his coaches present game plans to players and he collects all the prep and presents everything which irked the coaches and the players got tired of hearing him bark everything in his same tone and manner all the time. Fangio also wanted the Eagles job. So mutual parting of ways.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The back back back story is Fangio has a habit of not letting his coaches present game plans to players and he collects all the prep and presents everything which irked the coaches and the players got tired of hearing him bark everything in his same tone and manner all the time. Fangio also wanted the Eagles job. So mutual parting of ways.
I suspect he's happy to be out of Miami. As good as I think McDaniels is schematically I get the feeling he runs a loose ship. Each coach has to find their way in that, on the leadership side, of getting players to take accountability. And defensively I don't think that was the case with them because I look at that roster and feel they should have performed better. Btw Fangio certainly is part of that equation. But I also think we know what he is in that DC role.

Eagles ironically enough probably have at least some of that accountability issue themselves, judging from the way they imploded. If I was in their GM's shoes there's a good chance I would have fired Sirianni given the way that went down. So way I see it there's a reasonable chance they're looking at a HC change next season. But that said there's also a chance that defense has enough players who want to wipe that memory by winning and will be taking the coaching and things might align for them. I do think their GM is fantastic so they'll have a retooled unit on that side I expect.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The more success the Rams have, the more coaches they lose. Here's how many coaches the Rams have lost after each season:under McVay:

2017 - 0
2018 - 3
2019 - 3
2020 - 4
2021 - 10 (9 coaches + 1 executive)
2022 - 2
2023 - 5 (so far)

credit: MamaRam
2017 they lost LaFleur to the Titans

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks ... missed that one --- that may be in 2018? MamaRam did it ... not sure what dates were
LaFleur was in Tennessee in 2018 and went to the packers in 2019
Maybe that’s where she included it

Tano

Legend
Exactly. What does that tell you?

It tells me that blitzing is no panacea. Yes, it's "'gressive" *growls* and makes fans happy, but they fail, too but they succeed some as as well.

But they did what you want ... they mixed it up. And the results, as was proven were a fairly low failure rate (35%).

Recap:
Rams blitzed on 3rd and 10+
Some of those blitzes didn't work the way you wanted to.
Means some of the time they succeeded they rushed only 4.
Also means they mixed it up, like you wanted -- they didn't do the same thing everytime.

All this is, it seems to me, is Rams are not a dominant defense and you wish they were a dominant defense. Everyone wishes their team has a dominant defense. Few get it.

What we got, though, is one good enough to get a ring. That was good enough for me.
Oops I said it wrong - the other team failed 3 out of 4 tries when we blitz in the ones you showed me

That's a good percentage in my mind.

Tano

Legend
Dude - truth about Staley & Raheem is they played towards there personnel. Yes the coaching was better.Shula was or should have never been the DB’s coach in 2022.

Jalen Ramsey played a part of it all though.IMO losing him was a gain for the defense.Whiterspoon was a blessing.
Jalen was extremely good at tackling and I swear he did a much better job when he played man to man

The interception in the seattle game was when he was man to man

Witherspoon got burned a lot last year but he was our best CB last year which isn't saying much.

Morris did a hell of a job this year with the maybe average pieces in the secondary.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
when we blitz
So are going now going to admit Rams blitzed in situations you said you never saw them do it? You aid hey didn't, they did/

Can we agree the Rams did exactly what you wanted? Mix it up? Blitz some, but not always?

That's a good percentage in my mind.
Good? 25% is great. what they are overall 35% is good. Very good.

Your writing style is hard to follow sometimes because sometimes what you say in one post is the opposite of what you said in a previous post.

But I am trying my best to understand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jalen was extremely good at tackling and I swear he did a much better job when he played man to man

The interception in the seattle game was when he was man to man

Witherspoon got burned a lot last year but he was our best CB last year which isn't saying much.

Morris did a hell of a job this year with the maybe average pieces in the secondary.

With Jalen though,you always had to be on the edge.He wasn’t the easiest player to deal with.The Rams did a Great Job with him.Ramsey had a lot to say about the game plan or how they were going to put it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.