Petition to Replace Vinovitch with a Different Ref

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The possibility of the NFL choosing winners instead of just letting teams play is another reason many of us worry. Just give us a fair gam

The players are involved too now right?

They are in on the big charade.?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So did we get a Ref change, or all for naught?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I’ve said it before it’s not just the calls vinovitch and crew will make tonight it’ll be about what they don’t call as well
Not giving the first down to Hekker in the first game is as bad as it gets imo. At the very least we have put pressure on Vinovich and his crew to call a fair game because it's gone public about the team's struggles against his refereeing.

KDS73

Rookie
So did we get a Ref change, or all for naught?

Seriously? The next time I see one of these petitions actually work will be the first. Might as well be yelling at the sky.

If anything, after looking at his stats, Vinovich seems like the perfect playoff game ref. A guy who swallows his whistle for the most part unless it's something blatantly obvious. That's what you want at this point in the season. A guy who will let the players decide the game on the field.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously? The next time I see one of these petitions actually work will be the first. Might as well be yelling at the sky.

If anything, after looking at his stats, Vinovich seems like the perfect playoff game ref. A guy who swallows his whistle for the most part unless it's something blatantly obvious. That's what you want at this point in the season. A guy who will let the players decide the game on the field.
No, not seriously

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I would prefer a ref that can spot the ball.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

I like to see teams play by the rules and have a more faith that my team will than their opponent. So refs that swallow their whistle seems like a disadvantage to me.

Refs are there to make sure the game is fair. Letting players violate the rules of the opposite of that. Therefore, Vbitch seems like a terrible ref for the postseason, regular season, preseason, and off season.

KDS73

Rookie
I like to see teams play by the rules and have a more faith that my team will than their opponent. So refs that swallow their whistle seems like a disadvantage to me.

Refs are there to make sure the game is fair. Letting players violate the rules of the opposite of that. Therefore, Vbitch seems like a terrible ref for the postseason, regular season, preseason, and off season.

If you're the better team, you want it to be decided by the players, not by the refs.

Have some of you actually looked at his stats, or are you just following the conspiracy theory crowd? Road teams have won 50% of the games he has reffed this year. That's about as fair as you can get.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not giving the first down to Hekker in the first game is as bad as it gets imo. At the very least we have put pressure on Vinovich and his crew to call a fair game because it's gone public about the team's struggles against his refereeing.
Totally disagree Johnny Hejjer didn’t get the first down & replay showed that .

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
upload_2019-1-20_12-29-51.jpeg

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark

Yeah, I don't like any sport where the rules change in the post season, such as basketball. It should be exactly the same as the regular season. Swallowing their whistles just sounds like Donald will be held that much more....

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you're the better team, you want it to be decided by the players, not by the refs.

Have some of you actually looked at his stats, or are you just following the conspiracy theory crowd? Road teams have won 50% of the games he has reffed this year. That's about as fair as you can get.
Yet surprisingly we are 0-8 since 2012

KDS73

Rookie
Yet surprisingly we are 0-8 since 2012

And? We were a pretty awful football team for a while until last season. Good luck finding any ref we have a winning record with starting from 2012.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

One of the nine calls in the first Saints game was a very obvious push off of Peters by Thomas. It was blatant. A ref was right in front of them but no flag.

That kind of thing can hurt or help a team as much as a bad call.

Another example is allowing Olinemen to mug Aaron Donald. He easily would have broke the sack record if Olinemen felt that they couldn’t get away with wrapping their arms around his neck.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Were any of those teams the Rams?

I also want to see the game decided by the players, not the refs. But if the players violate the rules and the refs do nothing, then the refs are deciding the game by allowing that to happen.

Let's say the Saints hit Goff late in almost every passing play, driving him into the ground with their full body weight. Goff gets injured on one of these bogus please, but no glad it's ever called. Who decided the game there? The refs. They could have stopped it earlier, but chose not to.

Or let's say their guard false starts a lot in an attempt to get ahead of Donald and uses that advantage to neutralize him (or slow him down significantly more than normal). The refs let it go. Who's helping decide the game there? The refs, because they would be allowing illegal activities that help one team over the other.

The game should be played fairly. The refs are there to ensure that happens. Otherwise, they ARE deciding the game by allowing penalties to happen without being called.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

It depends on the angle.

From one it looks like he got it. From another it looks like he was short.

And I think that's why it wasn't changed by the replay.

IMO he got it but they spotted it where his knee went down not where he was stretching his arm out with the ball.

DrMRAojU4AEd_w3.jpg

nighttrain

Legend
It depends on the angle.

From one it looks like he got it. From another it looks like he was short.

And I think that's why it wasn't changed by the replay.

IMO he got it but they spotted it where his knee went down not where he was stretching his arm out with the ball.

DrMRAojU4AEd_w3.jpg
Hekk got this..
train