Post June 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Van Jefferson is going to be an important part of this Rams offense this year. He knows the system and is still under his rookie deal. It was the Woods trade that brought Robinson into the fold, not the future plans concerning Van Jefferson. If they want to keep him, they will make him an offer. I just think some other team will likely pay him more. It's his job to lose.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Impatient?

Or just knows intuitively that they're not ready at that moment in time to do what he needs them to do?

Is there a long list of players who McVay let walk because he was frustrated and now are killing it with other teams that I'm unaware of?
Well said, RamUK. I think Woods will kill it in Tennessee, but he will not have the same numbers he did as a Ram.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Maybe I missed it, but where did the OP mention cutting VJ?

Regardless, I don't see that trade happening. As others have said, we will need him this season, and maybe they look at trading him next year, but who knows.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think Woods will kill it in Tennessee, but he will not have the same numbers he did as a Ram.
Agree but his job got more difficult with the A.J. Brown trade.

Woods will probably moved-up to the #1 WR, and see more man coverage from opponents' top-CB, and/or some double coverage that Brown would have previously gotten.

Personally, just the way I watched a lot of Detroit Lions' football last season because in support of Jared Goff; I will be watching more Titans' football this season in support of Woods.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Personally, just the way I watched a lot of Detroit Lions' football last season because in support of Jared Goff; I will be watching more Titans' football this season in support of Woods.
Yeah, I think I'm to watch quite a bit of Los Angeles Ram football in support of Tutu Atwell @Loyal

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm going to rap during games in memory of Greg Robinson. (Blue font......since I can't seem to do it on here lol)

Tano

Legend
Hey OldSchool is it safe to say that the OP has moved on from Havenstein and is now laser-focused on Van Jeff?
I for one would be rather thrilled if that's the case 'cuz I get tired of whumpin' on the same old, same old.
Hey we gots some fresh blood to pound on now!!!!

~ArkyRamsFan~
I want to go back to whumpin' on Blythe. How about that?

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I have never been a big fan of VJ. He has been here several years and for where he was drafted his impact had been marginal. Does he make some nice plays sure, is he consistent no. He is good not great.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Van has not been a Ram several years, 2021 was his second year.

Over 800 yards and 6 TDs on 50 receptions out of 89 targets.

For WR3, whoever isn’t happy with that plays too much Madden.

Ranked 32 here

fearsomefour

Legend
Van Jefferson's value to this team is much higher than the 4th/5th round pick they might get for him.
Look at recent trades for veteran players, they get almost no value in return.
Would probably get a 6th or 7th for Jefferson.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have never been a big fan of VJ. He has been here several years and for where he was drafted his impact had been marginal. Does he make some nice plays sure, is he consistent no. He is good not great.
Van Jefferson has been a very good addition and is still developing.
No team is going to have "great" players up down at every spot.
Jefferson is not a 1 but would be a good 2 on most teams.
If the Rams bring back Beckham Jefferson would be an exceptional 4.
If they don't bring Beckham back he is a very, very good three.
I would not consider trading VJ as the team is much better with him than without him and better than they would be with a low round pick they would likely get for him.

dang

Legend
It would make absolutely no sense to trade VJ this year. Not sure why this is even a valid discussion.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Look at recent trades for veteran players, they get almost no value in return.
Would probably get a 6th or 7th for Jefferson.
Except that if they traded him now, he has cheap #s and would be worth far more than that. He's a pretty good receiver and has proved it. I have to think there's no fucking WAY the Rams trade him for a 6th or 7th. He's worth more to the team than that. Hell.. a lot of 1st rounders don't produce to his level - EVER.
No team is going to have "great" players up down at every spot.
This what I always say. It's like people expect every position to be an all pro or we're not doing things right. Get real. We won the fucking Superbowl with a decent O-line, a mediocre MLB crew, and frankly, a mediocre DB and RB squad.

fearsomefour

Legend
Except that if they traded him now, he has cheap #s and would be worth far more than that. He's a pretty good receiver and has proved it. I have to think there's no fucking WAY the Rams trade him for a 6th or 7th. He's worth more to the team than that. Hell.. a lot of 1st rounders don't produce to his level - EVER.

This what I always say. It's like people expect every position to be an all pro or we're not doing things right. Get real. We won the fucking Superbowl with a decent O-line, a mediocre MLB crew, and frankly, a mediocre DB and RB squad.
Exactly.
Jefferson is a good player with plenty of possible growth....no way Im trading him.

Turducken

Starter
He's a returning starter who is still on a rookie contract. We are a team with very little cap room. Trading him means we lose depth at a vital spot in exchange for a defensive vet with a higher cap hit?

No need to overthink this.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I believe Van has established himself and shows as ascending if the Rams were to trade him and I say if it would be to a wide reciever needy team who has an edge rusher that also is on a rookie deal and can deal from strength to help out a more needy position. So for example just an example someone like Allen on max for Jeff if they feel they need a wr and have enough pass rushing. So we would have to scour the league to find something like this.

Maybe to much conspiracy but still don't know why Clowney is still not signed. I know he signs late but this seems later than usual if I'm not mistaken??? Regardless though we always associate the Rams to every available player but is a bit suspicious Clowney still no deal with Cleveland.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't said cut. I've always contended that he could be included as part of a trade for an edge. If not then he will play out his remaining two years and become a comp pick unless he really ups his game. He's going to be pushed by OBJ and Harris at Y and Z WR.