Place Kicker Thread: Rams sign Kai Forbath

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Lirim is 30 and Kai is 33 still don't understand why we didn't sign Lirim.
He's a proven commodity in another league and I'm pretty sure the CFL and NFL are similar when it comes to kicking FGs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a proven commodity in another league and I'm pretty sure the CFL and NFL are similar when it comes to kicking FGs.
CFL isnt even comparable to D1, much less NFL
The dude cant even get a PS gig, what does that tell you?

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
CFL isnt even comparable to D1, much less NFL
The dude cant even get a PS gig, what does that tell you?

Yes, all of those CFL players that played in the top US colleges never improved playing professional football. In case you missed it two other teams have brought him in for a look.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, all of those CFL players that played in the top US colleges never improved playing professional football. In case you missed it two other teams have brought him in for a look.
Did they sign him?
CFL is fun to watch, it’s better quality than arena ball, but it’s nowhere near NFL level. Guys can make more money on an nfl practice squad than playing in Canada.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did they sign him?
CFL is fun to watch, it’s better quality than arena ball, but it’s nowhere near NFL level. Guys can make more money on an nfl practice squad than playing in Canada.
I live in Canada. This is an accurate description of both the talent level and pay scale.

tempests

Hall of Fame

Among other things, the hash marks are wider, and you're allowed to use a kicking tee.

baconandbread

Did they sign him?

You're moving the goalpost, but at least this is accurate...you consistently compare it to division 1. No one said it's the same level of the NFL, at the same time it's definitely not college level. They're professional players some of which were already on our practice squad in the past.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're moving the goalpost, but at least this is accurate...you consistently compare it to division 1. No one said it's the same level of the NFL, at the same time it's definitely not college level. They're professional players some of which were already on our practice squad in the past.
Moving what goal post? You know that means changing the subject right?
My post that you quoted said, "CFL isnt even comparable to D1, much less NFL
The dude cant even get a PS gig, what does that tell you? "
Liram doesnt have a job because being a proven commodity in the CFL means nothing.
Maybe read the thread yeah?
We're kicking with Kai and I'm for sure hoping for no gaffs in Miami.

baconandbread

Moving what goal post? You know that means changing the subject right?
My post that you quoted said, "CFL isnt even comparable to D1, much less NFL
The dude cant even get a PS gig, what does that tell you? "
Liram doesnt have a job because being a proven commodity in the CFL means nothing.
Maybe read the thread yeah?
We're kicking with Kai and I'm for sure hoping for no gaffs in Miami.

Actually moving the goalposts means to change the criteria of a discussion. Point stands that CFL is much better than D1 as a large amount of the players and coaches played their college ball there. I fully acknowledge it's not as good as the NFL. I don't honestly care about Lirim as he's not a Ram and may not even have been the best kicker in the CFL. On to Forbath..and hope he gets the job done because we've talked entirely too much about kickers this season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually moving the goalposts means to change the criteria of a discussion.
Which I didnt do, now the guy who changed the discussion to moving the goalpost? Yeah....

Point stands that CFL is much better than D1 as a large amount of the players and coaches played their college ball there.
Nah bro, nah
At best 1/2 the players from D1, and that's being generous. You can peruse the player list all you like, and some of these guys who played at D1 schools were merely on rosters of D1.

So I'm not sure why you wanted to divert the thread but well done for it
D1 sends players to the NFL year in and out, if CFL had close to the talent level of D1, they you'd see a littany of players jumping ship to the NFL year after year. Hence, the point about pay.

baconandbread

Which I didnt do, now the guy who changed the discussion to moving the goalpost? Yeah....

Nah bro, nah
At best 1/2 the players from D1, and that's being generous. You can peruse the player list all you like, and some of these guys who played at D1 schools were merely on rosters of D1.

So I'm not sure why you wanted to divert the thread but well done for it
D1 sends players to the NFL year in and out, if CFL had close to the talent level of D1, they you'd see a littany of players jumping ship to the NFL year after year. Hence, the point about pay.

You're the one who brought up the CFL, I just responded because I'm tired of seeing your opinion of the CFL in multiple threads. Good players can come from anywhere..even if they played in Cansda. In hindsight I should have just used the ignore button earlier. Adios!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seven pages of posts about this kicker? He must be better than Greg the Leg...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Seven pages of posts about this kicker? He must be better than Greg the Leg...

Well, the way I see it is, last year for the Cowboys he was 11-11 for field goals when he replaced Brett Maher. Forbath's touchback percentage was 65% something he said in his interview, he was working on.

IMO, McVay knew him in Washington and also came away impressed last season when Forbath kicked extremely well against the Rams, so there is a trust factor plus Forbath lives in West Hollywood and kicked collegiately at UCLA so he's happy to be kicking at home. Hopefully the stars are aligned and the Rams will be set for the next couple of years.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That FG attempt may be the worst thing for be seen inside a stadium...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could have sworn I was told this kicker I said wasn't much of an upgrade if an upgrade at all was automatic inside of 50.