Place Kicker Thread: Rams sign Kai Forbath

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I guess that means that Sloman is cut. I wish him well. I don't entirely trust Forbath, given that he's got limited range. I'd draft McPherson in a heartbeat, if that meant that our kicking problems could be solved with a great rookie.

@jrry32 Which round do you see McPherson going?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess that means that Sloman is cut. I wish him well. I don't entirely trust Forbath, given that he's got limited range. I'd draft McPherson in a heartbeat, if that meant that our kicking problems could be solved with a great rookie.

I have no idea. Don't even know if he'll declare.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Why hasn't Forbath "stuck" with a team? What's so wrong with him?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

He's been around and had three years with the Redskins, however, there is always a multitude of reasons why...I also believe he had an injury in Washington and another kicker came in and got hot. Last year Forbath was excellent for Dallas, let's hope that carries over in Los Angeles.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Not sure the Rams go in that direction in 2021, quite a few free agent kickers next year of course that can change overnight, but Kickers like Hopkins, Koo & Matt Prater just to post a few, IMO, I might sign one of them.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Placekickers don't get tablets, silly!
Correct. Instead of tablets, place kickers are given several triangular paper “footballs” to practice with while studying with players in a classroom setting. Hekker provides the 2 thumb uprights. Fact. Tongue firmly in cheek.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

$3.5 million in guarantees, not to mention an 8-year relationship with John Fassel, suggests that Greg Zuerlein is the favorite to win any kicker competition in Dallas. but, worth noting: Kai Forbath was 7-of-7 from 40-49 last year. Zuerlein was 5-of-11.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Correct. Instead of tablets, place kickers are given several triangular paper “footballs” to practice with while studying with players in a classroom setting. Hekker provides the 2 thumb uprights. Fact. Tongue firmly in cheek.

And you could kick paper football three different ways...Point up, low trajectory ala Samuel Sloman, point down, more air, however, distance suffered and the way I did it, on it's side, soccer style, seem to be able to get the best of both worlds.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
That's exactly what I was thinking. He seems to have good stats and has done decently well. Perhaps there's a wide array of reasons. As long as he comes in and does well, I don't give a crap.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Been gone for a few days and getting caught up and this thread is really entertaining.

Not boobie thread entertaining, but it has been fun.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
SilentSevereDungenesscrab-size_restricted.gif