Pick #141 - Rams select TE Jacob Harris

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seems to be mostly a body catcher. Hopefully that's not because he is afraid to rely on his hands. I like the size and speed. Fingers crossed but he should at least pay dividends on ST.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Pretty happy about this pick. Worst case, he's an animal on ST. Best case, he develops into a Waller type of TE. Think he'll be somewhere in between.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Was I the only one creeped out by Raheem Morris announcing this pick?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kelce is a good example of a WR/TE.
— was watching the Warriors agian this week & I keep telling a friend. There’s your(Dremond) Point Forward.Dude can play the block on D” & start a Fast break after getting the boards.
Chick Hearns one of many was he goes coast to coast to lay it in.Coop-a-loop.He could post up a little,but mainly sat outside.
The game has changed & some of the shots these guys are putting up are insane.Larry Bird had it all.Dirk as well,J. Enbiid is finding his range.His ball handling is tight.Kevin Durant & know with Harden again.It’s crazy the skill level now.
Its just bigger, stronger, faster natural evolution of the human race. LeBron ushered in the new generation of FREAK athletes in the nba and the same thing has been happening for some time in the nfl. Its why i hate comparing new age athletes to the old days or visa versa. Not only did I learn in a statistics class why its impossible to make those comparisons but I think its silly to not understand that we as people evolve. Imagine Brand Jacobs who by all accounts was a forgettable running back playing back in the day when he was bigger than the average lineman. The game changes and evolves and I find it fascinating.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Its just bigger, stronger, faster natural evolution of the human race. LeBron ushered in the new generation of FREAK athletes in the nba and the same thing has been happening for some time in the nfl. Its why i hate comparing new age athletes to the old days or visa versa. Not only did I learn in a statistics class why its impossible to make those comparisons but I think its silly to not understand that we as people evolve. Imagine Brand Jacobs who by all accounts was a forgettable running back playing back in the day when he was bigger than the average lineman. The game changes and evolves and I find it fascinating.

I remember Vince Evans from USC playing for Da Bears & Walter Payton.
Now Justin Fields will get a chance in the Windy City. I know Jim Brown was at the top of his game & just walk away.Offensive Lineman were 250lbs & players had to work regular jobs in the offseason’s to survive & support a family.
Tonight Durant takes a 30 ft fade away off a timeout he’s thinking it will go in with 3.5 seconds.I don’t follow the game like I use to.Uni-a-Brow won a championship.
Baseball with out the Roids though has brought the numbers down.
-The Rams vs Niners will be interesting. Murray is a amazing athlete.In the NFL the game has evolved,but still there are concepts
that play into it as a whole.Mcvay has
Analytics that he is & will go by.There is such a metal part of the game as in situationally that can’t be added up.
-sorry for the ramble.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
The guy is more than track athletic. he got a scolarship from UCF for soccer. He was a striker so he has agility.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Huh? Kelce is 6'5 260# and is an elite blocker. Nothing WR about it unless just talking production?

You absolutely right.Totally different body frame.Kelce has bulked up,I have not watch him that closely as a blocker.Just always seeing Mahomes finding him wide openHis brother has been one of the better Centers in the NFL. The Rams don’t have very good blocking TE’s. Higbee missed the block that got Wolford hurt. All he had to do was stand still & would have been better than wah he did.His rookie year he got blown up on a play were the DE got under him & he went flying 5 yards behind the line.
We’ll see what things look like,but Johnny Mundt might get a lot of playing time,or a lot of split sets.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just like this pick more and more as I watch him. The guy has no prob with blocking, he gets right on his assignment and that teams background means he's a receiving talent who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

In the passing game he's not sudden in/out of breaks at that size so the Rams have it right moving him to TE. The dude covers ground though and that catch radius is real nice.

