Poll: The Most Irreplaceable Member of the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Most Important Current Member of the Rams

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even the worst teams have one or two all pro to elite players. Their problems are idiocy at the coach/GM/owner spots.

Rams had SJack, Chris Long, Robert Quinn, etc in the dark ages but you know.

As long as Sean McVay and Les Snead continue to hit on their decisions, the players will fall in place.
Mostly you're not wrong, but AD is more than elite, imo. I know Gold Jacket wearers Howie Long and Michael Strahan are in awe of him, per this video from two years ago....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fztXvDmbUZY

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even the worst teams have one or two all pro to elite players. Their problems are idiocy at the coach/GM/owner spots.

Rams had SJack, Chris Long, Robert Quinn, etc in the dark ages but you know.

As long as Sean McVay and Les Snead continue to hit on their decisions, the players will fall in place.
That’s exactly the point, There’s a difference between the chris longs and Robert Quinn’s of the world and AD. You can always find more of the longs and Quinn’s but we are literally talking about the greatest of all time with AD. It’s unlikely there will be another to reach this level of dominance in my lifetime. I agree with the premise to what you’re saying and if we were talking about essentially any other player I’d agree.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In the last 30 years we have had two winning windows. One was opened by Vermiel and the other by McVay. A great coach is harder to find than a DT. A great coach can win without a super elite 3T too.

It's not a knock on AD either. He's just one of 11 guys on that defensive starting roster. A great 1 of 11 but still 1 of 11.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the last 30 years we have had two winning windows. One was opened by Vermiel and the other by McVay. A great coach is harder to find than a DT. A great coach can win without a super elite 3T too.

It's not a knock on AD either. He's just one of 11 guys on that defensive starting roster. A great 1 of 11 but still 1 of 11.
Arguments can be made on both sides of this discussion. Bruce Arians just won a SB and I doubt many around here would call him a great coach same with Doug Pederson hell he's on the hot seat a few years later. I'd say our chances are as good with a different coach and this roster as they are with McVay without AD. That defense is nowhere near what it was last year without AD as we saw in Green Bay. But what could a young mind like Brian Daboll or Lincoln Reilly or a few others do with this team that's been built up?

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Though I think its a blending, its definitely McVay. We had Donald and Snead and Demoff with Fisher and we saw how that ended.....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Mostly you're not wrong, but AD is more than elite, imo. I know Gold Jacket wearers Howie Long and Michael Strahan are in awe of him, per this video from two years ago....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fztXvDmbUZY

That’s exactly the point, There’s a difference between the chris longs and Robert Quinn’s of the world and AD. You can always find more of the longs and Quinn’s but we are literally talking about the greatest of all time with AD. It’s unlikely there will be another to reach this level of dominance in my lifetime. I agree with the premise to what you’re saying and if we were talking about essentially any other player I’d agree.

Dudes this isn't about AD himself. It's about short and long term stability and success i.e, winning seasons. That's why coach/GM are more important now and the future.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Though I think its a blending, its definitely McVay. We had Donald and Snead and Demoff with Fisher and we saw how that ended.....
Your avatar's-sake and Merlin didn't have a winning season for like their first 5-6 years until whiz "kid" George Allen arrived in 1966. Allen was let go after the 1970 season. Allen never had a losing season as an NFL HC and won the NFC Championship once with the Redskins, just as McVay has with the Rams. The point being that Deacon and Merlin were with losing teams before the great George Allen, but outlasted him in the organization....Like I think AD will outlast McVay with the Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dudes this isn't about AD himself. It's about short and long term stability and success i.e, winning seasons. That's why coach/GM are more important now and the future.
As good as McVay is, he is replaceable because good coaches are always rising to the top. AD can be replaced, but only with inferior talent....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And how many players from that Fisher era are still here? Three? AD Hekker and Brockers? Fifty players have turned over it's not just a new coach with that team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And how many players from that Fisher era are still here? Three? AD Hekker and Brockers? Fifty players have turned over it's not just a new coach with that team.
YOUSONOFA ~ Jake McQuaide

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arguments can be made on both sides of this discussion. Bruce Arians just won a SB and I doubt many around here would call him a great coach same with Doug Pederson hell he's on the hot seat a few years later. I'd say our chances are as good with a different coach and this roster as they are with McVay without AD. That defense is nowhere near what it was last year without AD as we saw in Green Bay. But what could a young mind like Brian Daboll or Lincoln Reilly or a few others do with this team that's been built up?
Arians is a great coach. Not even remotely surprised to see him finally win a Super Bowl. And if I'm the owner and he gets into a spat with Brady I'd be in my coach's corner without a doubt.

