Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
FIRE him TONIGHT! No more excuses for him it is 50% of the season is gone.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
You lose to a bad 49ers team for the 5th time and you have added and removed players season after season = All on the coach.

Name
SparkleStick
McVays baby. Offense is doodoo. Its honestly been doodoo since we lost LeFleur and Olsen. The years Goff actually shined when we had those 2. Look where we are now.
Yeah, no. Defense is the culprit. Offense isn't as bad as you're making it seem. They could run the ball more for sure, but the offense isnt terrible. McVay needs to stop being so hard headed and start adjusting.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Yeah, no. Defense is the culprit. Offense isn't as bad as you're making it seem. They could run the ball more for sure, but the offense isnt terrible. McVay needs to stop being so hard headed and start adjusting.
Too late felix where u been? Did you barely become a Rams fan? Maybe you haven’t embraced the suck like the majority of us and seen the bad of this team for the past few decades. You remember a man named Martz?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
LOL. Defense was terrible. But offense is the bigger culprit.

They were equally bad tonight. And they were both hampered by severe coaching malpractice.

But Morris has taken a team that finished #1 in total D last year, one that got lots of timely turnovers, and one that routinely caused opposing teams 3-and-outs and turned them into soft serve ice cream. And that's with a majority of the same guys we had last year. Yes, we lost JJ and Troy Hill, but you can't convince me that their loss has made us THIS much worse. It's on Morris.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Defense shit. Morris overrated.

McVay getting exposed now week after week. He's not a genius. Very good offensive mind, but stubborn and cocky which makes him look average a lot because he's predictable. Teams have figured out his uber aggressive pass happy tendencies.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The defensive scheme is not as aggressive as Staley's defense. We used to man up and let the pass rushers get after the QB in 3rd and long.

Not sure if anyone noticed but Kittle was given a free release on 3rd downs and they converted to him like 5 times.

Braindead

UDFA
Opponents don't get jammed at the LOS and their WRs get a free release. The middle is wide open and it's almost garanteed they get at least 5 yards on a pass over the middle. It works, when we are 2 scores ahead (bend not break) but this kills us, when we are behind, because opponents can drive the ball down the field at will and take time of the clock.

When you have 3 future HOFs on your defense, you should put up better results against this 49ers team. At least you should know the 2 guys they throw to and (maybe) try to cover them every now and then

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
The laughing stock of the nfl.... again

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Defense isn't the issue. Offense is. If the offense can control the clock and put points up the defense will be just fine.

Agree - 2 to 1 on time of possession.

Does anyone thinking getting down by 2 touch downs from INT’s & picks sixes doesn’t hurt.

Then when down The Rams offense can’t score. 9 points last week with a give me late. Then this week 7 points & getting shut out is Morris & the defenses fault ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think he knows quarters for shit. Not enough to go against a guy like Shanny.

And if you go soft with two safeties capping the top Shanny will eat your fucking lunch with his interchangeable WR/RB group underneath.

He is definitely gone after the season. I want him gone now but it's hard to do that when McVay is the one who hired a DC who had zero experience with the scheme. Good as McVay is that was a friend hire right there and he's gonna take that shit on the chin and rightly so.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
He'll be gone at the he end of the year hopefully
I hope so but I fear it may be too late by then. Players like Ramsay will not put up with it as evidenced today. He will walk along with Miller etc.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I hope so but I fear it may be too late by then. Players like Ramsay will not put up with it as evidenced today. He will walk along with Miller etc.
McVay is sort of a victim of his own success. Nobody raided Tampa Bay's staff after they won the super bowl but McVay lost like 6-7 coaches after last season, including Brandon Staley after only 1 season.

Morris does need to make some adjustments. You can't have AD, Miller, Floyd and Ramsey and not have a top 10 defense. Just not acceptable IMO.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Too late felix where u been? Did you barely become a Rams fan? Maybe you haven’t embraced the suck like the majority of us and seen the bad of this team for the past few decades. You remember a man named Martz?

Fuck that.

I refuse to "embrace the suck". That shit's for losers. Were you saying that after we beat the Bucs? We've JUST been bad for the last few decades. I suppose you were calling us bad when we went to the Super Bowl? We still have the 2nd most wins since 2017, but I suppose that's suck, right? 2nd is just first place for losers, right?

NAH, fuck all that noise.

We have schematic issues, absolutely, and no guarantee they get fixed prior to Morris being fired in the off-season. That's a fact.

McVay has some figuring out of some things. We don't know if he figured out this game because he game plan got shot to shit with Woods going down and making packages for OBJ.

We are integrating some VERY big pieces and it's gonna take time. Worse, we just lost one of our most KEY pieces on offense and this was AFTER the install. We legit were relying on rookie Skow to fill Robert Woods' shoes. That was terribly unlikely to happen and Skow was very much a rookie tonight.

These moves were not just for this year, so all this "sturm und drang" is missing the point.

Yes, McVay has consistency issues (he's too consistent which allows Ds to plot his tendencies with greater accuracy and effect). That's something that can be worked on and McVay has done very well when confronted with the need to change. Not the greatest at adjusting when we're behind, but pretty solid when it comes to fixing the larger problems.

I know no one's in a great frame of mind, but all this "sky is falling" stuff just ignores the overall reality of the situation. Of course, we've suffered two bad losses in the exact same way.

Now, if we lose to GB in the same fashion after 2 weeks to address this... that'll be a way different story, but we're not there, yet.

Moreover, our next game plan will more organically include OBJ and Von Miller as well as McVay hopefully won't have to fully reconfigure the game plan at the last minute like for tonight's game... (having Skow fill Woods' shoes was never a good enough answer, but the best they had with only a few days)