PREGAME Pregame Thread - Lions at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's going to get slaughtered. The Lions have already lost their two best OLs to injuries (Ragnow is out for the year, and Decker hasn't played a snap). The best two WRs on their NFL's worst WR corp are also on IR (Cephus and Williams). They're a really, really bad team. Our defense is going to feast.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I figure he'll play his best game of the year vs our defense but still I can't wait. Hope the Rams' front has him blowin snot bubbles.
I have a strong suspicion that McV will be more involved than usual in the defensive gameplan this week.

Scoot over Raheem, here is a 10 page scouting report on how you attack #16....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
#1 Take away the boot roll out
#2 Take away the checkdowns
#3 Make him throw deep into windows
#4 Crowd the pocket

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure when his $110.mil in guaranteed money will be paid in full, but I doubt he'll leave/retire before that. He's still only 27 years old, an age many of us felt invincible no matter how things were going.
Rookie contract was $18+ million. His yearly cash as reported by spotrac for the years following that were $26,31,26 million. If he's not there after this year it's close enough I'm sure. He can retire and sip some rose` and laugh at his haters.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Bengals took away his first read, and the play was dead
The worst attribute of Goff is his inability to go through progressions. Locking onto a first read, or not seeing wide open WRs is a death sentence in the NFL. It has nothing to do with arm talent, it's all cerebral. If we can limit his first read next week we should be in great shape.

Now lets contrast Goff's game with that of our new QB, and his excellence at going through progressions and ability to make big time throws to his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reads.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1449389765548146689?t=iMo3rJvR-LuZgIdTXaBbbw&s=19

Shuie3225

Starter
Honestly, what's Goff supposed to do there? No one open and can't take off and run for the first?
someone was wide open in the flat for a 1st down to the right.. watch it again.
He had two wide open options right in front of him. He just doesn't see the field well man.

Screenshot_20211017-181234~2.png

TexasRam

Legend
He had two wide open options right in front of him. He just doesn't see the field well man.

View attachment 49048
Stafford did the same thing 3 times last week leading to punts. It happens to every QB.

As JRRY pointed out Goff's Oline is decimated and he has no WR's. Warner went through the same wilderness experience with the Giants.

It should be another easy win for us next week.

Shuie3225

Starter
Stafford did the same thing 3 times last week leading to punts. It happens to every QB.

As JRRY pointed out Goff's Oline is decimated and he has no WR's. Warner went through the same wilderness experience with the Giants.

It should be another easy win for us next week.
Stafford goes through progressions 50x better than Goff. That part of their game can't even be compared.

Make all the excuses you want for Goff. Its the same shit we saw in LA with a better roster and head coach for the last 2 1/2 years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Screenshot_20211017-181234~2.png
Throwing the ball away on 4th down after missing open options. Some here will rationalize that until down is up and up is down but that is a fucking firing offense.

He needs to sit after that shit. Show the team that even the QB has to be accountable. Their HC understands that I think.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Throwing the ball away on 4th down after missing open options. Some here will rationalize that until down is up and up is down but that is a fucking firing offense.

He needs to sit after that shit. Show the team that even the QB has to be accountable. Their HC understands that I think.
Was literally about to post this. Missing the two wide open options is terrible. But then to throw the ball away on 4th down??? Just shows his football IQ.

You have to try to make a tight window throw there. A jump ball, a back shoulder, a deep shot. Something. You have to give one of your guys a chance to make a play. I bet thats why Campbell called him out today to the media. Crazy to make that type of mistake in year 6.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was literally about to post this. Missing the two wide open options is terrible. But then to throw the ball away on 4th down??? Just shows his football IQ.

You have to try to make a tight window throw there. A jump ball, a back shoulder, a deep shot. Something. You have to give one of your guys a chance to make a play. I bet thats why Campbell called him out today to the media. Crazy to make that type of mistake in year 6.
Right now if I'm Campbell on one hand I want to sit his ass because of that accountability. But on the other hand he's facing his former team who cast him aside and a team with a defense that allows underneath completions all fucking day long. So it's a tough call.

I think I'd sit him. Making excuses for your QB is a great way to lose your team so it's important to do that. Then after the backup sucks worse sit him as well (even if it's in the first quarter) and put Goff in and hope he's pissed off and plays with his hair on fire.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People will probably make a big deal about McVay vs Goff, but the real story is Stafford vs the Lions.

The list of QBs that played for one team for 10+ years and then left and played against that team is very small

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
People will probably make a big deal about McVay vs Goff, but the real story is Stafford vs the Lions.

The list of QBs that played for one team for 10+ years and then left and played against that team is very small

Yeah its not like Tommy boy going back against NE level lol

TexasRam

Legend
Stafford goes through progressions 50x better than Goff. That part of their game can't even be compared.

Make all the excuses you want for Goff. Its the same shit we saw in LA with a better roster and head coach for the last 2 1/2 years.
Stafford throws a interception last week that should of been thrown away. He nearly threw 3 interceptions today. It happens its the NFL.

If you guys want to spend all week slamming on Goff with your cherry picking go for it if it makes you feel bigger.

Goff is 1 of 3 QB's to lead the Rams to the Super Bowl he doesn't require anyone to make excuses for him, his resume speaks for itself.

Stafford has yet to do anything whatsoever in meaningful games. We all hope he can but in his one big game vs Arizona he was shaky with near perfect protection and one of the best WR groups.

If Stafford can get the Rams into a Superbowl he enters the discussion.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I have a strong suspicion that McV will be more involved than usual in the defensive gameplan this week.

Scoot over Raheem, here is a 10 page scouting report on how you attack #16....

Only 10 pages??? That's probably McVay's Cliff notes...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford throws a interception last week that should of been thrown away. He nearly threw 3 interceptions today. It happens its the NFL.

If you guys want to spend all week slamming on Goff with your cherry picking go for it if it makes you feel bigger.

Goff is 1 of 3 QB's to lead the Rams to the Super Bowl he doesn't require anyone to make excuses for him, his resume speaks for itself.

Stafford has yet to do anything whatsoever in meaningful games. We all hope he can but in his one big game vs Arizona he was shaky with near perfect protection and one of the best WR groups.

He's no longer a Ram. I don't understand why your panties are in a bunch here.

Did you expect everyone to cheer for Goff with a game coming up against him? When we have a better QB behind center now and maybe a championship in our future?

You need to drop that cross dude. It's gotta be getting heavy.

Shuie3225

Starter

Stafford threw for 400yrds/4 TDs in his first playoff game and lost because his defense gave up 35.

You have no clue what a good QB is if you're defending Goff like this. Take down your Goff poster, hes long gone and still stinking up the league. When he's out of the league in a few years or a backup QB soon you will have to face reality. As if everything you've seen the last 3 years isn't enough. Goff threw 20TDs in 2020 for the Rams and Stafford has 17TDs in 6 games so far in 2021. The talent isn't even close.