Fortunes rise and fall in this league with the movement of head coaches and the staffs they build. But all these guys need good players. Some of them are better than others at identifying the right guys. Some are better at getting the roster "up" for games or opponents. Some are more advanced in schematic grasp of the game than others. And so on. Arians is one of those coaches who nails most of the things you want. So is McVay and it's why we've won since he came aboard.

Hopefully it'll be a long time before we find out what this org would be without him. But if and when this front office does move on they're gonna need to find another guy who can check the boxes and those guys are very hard to find at head coach.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This is an easy one if one steps back to look at the Big Picture.

The correct answer is Sean McVay.

Want evidence that the team flows from Sean McVay? In 2016 Rams finished 4-12 with a pretty damned good roster, including AD, btw.

In McVay’s rookie season Rams finished 11-5, won their dividiom, and O went from worst to first, literally.

I love AD to death, too, but there’s no doubt in my mind as to which person is most critical to Rams success.

Les Snead would be #2, incidentally, by that same logic.

Stafford would now be #3 because he’s the starting QB.

AD, the certain future HOFer, would be #4.

I’m gonna duck behind my couch now. Lol.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Easy. AD99. If we put 1 or 2 studs on this DL and OL couldn't focus on double and triple teaming AD he would be shattering NFL records. For example, if we had AD on a DL with the talent of TB, no offense would stand a chance.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arians is a great coach. Not even remotely surprised to see him finally win a Super Bowl. And if I'm the owner and he gets into a spat with Brady I'd be in my coach's corner without a doubt.

Fortunes rise and fall in this league with the movement of head coaches and the staffs they build. But all these guys need good players. Some of them are better than others at identifying the right guys. Some are better at getting the roster "up" for games or opponents. Some are more advanced in schematic grasp of the game than others. And so on. Arians is one of those coaches who nails most of the things you want. So is McVay and it's why we've won since he came aboard.

Hopefully it'll be a long time before we find out what this org would be without him. But if and when this front office does move on they're gonna need to find another guy who can check the boxes and those guys are very hard to find at head coach.
Are you kidding me? Unless the stars aligned as they did where Brady wanted to seperate from Bellicheats shadow, no way Ariens sniffs a championship. He was a blowhard as coach of the Cards and then quit on them. You have more respect for that hunk of shyte that I certainly have...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Want evidence that the team flows from Sean McVay? In 2016 Rams finished 4-12 with a pretty damned good roster, including AD, btw.

In McVay’s rookie season Rams finished 11-5, won their dividiom, and O went from worst to first, literally.

I love AD to death, too, but there’s no doubt in my mind as to which person is most critical to Rams success.

Les Snead would be #2, incidentally, by that same logic.

Stafford would now be #3 because he’s the starting QB.

AD, the certain future HOFer, would be #4.

I’m gonna duck behind my couch now. Lol.
A good GM selects good HC's. Good HC's rise from the lower ranks every year. Those like AD arise every twenty years, if that. So no, the obvious answer is the otherworldly 3 Tech DT from Planet Kick-Ass.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah and the Rams agree thankfully. Just look at the difference in the Eagles vs the Rams. Eagles paid their QB early and got burned, Head Coach wants to move on at QB so they fire him. Rams make exactly the same mistake in paying their QB early and getting burned, but when their Head Coach wants to move on they move the QB even though his big contract hasn't even kicked in.

Next year I expect the Rams will be a deep playoff contender. The Eagles probably won't be. Playing the assistant coach lottery game and hoping for a winner, that's where Philly is now. Good luck fuckers. :ROFLMAO:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you kidding me? Unless the stars aligned as they did where Brady wanted to seperate from Bellicheats shadow, no way Ariens sniffs a championship. He was a blowhard as coach of the Cards and then quit on them. You have more respect for that hunk of shyte that I certainly don't have...
I hate his fat, red face just as much as you. I just acknowledge his skills. Ariens has been behind deep playoff runs for a long time, the guy is a quality coach. He's a dickhead too of course. :biggrin:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate his fat, red face just as much as you. I just acknowledge his skills. Ariens has been behind deep playoff runs for a long time, the guy is a quality coach. He's a dickhead too of course. :biggrin:
But the fact remains, without Brady there is no World Championship in Tampon...