IMO this guy is going to stick and we're gonna end up with a nice player. He will be active on gameday all season due to teams and as he gets this offense down I'll bet they give him some looks and snaps before the season is out.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I just like this pick more and more as I watch him. The guy has no prob with blocking, he gets right on his assignment and that teams background means he's a receiving talent who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

In the passing game he's not sudden in/out of breaks at that size so the Rams have it right moving him to TE. The dude covers ground though and that catch radius is real nice.

IMO this guy is going to stick and we're gonna end up with a nice player. He will be active on gameday all season due to teams and as he gets this offense down I'll bet they give him some looks and snaps before the season is out.

If Hopkins works out well with Higbee, imagine a 12 Personnel set where Harris lines up as a WR in the red-zone. Towering inferno. :boom:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Looking forward to his development, McVay must be adding another element to the offense by applying (association) football elements to the game; having striker smarts will give him familiarity on exploiting open lanes on the field.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harris' biggest prob will be the lesser 12 sets we see this year. Probably 8 times out of 10 they'll prefer their Y type wideouts in the slot to their F options.

But he has an edge on so many of the F type TEs coming out every year in that he's a worker, the type who will get dirty. So I find myself wondering what happens if he learns the offense quickly. Can't help but think this guy is the type of big target Stafford may develop a love for. And if that happens watch out because this dude vs a typical slot DB or a LB is a mismatch, even when he's still a bit raw as a route runner. Stafford will put up jump balls no question.

Of all the positions this year on my watch list I'm probably most excited about the TE group. We have three young ones to watch IMO in Hopkins, Harris, and Skowronek. Three guys who are the types of mobile passing game weapons that McVay likes. Preseason is going to be great man, I pray we get a full sched of those games.

Psycho_X

Legend
I know we drafted him as a TE but I wouldn't be surprised to see McVay go back to using him like he used Sammy Watkins the one year he was here. He's not going to be a starter or on the field a ton but McVay loved using Watkins at the goal line on those tight, quick pass middle crossers and he was always the number 1 option there. I think the Rams really hoped Reynolds would turn into that guy but just never seemed to play physically for that role. Would go a long ways in helping our lackluster redzone offense since Gurley's decreased role.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Looking forward to his development, McVay must be adding another element to the offense by applying (association) football elements to the game; having striker smarts will give him familiarity on exploiting open lanes on the field.
As long as he can catch and time his jump which with the soccer background he should have down specifically playing the 9.
As you say he should naturally find space and be able to create room in traffic.
Soccer players have great footwork as a generalization.
Hope he picks up the route running and develops his hands he could be a fun watch.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I know we drafted him as a TE but I wouldn't be surprised to see McVay go back to using him like he used Sammy Watkins the one year he was here. He's not going to be a starter or on the field a ton but McVay loved using Watkins at the goal line on those tight, quick pass middle crossers and he was always the number 1 option there. I think the Rams really hoped Reynolds would turn into that guy but just never seemed to play physically for that role. Would go a long ways in helping our lackluster redzone offense since Gurley's decreased role.
Hope you're right. The red zone offense wasn't just lackluster, it was lacking altogether. Missing in action. Another serious weakness in last year's O, along with lack of deep speed and inconsistent line play especially at center.

I believe Akers and Jefferson will help in the red zone this year but we need another big end zone passing target in addition to Higbee. If Harris or Hopkins can step up that would be huge.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Harris has an intriguing skill set. A blend of size and speed. That 40 time would be bordering on elite speed. You would think a guy like that would be picked higher than 141. There has to be a reason. Maybe he'll be a good one down the road but I'm not expecting a lot his rookie year.

I wouldn't call him a tweener. A tweener would be not big enough for tight end and not fast enough for a WR. Not with that speed. There has to be some warts in his game that need to be refined.

dang

Legend
I wouldn’t focus on promoting the soccer skill set. There is a much higher level of physicality in the NFL than MLS/Professional soccer. With that said the Rams have not had a red zone target since Sammy Watkins so it’s exciting to think they may be addressing that deficiency with Hopkins/Harris/Skowronek.