Poll: The Most Irreplaceable Member of the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Most Important Current Member of the Rams

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good HC’s rise from the ranks every year, Loyal? Really?

Jeebus, the last good Ram HC hired before McVay was Vermiel in ‘97. We had to wait 20 freaking years for another ‘good HC’, man.

So, although AD is a future HOF PLAYER, he is still but one of 22 starters on O and D and therefore doesn’t impact the overall team as much as the one HC. C’mon...
Yes, they do. Having a GM pick one is the issue. Like picking AD at #14 in the Draft, 13 other teams screwed up. Snead might not have picked Fisher if Fisher didn't have a hand in picking Snead (messed up chain of command). Also, good coaches have to be attracted to the job and they normally have many options....

Btw..AD is much more than just a HOF player....

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Had to go with other - Kroenke. You can see what bad ownership c an do. Kroenke has no limits on the purse strings, hires qualified people and allows them to do their jobs

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I see where a lot of the disconnect is happening here. The title asks who is the most irreplaceable and than the post goes on to address most important and I think those are two different things.

most irreplaceable is Aaron Donald. He is simply 1 of 1. There is no single player in the NFL that you could replace him with that will
Match his production. Put it this way...take every player, coach, and gm, off of every roster and have a re draft...who are you struggling to replace the most in a 1 for 1 swap?

Most important is a different question and leaves room for discussion but I do tend to agree coaching is more important to overall success as I’ve seen immense talent wasted due to bad management many times

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As irreplaceable as I think AD is, if Stafford leads the team to a Super Bowl win next year, he will nab a majority of the vote. Not that I would agree with that......*flexes in the ROD Gun Show...

7K9QyK6.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Changed my vote to Jalen Ramsey. Because...reasons.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think I see where a lot of the disconnect is happening here. The title asks who is the most irreplaceable and than the post goes on to address most important and I think those are two different things.

most irreplaceable is Aaron Donald. He is simply 1 of 1. There is no single player in the NFL that you could replace him with that will
Match his production. Put it this way...take every player, coach, and gm, off of every roster and have a re draft...who are you struggling to replace the most in a 1 for 1 swap?

Most important is a different question and leaves room for discussion but I do tend to agree coaching is more important to overall success as I’ve seen immense talent wasted due to bad management many times
Trading AD would be easier to recover from than losing McVay. You could trade AD for a ton of picks then sign a guy like Suh to replace him. Suh is not AD but it limits the dropoff and you move forward building around him with those picks and we still contend without him.

Losing McVay you need to go find a leader to come in and keep this team from taking a dive. I'd rather not do that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trading AD would be easier to recover from than losing McVay. You could trade AD for a ton of picks then sign a guy like Suh to replace him. Suh is not AD but it limits the dropoff and you move forward building around him with those picks and we still contend without him.

Losing McVay you need to go find a leader to come in and keep this team from taking a dive. I'd rather not do that.
All we need is a guy who talked to McVay one time...BRILLIANT!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
A good GM selects good HC's. Good HC's rise from the lower ranks every year. Those like AD arise every twenty years, if that. So no, the obvious answer is the otherworldly 3 Tech DT from Planet Kick-Ass.

‘The poll question
Ya I don’t think I did. You ranked Stafford as harder to replace than Donald

Nope. The poll asked for ‘The most important member of the Rams’. That’s a direct quote.

A top quality QB IS a more important member of the Rams than any DL player. Even AD.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
‘The poll question

Nope. The poll asked for ‘The most important member of the Rams’. That’s a direct quote.

A top quality QB IS a more important member of the Rams than any DL player. Even AD.
Yeah I just made a post about this. The title asks for the most irreplaceable player and the post talks about most important. I think those are two different questions and I agree with you

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I picked Snead...the guy who hired McVay.

My thinking is the players, no matter how great, will come & go. If the GM has his sh*t together. He will pick the next group of star players and maybe even the next great young HC if the current guy burns out or decides to take a break and move on at some point.

In fact maybe Snead can trade him for a bunch of #1's??? ....Which he will promptly trade away for some disgruntled star player, languishing in some destitute franchise somewhere.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
‘The poll question

A slight mistake, but I stand by it.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well trading AD and replacing AD are not the same thing. But again you’re describing most important to which I’ve already said coaching is likely more important.

you can trade ad for a lot of picks and our team would still be strong. What if we traded McVay for picks and promoted Staley?

back to my point tho..if you had to redraft the entire NFL meaning all coaches and players and execs are up for grabs could you replace McVay? Could you even upgrade McVay? Could you replace Donald? Could you upgrade Donald ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
‘You’re making my point for me OS.

McVay was the driving force behind those early personnel changes. Plus the scheme changes, the new culture, the outstanding asst coaching hires, and on and on.
Actually my point was he was just one of many changes. There are other offensive minded coaches that would have done the same things. There are also coaches who would have held on to Saffold and Cooks and kept the offense from 2018 rolling instead of changing it and having his offense regress, showing that McVay wasn't bigger than the roster.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
HEY! Stand fast!

DI9KyC6.gif

Hey, I didn't want him to be lonely. Everyone's picking Donald and McVay, for good reason, but Ramsey is the chess piece who takes away a top receiver and is one of the most - if not the most - well-rounded cornerback in the game today.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually my point was he was just one of many changes. There are other offensive minded coaches that would have done the same things. There are also coaches who would have held on to Saffold and Cooks and kept the offense from 2018 rolling instead of changing it and having his offense regress, showing that McVay wasn't bigger than the roster.
AND dare say, wouldn't have traded a certain player for an old broken down player... SONOFA ~OldSchool

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Player-wise its Donald. We saw that vs Green Bay. Well, the smart football people saw it.

Without McVay though, Donald is game wrecking on his way to no playoffs year in and year out.