Post June 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If OBJ signs with us, I am sort of expecting it to be a part year deal, with OBJ a FA next year.

Coming off an injury, it’s hard for him to get big bucks on a longer deal.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If OBJ signs with us, I am sort of expecting it to be a part year deal, with OBJ a FA next year.

Coming off an injury, it’s hard for him to get big bucks on a longer deal.
exactly….

I’ll continue to say he will be a Packer.
That’s been my prediction & feelings toward The Rams losing to them in 2021.

For some reason as much as maybe OBJ & Mcvay want to be together it’s not happening? Then again maybe it was meant to be ? The knee injury was a thing.

Bobby Tree’s moving on after a freak knee injury ? Now Robert Woods is a Titan. Right after Saffold went to Buffalo who are The Rams first match up.

You know I saw Josh Reynolds back with Jared Goff last season.Just saying Bobby Trees helped mentor him as well as Cooper Kupp.

Just think I saw,but not sure because it was a quick local thing about The Rams & child hood hero. I think the connection was Allen Robinson & Van Jefferson? They come from the same area & went to the same High School.

Anyway I think I heard it but was in my own world & cooking & not watching.Knowing some of the story,but more interested into who USC got(Pitts wr) in this new crazy NCAA world I’ve not followed.

Back to it from what I think
I heard was Van Jefferson has been out with an injury since the SuperBowl & I don’t know really much about Allen Robinson’s relationship. I just know he is a Ram mainly because of of Van Jefferson.
There relationship is from Van wanting to be like Allen Robinson going through the same HS.
I also know that Robinson heard good things about The Rams,of course Jalen RAMsey is always involved.

CGI - Ram won’t do it (just) spike Lee & mj. My Kobe days.

Anyways I was thinking about how GREAT Jale RAMsey is!!! I think he may go down as One of The Best if not The Best if he continues in his ways.

My comparison is LeBron James of football. He brought OBJ.

Raheem Morris awesome to,but you know Jalen is a recruiter.

Eric Weedle ?
Cam Akers ?
Troy Hill ?

I mean The Rams and Mcvay are like that.I’ll give Demoff credit as well.An example is Whit,Hav,& Edwards connected with Bruss.

Point being players in The NFL now recruiting dream teams.

Brady with like Brown,Gronk & whoever else ? That is why I still think Aaron Rogers & Matt Lafleur find a way to get OBJ,especially losing Adams.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I haven't said cut. I've always contended that he could be included as part of a trade for an edge. If not then he will play out his remaining two years and become a comp pick unless he really ups his game. He's going to be pushed by OBJ and Harris at Y and Z WR.

OBJ would definitely take his spot but it wouldn't be till December most likely if he even comes back but Harris? you must be joking.

Turducken

Starter
OBJ would definitely take his spot but it wouldn't be till December most likely if he even comes back but Harris? you must be joking.
I could see a situation where the second yr wrs step up, OBJ becomes healthy and Van becomes expendable just before the trade deadline, but tutu and Harris still look like unscratched lotto tix right now.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I have never been the biggest VJ fan but I saw a stat 1st yr couple hundred yards last year 800 yards definitely ascending.

I look back to GSOT and one of the biggest reasons the Offense was so good we had 4 great WRa so teams didn't have enough good dba to cover Ike, Ricky, AZ and Torrey. Didn't hurt we had 1st ballot hall of famer out of backfield as well and Kurt but outside of Faulk their can be somewhat comparisons with Cooper, Allen, OBJ (if he resigns) and VJ. 3 technically #1a wrs and a #3 wr.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
It would make absolutely no sense to trade VJ this year. Not sure why this is even a valid discussion.

It certainly doesn’t look like a good idea from the Rams’ perspective (at least to me, and probably you as well); but if I’m somebody like the packers, it’s something I might look at.
They have no $$ after extending rogers and they lost 2 WRs.
VJ has 2 more years on his rookie deal?

Guys who have stars in front or alongside of them on a SB roster are attractive to teams looking to break .500. Who knows what they’re willing to give up?

…but the Rams would have to have someone emerge from camp to replace VJ before any offer could be considered—I would think.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
... if I’m somebody like the Packers, it’s something I might look at. They have no $$ after extending Rogers and they lost 2 WRs.
The Packers are not in bad cap shape right now. There are sites you can check.

I just checked Spotrac. Green Bay currently has the 4th most cap space. The Rams are 27th.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

I just checked Spotrac. Green Bay currently has the 4th most cap space. The Rams are 27th.
Not to mention screw giving them a talented young WR

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Why give Packers VJ? Why help any team that you are most likely to compete against in a playoff scenario? Makes zero sense. You could trade him to an AFC team which makes more sense to me if that is what we think is the move.

Me I think if we could get a great CB or DE I would do it even if we need to add something extra picks wise. We have plenty of players who could fill the void of a #3 before OBJ gets back.

