“Purported Victim Apologizes to Aaron Donald for Falsely Accusing Him.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The police said after viewing all the video there was nothing there to bring up charges against Aaron Donald. That would include all that happened.

Not surprising to learn that there are two sides to a story. Actual facts still matter, and so does due process in any real dispute. But this doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

Admittedly vague accusations and bad conduct by the complainant. A video corroborating AD's account and, according to his lawyer, the police confirming there is no basis to charge him.

Still, I would prefer to hear this as a direct statement from the Pittsburgh police. Then it's officially over.

In that event, unless something new emerges unexpectedly showing bad behavior by AD, I also highly doubt that the NFL would regard anything here as an actionable item. McVay might find this material for a cautionary talk to players about about not being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

There could still be a possible attempt at a civil suit, but for the same reasons this also seems very unlikely to impact AD as a player. Also the NFL would likely not act on the basis of a civil case unless or until a final outcome in the future somehow changed things.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Not surprising to learn that there are two sides to a story. Actual facts still matter, and so does due process in any real dispute. But this doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

Admittedly vague accusations and bad conduct by the complainant. A video corroborating AD's account and, according to his lawyer, the police confirming there is no basis to charge him.

Still, I would prefer to hear this as a direct statement from the Pittsburgh police. Then it's officially over.

In that event, unless something new emerges unexpectedly showing bad behavior by AD, I also highly doubt that the NFL would regard anything here as an actionable item. McVay might find this material for a cautionary talk to players about about not being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

There could still be a possible attempt at a civil suit, but for the same reasons this also seems very unlikely to impact AD as a player. Also the NFL would likely not act on the basis of a civil case unless or until a final outcome in the future somehow changed things.
They did in the video linked a bit ago. Pittsburgh news said police statement says there isn't enough to charge AD with anything.

Ellard80

Legend
The police said after viewing all the video there was nothing there to bring up charges against Aaron Donald. That would include all that happened.

nah.. not neccessarily.

There just isn't any evidence to charge him with anything.. video shows nothing.

Some evidence could arise later... but im thinking hopefully this is over.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
They did in the video linked a bit ago. Pittsburgh news said police statement says there isn't enough to charge AD with anything.

I didn't see that, but if the police have officially stated that no charges will be brought I think this is essentially over. No reason to expect any NFL action that would keep AD out of the Rams' lineup.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
man after watching that vid if i was donald i would be tempted to go get my money worth. joke

oldnotdead

Legend
As I suspected originally, IMO this is a money grab pure and simple. AD has the deepest pockets of anyone in the fight and it's clear from witnesses the plaintiff initiated the fight which is what I heard initially. The video I saw clearly shows AD trying to help the plaintiff while others beat and kick the crap out of him. Case closed because any jury seeing that will say there is no telling who caused his injuries, but it's clear a lot of people didn't like the plaintiff and more than one probably beat the crap out of him.

My grandpa always said guys who can't hold their tequila shouldn't go to bars. They should stay home and drink in front of the TV. This looks like a self-inflicted injury. He went looking for a beating and found it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He brought the salsa from New York City...
6af.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Gives a bit more detail. Not sure if anyone posted this. If ya did, my bad.

so the guy tries to start a fight with ad inside the club, gets thrown out by security and then waits for donald to come out and again tries to start a fight with him. swings a bottle at ad's head and ad's friends decide that's enough and beat the fuck out of this douche.

douches gotta douche.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Let me be one to say that I have absolutely ZERO problem with Donald being out and about having a good time during the off-season. Hell, he might be a frequent partier and just stays low key. He was in the southside of Pittsburgh, his home.

Party on AD!

If it was during season I'd be a little worried, but not know. These players are humans, and not robots. What they do in the off-season and on there own time isn't my business.

MAYBE he wasn't even drinking just a DD or something, who knows.

Anyways, keep doing your thing during YOUR off-season AD!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let me be one to say that I have absolutely ZERO problem with Donald being out and about having a good time during the off-season. Hell, he might be a frequent partier and just stays low key. He was in the southside of Pittsburgh, his home.

Party on AD!

If it was during season I'd be a little worried, but not know. These players are humans, and not robots. What they do in the off-season and on there own time isn't my business.

MAYBE he wasn't even drinking just a DD or something, who knows.

Anyways, keep doing your thing during YOUR off-season AD!

I just hope he is doing whatever he's done every other offseason.
If that means beating down fools at 3am in South Pittsburgh or shooting some B-ball in West Philadelphia, I really don't care, just keep it up.

1b393bfe-2d7e-488d-9d58-e925ff74a8d7-getty-1094050758.jpg

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
The more I find out the more I feel that dude absolutely deserved the beating and probably deserves another for dragging AD’s name through the mud. Screw that pussy

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
so the guy tries to start a fight with ad inside the club, gets thrown out by security and then waits for donald to come out and again tries to start a fight with him. swings a bottle at ad's head and ad's friends decide that's enough and beat the fuck out of this douche.

douches gotta douche.

From what I read, it was actually in a private residence located above the bar, not actually IN the bar. After being thrown out of the party, the guy supposedly had a liquor bottle that he swung at AD when they were outside? That's when the melee started when the guy started shouting and heading back toward AD? Yeah... The guy is a total douche nozzle if true.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
From what I read, it was actually in a private residence located above the bar, not actually IN the bar. After being thrown out of the party, the guy supposedly had a liquor bottle that he swung at AD when they were outside? That's when the melee started when the guy started shouting and heading back toward AD? Yeah... The guy is a total douche nozzle if true.
Time to change the thread title RF503!! I have a modest proposal:

“Purported Victim Apologizes to Aaron Donald for Falsely Accusing Him.”