Place Kicker Thread: Rams sign Kai Forbath

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just hoping we can find somebody who can consistently hit a XP.
I can understand being patient with a rookie kicker if he is rough around the edges
missing FG's here and there. But I have no patience for any kicker who not
only struggles with XP's , but struggles even getting the ball up in the air.
He is going to give one of our olinemen
a concussion. lol

Well, Forbath oddly enough has some reliability issues there lol.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Well, Forbath oddly enough has some reliability issues there lol.
6 games in and I haven't seen Sloman flash enough potential to warrant
more patience. I think the Rams are looking for Slomans replacement
while he continues playing. It doesn't matter to me if they replace him or if he
suddenly starts coming on and keeps his job.
I just don't want to go into the playoffs with a kicker that can't
be counted on to be consistent to some degree.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think in the long run Sloman can be a very good NFL Kicker. He just doesn't seem ready yet. I wasn't willing to crucify him after our first game or two, but we need more consistency.
Can he be stashed on the PS? Would anyone take up a space on that with a kicker who might be good at some point but who kicks an ugly, short, low trajectory ball?
Man we were spoilt rotten with Greg Z.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can he be stashed on the PS? Would anyone take up a space on that with a kicker who might be good at some point but who kicks an ugly, short, low trajectory ball?
Man we were spoilt rotten with Greg Z.

Looking at the Practice Squad I wonder if they are thinking of activating a linebacker to replace Obo. I certainly hope the plan is not to have two kickers on the roster. My feeling Forbath was kicking the best he had ever kicked with Dallas and could steady the ship. If you keep Sloman on the Practice Squad, he can compete next year for the job or if Forbath is overwhelming you could add a free agent too.

…..

Legend
I look at things so differently than alot of you.

1.You dont do alot of “developing” kickers. They either have “it” or they dont.

2. You dont “stash” a kicker on the PS. You release him because he sucked at kicking. If you are crazy enough to give him another try, he will still be unemployed and you can send him a bus ticket.

Good grief this all so serious over a rookie kicker who’s NFL career lasted a few weeks. Its over man, let him go use his degree.

welcome Kai Forbath

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Samwell" Sloman also has his hobbit community to support him in the event he is cut. He will forever be a hero among his people.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly don’t know how this is so much of a discussion....Sloman sucks. The question we need to answer is will forbath suck less

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Good move by Rams, lets see what Forbath has got...Can't be any worse than a dude who shanks XPs...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Sloman's biggest issue is his trajectories. His kicks get almost no height to them, thus either blocked or tipped. I can live with a bit of "wide left or right" But it also is an issue with his K.O.'s .. ... Hey...Can't we just pay more $$ to JH and let him handle both duties??

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
My issue with this signing well there are two like we already said Kai isn't good. Secondly and most importantly unless Lewis and Polite are ready for a bigger role we took likely our best OLB in Obo put him on the IR and didn't replace him. That's not good. I don't think Kai moves any needle anywhere but we just lost our best OLB and didn't do anything about it.
Didn't Obo Have surgery on that elbow? I don't think he was coming back anytime in the near future anyways. :unsure:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't Obo Have surgery on that elbow? I don't think he was coming back anytime in the near future anyways. :unsure:
Not all surgeries are created equal. Could be a scope could be more it hasn't been revealed to my knowledge what was done exactly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I look at things so differently than alot of you.

1.You dont do alot of “developing” kickers. They either have “it” or they dont.

2. You dont “stash” a kicker on the PS. You release him because he sucked at kicking. If you are crazy enough to give him another try, he will still be unemployed and you can send him a bus ticket.

Good grief this all so serious over a rookie kicker who’s NFL career lasted a few weeks. Its over man, let him go use his degree.

welcome Kai Forbath

I think this is too simplistic. At this point, I don't have much desire to keep going it with Sloman, but some Kickers do develop. And plenty of guys who had iffy rookie years went on to have good careers.