(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also haven't heard that the Eagles are all that interested in Goff. Nor especially their fans who are hoping Wentz at a 80% rate.
Philly has made it clear that they are drafting whichever QB the Rams don't take. Fans? Well, they don't make draft picks. And Philly didn't trade the farm to move up and a player they may have gotten if they stayed at 8

Name
Chris
I can see Warners point of Wentz as best for the Rams. I have reached the same conclusion.

The problem is Fisher. And our lack of WR's. Goff would have a hard time with this cast of Wr's and Fisher has a way of holding his QB's back from throwing caution to the wind and throwing the ball fearlessly.

Goff could be a highly effective franchise QB but it would be hard to accomplish in L.A.

Wentz is not the true passer that Goff is but Wentz can add a third running dimension behind Gurley, Tavon and our dysfunctional offense system. Maybe over time Wentz running threat slows down the pass rush and allows him to find his place in the system as an effective QB.

Having said that I think Stach and hair are going Goff. And it's making me a little nervous. Square peg meet round hole.

Can you please post where Warner said Wentz is the best pick, the last I heard he said to go with Goff who was more polished because he was tired of hearing about potential? I'd be curios to see why he changed his opinion.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Tom Brady is 6'4" 225. The same height and 7 pounds heavier than Goff. And Goff is 21 and hasn't worked with NFL trainers.

I know, right? To read some posts, you'd think Goff was some skinny guy made of glass, which, (to add to the irony), he has proven not to be given the punishment he's taken.
I also think I read somewhere that he has (had) problems processing/digesting/synthesizing (or whatever) proteins, which has since been dealt with.
Besides, does that extra 20 lbs. really protect your knees, shoulders and collarbone? Dunno - not a doctor, but doubt it.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Watched the Cal vs ASU game from last season....I want Goff but would be happy with the big dude as well. Wentz looks like another Roethlisberger that can run but Goff reminds me of Montana. In the hands...the guy is money accurate. He did have a couple of really great receivers to pass to at Cal but I think it was his accuracy that counted. We will see. This is one of the biggest drafts in Rams history....don't blow it!

Name
Craig Bowl
Philly has made it clear that they are drafting whichever QB the Rams don't take. Fans? Well, they don't make draft picks. And Philly didn't trade the farm to move up and a player they may have gotten if they stayed at 8
Time will tell. Philly might wise up and take Lynch.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Draft Info Overload

OMD_Next-Pixar-Movie-6_Toy-Story-2.gif

bluecoconuts

Legend
I was initially a Wentz guy... I hadn't watched either guy, but I liked the potential from Wentz and the size... I like that he played in a pro-style offense.

After looking, I like the traits that Goff has more.. He scans the field, he moves in the pocket, and he's the more accurate passer. There are some issues that worry me, but I think he's going to be able to handle the game pretty well.

The other thing I think is Goff gives us more versatility with our offense... I think if we end up moving away from a traditional ground and pound into a more air it out style offense, I think Goff can handle that better than Wentz would be able to.

I've been flipped.

Name
Craig Bowl
I was initially a Wentz guy... I hadn't watched either guy, but I liked the potential from Wentz and the size... I like that he played in a pro-style offense.

After looking, I like the traits that Goff has more.. He scans the field, he moves in the pocket, and he's the more accurate passer. There are some issues that worry me, but I think he's going to be able to handle the game pretty well.

The other thing I think is Goff gives us more versatility with our offense... I think if we end up moving away from a traditional ground and pound into a more air it out style offense, I think Goff can handle that better than Wentz would be able to.

I've been flipped.
e

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I will be happy with either unless the one the Rams take is a bust and especially if the other guy is a 15 year perennial winner.

I like the physical tools Wentz brings and envy a strong QB with attitude to drive the team.

I think Goff has good tools and the potential to be a good QB with someone else being the leading personality.

Wentz small school Goff accuracy over hyped a bit.

Pass the beer those pretzels are salty

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can see Warners point of Wentz as best for the Rams. I have reached the same conclusion.

The problem is Fisher. And our lack of WR's. Goff would have a hard time with this cast of Wr's and Fisher has a way of holding his QB's back from throwing caution to the wind and throwing the ball fearlessly.

Goff could be a highly effective franchise QB but it would be hard to accomplish in L.A.

Wentz is not the true passer that Goff is but Wentz can add a third running dimension behind Gurley, Tavon and our dysfunctional offense system. Maybe over time Wentz running threat slows down the pass rush and allows him to find his place in the system as an effective QB.

Having said that I think Stach and hair are going Goff. And it's making me a little nervous. Square peg meet round hole.

Casablanca---for-web.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Time will tell. Philly might wise up and take Lynch.
Who they could have drafted at 8.....
I get it that you don't like Goff, and there is still doubt as to who the Rams will take. But there is no doubt who Philly is taking.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I've been flipped.
Welcome to the right side of history...you'll like it here

Name
Craig Bowl
Who they could have drafted at 8.....
I get it that you don't like Goff, and there is still doubt as to who the Rams will take. But there is no doubt who Philly is taking.
Don't mean to dog the kid. By all accounts a great kid. But I have him just like Hogan who I also think highly of.

Name
Craig Bowl
There is a difference between being a quarterback and imitating the things that quarterbacks do. These 3 guys are seem more interested in winning football games than some of the other guys. Call it chip on the shoulder or whatever. They came to play.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
I know all of the making a big showing on the big stage and grand entrance in LA but I'm looking further ahead. I don't want 15 minutes of fame, I want a dynasty. I don't want to win the battle, (ready fastest) I want to win the war. Stupid me, I'm still Wentz and being from Missouri, I wish we had another Harry Truman running. "The buck stops here."

Name
Chris
Ken. I wasn't listening very closely. I assumed he would make his pitch for Goff as he has in the past. Surprised the heck out of me. Tried to find a quote online when I got home and couldn't.

He did more research on Wentz. He learned Wentz worked under center in a pro-set (WCO) similar to the Rams and that he has ++ intelligence. He felt Wentz would have an easier transition.

---Kind of sad that he was stating an opinion with incomplete intel. Makes you wonder though.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

As far as Warner changing his mind and preferring Wentz, did you ever find a source to share? I've looked and haven't found anything.

Name
Craig Bowl
T
They should take one of the elite defensive players. I am sure their phones are ringing having positioned themselves at #2.

Make Bradford earn his supper.

Position themselves for next year but now with a solid defense.