I just don't see it happening.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OBJ said before he was injured that he'd take a hometown discount because for him it's about respect, culture, and being wanted. He said LA was home and that trumps $$$. McVay and Stafford have reached out to OBJ telling him how much they want him back. He will get a multi-year contract of probably 3 years. If Snead can clear the cap OBJ will be back.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yea the Rams should hopefully be trying to work it out now with Obj. I know it's a risk but the more he heals the later it goes the more teams scouting and looking on will up the ante even to just mess it up for the Rams.

You probably can get that discount now but soon as other teams really come hard business is business and his price goes up.

The time to strike is now when everyone else kind of sitting back in my opinion.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
OBJ said before he was injured that he'd take a hometown discount because for him it's about respect, culture, and being wanted. He said LA was home and that trumps $$$. McVay and Stafford have reached out to OBJ telling him how much they want him back. He will get a multi-year contract of probably 3 years. If Snead can clear the cap OBJ will be back.
Big IF

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yea the Rams should hopefully be trying to work it out now with Obj. I know it's a risk but the more he heals the later it goes the more teams scouting and looking on will up the ante even to just mess it up for the Rams.

You probably can get that discount now but soon as other teams really come hard business is business and his price goes up.

The time to strike is now when everyone else kind of sitting back in my opinion.

From my understanding Les Snead will let him walk. Mcvay on the other hand really wants him back.

IMO for awhile now is just looking nightrain. The Oackers seem like a perfect fit. Add that Adams leaving makes it seem even more real. I do know the Packers drafted a couple WR’s,but that won’t change there need & fit.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
From my understanding Les Snead will let him walk. Mcvay on the other hand really wants him back.

IMO for awhile now is just looking nightrain. The Oackers seem like a perfect fit. Add that Adams leaving makes it seem even more real. I do know the Packers drafted a couple WR’s,but that won’t change there need & fit.

Yea I agree I can think of a couple of other teams as well but it doesn't mean we can't work it out if he wants to be here and we want him here or mcvay and teammates as well as AD who wanted both he and von back but now Vons gone so there is some sway but something will have to give somewhere.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan

Trading VanJ: IMO just say no.
I think he'll keep getting better. What is he, 3rd year?
He's got the pedigree, and he's got Kupp, Stafford, McVay and co to learn from.
FWIW I think the "teaching" benefit of having vet studs on the team is undervalued by many.

BC

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yea I agree I can think of a couple of other teams as well but it doesn't mean we can't work it out if he wants to be here and we want him here or mcvay and teammates as well as AD who wanted both he and von back but now Vons gone so there is some sway but something will have to give somewhere.

Really true OBJ really has felt The RAMSLY in as a family. Even more true with Jalen making the phone call.

As far as Divas & Mcvay you can look back at The Past & see the Short Love Affairs. There were some Great Ram moments.Bobby Trees is a player I didn’t know much about. Robert Woods though is a different story.I mean how last season went down was so CRAZY!! I mean talk about a DREAM TEAM ?

I mean wtf? Did that really happen ? Now Robert Woods & Andrew Whitworth are both GONE!!!! We can look back.which I just did because of The 100 Greatest of all time.We can all look back,but IMO History was written by a Bad call on John Sullivan. I will go down in my grave with that because of how it went down & where I was.The people that are sports fans in a total sober environment.
Just like that Nick Scott Hit on Deebo,or that loss at SOFI the last game against the 9ers.

We can talk about OBJ going down or the catch HENDO made. Maybe the Ben Sko catches,but struggles? Then again what about HOPKINS?
We aren’t talking about ARIZONA either?

OBJ is no Robert Woods as a RAM. In that SuperBowl or The Rams playoff loss to Arizona there was a player named Cooper Kupp that was missing. That 4th down jet sweep meant what against Cinncy? You know moments & times. It is just such a Flash.

Todd Gurley as much as I loved as a Ram at times doesn’t put me over we.
Clay Matthews not taking a pay cut & never playing again ? SUH (f’Suh) playing in NE. You know I love the journey.
To start the season Mcvay started Anchrum against Von Miller. Then to think he said afterwards I made it. I played agaiyThe Best(one of) Ever. To think Von Miller was a Ram ?

WOW!! Now Eric Weedle & Whitworth are gone. Talk about 3 HOF players who solidified there entry for sure after this last Ram SuperBowl!!!

OBJ left the field in Lambo as The Rams just lost to them.The first game OBJ played as a Ram was in a loss to the 9ers.The first play was a pass completion. Robert Woods never played again as a Ram when he told OBJ it was ok for him to sign,after The Rams just released DJ1 to open up cap space.
I don’t know.Just believe in the Football Gods & saw a sign that brings me to OBJ & the Packers.History has a way. Matt Lafleur & Aaron Rogers have a little of that West Coast Offense & History I can see it happening.

Now The Rams & Mcvay ? I believe no matter what this team will always compete!!!!!