(Poll) Who would you start this weekend? The Wolford/Goff Collection Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB are you starting?

• The Wolf

• Perkins

• Bortles

• Hekker the Wrecker

• Case Keenum

• Cam Akers

• Dieter Brock

Results are only viewable after voting.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
How the hell did you find that? I thought I lost it forever.
I may have liked it so much that I saved it on my laptop, and then the file got transferred to an external when I got a mac book. Just had to look in my RoD folder on the external :biggrin:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I may have liked it so much that I saved it on my laptop, and then the file got transferred to an external when I got a mac book. Just had to look in my RoD folder on the external :biggrin:
Bless you.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is a winnable game even with a backup in there at QB. We have a strong defense, just keep it balanced and take care of the football, the Cards are not an overpowering type front that can destroy our OL it's a tough matchup for them IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Win or lose it will be fun and interesting to watch a different QB run the offense. I mean, this team is not getting to the Superbowl the way Goff and the offensive line has played lately. So, lets see what Wholford can do. It could create a controversy. It could give us perspective on Goff. And it will tell McVay if he needs a better backup QB next year.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I really really wish we had a solid backup. I mean, Fitz, Hurts, Dalton, etc. However, I'm pretty sure Wolford can go out and do what Goffs done the past couple weeks.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought he threw about the same, with more urgency late.

Since we KNOW we can't count on straight answers or disclosure about injuries, I have wondered if Goff has been battling through some injury since mid-season. If not, the QB coach needs to go.

From what I have observed since now you have mentioned it.Goff hurt his knee I believe in the Zona win.
I just remembered watching the game & then he started to bleed on his knee late in the game.My girlfriend of all things saw it happen as well.It was not that big of a deal it seemed though.
Goff is tough,but his mental state is not where it normally has been.He has been playing scared.Frustrating to see him struggle.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Man if wolford wins next week the goff haters will be calling for... Well you know

if you can’t see Goff isn’t going to push us to the next level then idk what else you need to see.
This is a good team that just needs a quarterback that isn’t going to lose us games. Do you think Bengal fans are happy they got to go the playoffs and lose for 10 years with Andy dalton?
no.
It’s just a waste of time cheering for a good team with the most important position holding them back.
Now Sean McVay will be questioned all off-season. We’ll lose a DC who put together a great season.

it’s not about ppl hating Goff. It’s about wanting more from this great team and Coach.

The guy has 0 pocket awareness so McVay has to have him roll out every play. He has him throwing a dink and dunk offense bc he can’t relax in the pocket enough to complete the long ball. Any sense of pressure and he makes horrible decisions.

it’s not about hating Goff. It’s just acknowledging the fact that he’s not a good quarterback. His numbers look great occasionally bc it’s a soft league now. QBs, WRs, and Offense are catered too. Shitty quarterbacks have great games all the time.

I just assume ppl who think Goff hate is unjustified don’t actually watch him play and just look at the box score.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a winnable game even with a backup in there at QB. We have a strong defense, just keep it balanced and take care of the football, the Cards are not an overpowering type front that can destroy our OL it's a tough matchup for them IMO.

If Akers plays and we hold the Cards to 21 or less, I think we can win. Their defense isn't good. We can run the ball on them if we have somebody with more juice the Brown. And our backup QB should be able to do some damage if he's NFL caliber. We can win that game. Issue is that unless Goff gets healthy fast or our running game becomes dominant, I don't see how we go far in the playoffs with a backup QB. But maybe Wolford will surprise us all.

TexasRam

Legend
If Akers plays and we hold the Cards to 21 or less, I think we can win. Their defense isn't good. We can run the ball on them if we have somebody with more juice the Brown. And our backup QB should be able to do some damage if he's NFL caliber. We can win that game. Issue is that unless Goff gets healthy fast or our running game becomes dominant, I don't see how we go far in the playoffs with a backup QB. But maybe Wolford will surprise us all.
The one positive is he will most likely get to take first team snaps and prepare to start. Little rougher coming in cold off the bench.

I'm not expecting a miracle but against the Cards anything is possible.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

True if Cam Akers is healthy,it should open up somethings.

Big Rob got hit with a cheap shot from a helmet to the chin guard. Should be good.What’s Whitworth’s status?

Reynold needs to go.Mundt as well.Both are liabilities

TexasRam

Legend
True if Cam Akers is healthy,it should open up somethings.

Big Rob got hit with a cheap shot from a helmet to the chin guard. Should be good.What’s Whitworth’s status?

Reynold needs to go.Mundt as well.Both are liabilities

Agreed. A center and a strong blocking TE or a 6th lineman like Evans on goaline attemps is needed. It’s embarrassing getting out muscled constantly.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I'm actually glad people are bringing up that era right now, because as sucky as today feels, that puts it in perspective. At least we have 9 wins and will finish above .500, something we couldn't even dream of doing back then.

2004 to 2016 .500 or less every single season...
2004 and 2006 Rams went 8-8
2003 they were 12-4

13 Years of non-winning football. I'll take the last 4 years over that.. anytime

Tano

Legend
Agreed. A center and a strong blocking TE or a 6th lineman like Evans on goaline attemps is needed. It’s embarrassing getting out muscled constantly.
If we had an offensive lineman blocking where Higbee was, I think Brown gets in on that 4th down run.

Higbee got blown up by that defensive lineman.

Plus with an extra offensive lineman in, I would love to see McVay go with the old fake run up the middle throw to the OL play.

The extra OL almost never gets covered on that play from what I have seen in past games.

And where the heck are the trick plays this year? Have they even ran one trick play?

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the Gurley and Cooks issues coming into this season, both money and big pieces of the offense changing, I have looked at this as a mini rebuild season all year. I think deep down most of us expected that, to some degree.

But, we stated 4-1, and almost 5-0, thanks to a shitty NFC East, and I think that changed a lot of peoples expectations for the season. Add to that the amazing defense we have this year, and I think people stated thinking we were a legitimate playoff team/super bowl contender.

Honestly, with the short comings of this team, I am amazed we still have a shot at the playoffs. Goff has been bad, our center is really bad against power and stunts, our OL doesn't open up run lanes consistently, and doesn't give a clean pocket very often or for very long. All this adds up to not being able to throw the ball down the field, and defenses crowding the run game and the short and intermediate stuff.

I have quite enjoyed the Rams exceeding my expectations this year. The fact that we can still make the playoffs sounds great to me. I hoped we would be around 13-3 this year, but I knew we had major issues. I mean we had almost $38 Million in dead money this year.

I believe that the Rams have the 4th most dead money behind the Jaguars, Jets, and Panthers (Quite the Who's Who of NFL Power houses this season).

Now Goff is out. OK, Lets see what Wolford has. Fingers crossed. Maybe we still back into the playoffs. Maybe we even win a playoff game. Certainly possible. And, I would love to see what this Defense can do in the playoffs. Hell, maybe we even make a deep playoff run. Who knows.

And if not, and we lose and are out. I promise you guys... life will go on.

I am headed to the lake to go fishing.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If the running game can be effective, the kid might get a few wins before the league catches up to him.
Our D is good enough and we have a kicker again, so fuck it, I'm going to believe.
20201228_073748.jpg