(Poll) Who would you start this weekend? The Wolford/Goff Collection Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB are you starting?

• The Wolf

• Perkins

• Bortles

• Hekker the Wrecker

• Case Keenum

• Cam Akers

• Dieter Brock

Results are only viewable after voting.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wolford is mobile. He's not as athletic as Perkins, but I expect McVay would rather have somebody who knows the system well and is capable of protecting the ball. But I have no idea what the plan will be.

If Wolford has a great game, good God, watch out.
1609123159586.png

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Maybe Wolford can pull a Nick Foles?

Sorry, that's all the optimism I got...
That's all you got? How about, "We'll rally behind John Wolford and play some good football."

Last edited:

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m looking forward to Wolford starting.

Ultimately football is just entertainment and Goff has not been very entertaining lately. Wolford is an interesting story and I want to tune in to see what happens. Also win or lose against the Cards I want to see how another QB operates under McVay’s offense. Is the problem really Goff? McVay? The OLine? Maybe we can get some answers and move forward.

Ellard80

Legend
what ive seen the last two weeks on offense.. we weren't going to win anythign even if we got in playoffs.

maybe this scrub will be the next kurt warner....

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
He seems like he can be mobile a run for some yardage. It could open up some new and unexpected plays for McVay. Then again, do you want your backup QB running and potentially getting hurt and having to use the 3rd string guy? I say it’s worth the risk.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Lets be honest with ourselves, our QB play can't get worse than it has the last few weeks, can it? Maybe Wolford can be the spark we need.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"today is worse than yesterday but take pleasure in the fact it will be better than tomorrow".

That doesn't sound too good.
If today is better than tomorrow, I don't think I even want to roll out of bed tomorrow.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets be honest with ourselves, our QB play can't get worse than it has the last few weeks, can it? Maybe Wolford can be the spark we need.

It can get much worse.

I am confident that Wolford can be the game manager that we need to win next week...

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/QBsMVP/status/1163464531366088706

If he starts, I hope the guy is the next Kurt Warner/Tom Brady/Marc Bulger/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Nick Foles/whatever. I am a Rams fan. I want to win. If Goff is out, we'll be relying on Wolford to get us to the playoffs.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Not comparing the league's but from what I've seen of Wolford he is quite accurate good placement on deep balls seems to have very good arm and the mobility is a wrinkle people are not going to be used to. Extending plays with guys like kupp woods higs might prove useful.

All that being said he could have all the tools in the world but can he read defenses? Can he go through progressions? I too am interested in seeing how another qb works with mcvay?

Or anyone think the rams can call up T.J. Rubley??? Just in case.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
For God sakes, all he has to do is NOT turn the ball over. Shouldn't be that tall or a task, but lately fit Goff is monumental.