Over My Dead Body

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Grasping? Laughable. And as far as my political standing...I do lean conservative, but I'm not going to follow any party or politician 100% just because they are wearing the color I lean toward the most. If you want to call me a lefty because of that it won't hurt my feelings. I'll just continue to vote based on my views, however anyone else might see them.

Man...I'm trying to discuss this reasonably with you but you really are putting blinders on to what these "few" people are claiming. You have decided that the term isn't offensive because you don't see it as offensive and are deflecting the issue into something else entirely.

I should have stepped away from the discussion a while back because I knew then, just as I do now, we are only spinning our wheels in the mud and I don't want this discussion to escalate into something it doesn't need to be.

You disagree with me. And I disagree with you. I respect your opinion so rather than bicker I'll leave it at that and look forward to a future discussion. :cheers:

No blinders at all, there are some people genuinely offended,I get that, but that's no basis for public policy,I haven't decided the term isn't offensive ,I've decided to take the people using the term at their word instead of projecting my ideas on their words .
And BTW thatnks for saying you are "reasonably" discussing this and implying thereby that I am not and then ending your post that way, fill it with insults and then agree to disagree,that's not "respect".
So yeah last post before it degenerates further.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yeah, I wasn't singling you out. It was just a general observation.
And I don't lock threads anymore.
You don't need to ,unless someone quotes me I'm done with this one

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No blinders at all, there are some people genuinely offended,I get that, but that's no basis for public policy,I haven't decided the term isn't offensive ,I've decided to take the people using the term at their word instead of projecting my ideas on their words .
And BTW thatnks for saying you are "reasonably" discussing this and implying thereby that I am not and then ending your post that way, fill it with insults and then agree to disagree,that's not "respect".
So yeah last post before it degenerates further.
Sorry you took it that way. It wasn't my intention...I felt many times that there was attempt to question my intelligence by the tone (Such as, that I "think I'm republican"...as though I must meet a certain criteria). Apologies if that was misinterpreted on my end. I have always gotten along with you and this topic just seems to have drawn a different tone between the two of us. I meant no disrespect and I don't think at the core you did either...that's all I was trying to say.

Have a great my friend.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Sorry you took it that way. It wasn't my intention...I felt many times that there was attempt to question my intelligence by the tone (Such as, that I "think I'm republican"...as though I must meet a certain criteria). Apologies if that was misinterpreted on my end. I have always gotten along with you and this topic just seems to have drawn a different tone between the two of us. I meant no disrespect and I don't think at the core you did either...that's all I was trying to say.

Have a great my friend.
Actually what I said was " if you really do back the Republican party 99% you only think you're a conservative" because the Republican party isn't conservative, it's just liberal on different issues than Dems. to clarify my what I said.
So I'd say there was some misinterpretation/ reading .
I ALMOST never question someones intelligence man,it's a dishonest way to argue and I dislike it and really means you've run out of ideas ,what you've gotten from me in this thread is a piecemeal recounting of about a half of the problems I have with the presumptuous way people are demanding Snyder surrender his rights,I see their attack on his as an attack on all our rights and GUILTY I get pretty wound up about that, too many people in this country are willing to watch others get hosed because it isn't their ox and it's easier to go along to get along.

But ya know bud ,sporting a screen name like your's it strikes me as a little strange you would be offended if someone intimated they were "better than you". Just sayin'.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Actually what I said was " if you really do back the Republican party 99% you only think you're a conservative" because the Republican party isn't conservative, it's just liberal on different issues than Dems. to clarify my what I said.
So I'd say there was some misinterpretation/ reading .
I ALMOST never question someones intelligence man,it's a dishonest way to argue and I dislike it and really means you've run out of ideas ,what you've gotten from me in this thread is a piecemeal recounting of about a half of the problems I have with the presumptuous way people are demanding Snyder surrender his rights,I see their attack on his as an attack on all our rights and GUILTY I get pretty wound up about that, too many people in this country are willing to watch others get hosed because it isn't their ox and it's easier to go along to get along.

But ya know bud ,sporting a screen name like your's it strikes me as a little strange you would be offended if someone intimated they were "better than you". Just sayin'.
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/whats-the-story-behind-your-name.26652/

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah I accept YOUR intent when you state it, maybe you aught to accept Snyder's
Enough already man...what the heck is your deal? You questioned my name and I just showed you the story behind it and you are just dragging me back into the debate which I thought we agreed to disagree. You want to keep it up and start getting nasty? Because I don't...I respect this forum too much for that. Snyder's intent? Last time I checked things can be disparaging regardless of intent.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Enough already man...what the heck is your deal? You questioned my name and I just showed you the story behind it and you are just dragging me back into the debate which I thought we agreed to disagree. You want to keep it up and start getting nasty? Because I don't...I respect this forum too much for that. Snyder's intent? Last time I checked things can be disparaging regardless of intent.
My deal? I replied to your quote.
And you might want to take some time to consider the reply instead of issuing more recrimination,as far as getting nasty ,no I'm not going to do that I'd council against it.
I will say this part of your explanation,"It really pissed a bunch of folks off...I didn't care."
gave me some pause

bluecoconuts

Legend
Why does the political party backing mean anything? If the other side was backing the name change would your opinion change? If so then that's not a good reason to thump your chest over the issue.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Which is the law. The law states that disparaging terms cannot be trademarked. Meaning you can't go and trade mark the N word or anything like that. The debate was if the word was considered disparaging or not, and after reviewing complaints and looking back at the team over the years they settled on it was. Meaning they had to cancel it due to what the law says.

Which again does not violate the first amendment. If they threw Snyder in jail or the government fined him then sure. However following the law doesn't violate it.

Well, it's still a violation of Daniel Snyder's liberty to force him to change the name of his team because of someone else's asinine opinion about it. What difference does it make if it's a trademark or not? Keep in mind, I'm just speaking in terms of general liberty and rights. I don't care about individual laws, I only care about individual liberty. There may be a few instances where today's laws actually protect individual liberty, but we're moving to a situation where the majority of laws on the books today actually violate individual liberty.

In the end, my question is - why is Daniel Snyder's liberty being violated FOR THOSE who don't like the name his team has? Is their liberty really being violated because of an offensive name? No, it's not. Otherwise I can think of a lot of names which offend me. I'm sure Obama, Pelosi, Boehnor, Reid's names offend a helluva lot more people than the "Redskins" ever would.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
BTW, My home state (and Bradfords) is Oklahoma..

The name Oklahoma comes from the Choctaw phrase okla humma, literally meaning red people.

OMG!! Strip us of our state name now!