Over My Dead Body

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Watched Jim Rome last night, Al Micheals segment , AM said he asked Dan Snyder about a Redskins name change,that was DS reply "over my dead body".

I've heard the word Nazi's have hired Bruce Willis:p

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't think of Jim Rome without thinking Chrissie Evert. :LOL:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hope the owners don't pressure him.

This whole thing is a tremendous over-reaction by the overly sensitive world we live in.

WTF!

We allow curse words and nudity on TV these days... And the term "Redskins" not directed toward anyone in a derogatory way, is offensive?

How about people redirect their effort toward a good cause instead of this silliness.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't think of Jim Rome without thinking Chrissie Evert. :LOL:
They covered that last night too, Micheals was expected to bag on Rome the very next day after that happened ,but he showed and maybe saved JR's career, JR had his nose fully up where Micheals splits

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I hope the owners don't pressure him.

This whole thing is a tremendous over-reaction by the overly sensitive world we live in.

WTF!

We allow curse words and nudity on TV these days... And the term "Redskins" not directed toward anyone in a derogatory way, is offensive?

How about people redirect their effort toward a good cause instead of this silliness.

It ain't about right and wrong CG it's about power, the WNA (Word Nazi's of America) know, he who controls the language control all.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have information from the highest authority that the Washington Redskins are going to relocate to Manila in the Philippines and be renamed the Folders...That should satisfy the powers that be and the powers that want to be!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Dan Snyder on name change: “Over my dead body”
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 13, 2014

dan-snyder.jpg
AP

At a time when public pressure seems greater than ever, Redskins owner Dan Snyder seems to be digging in deeper on the subject of his team’s nickname.

During an interview with Jim Rome on Showtime this week, NBC Sunday Night Football play-by-play man Al Michaels was asked if he thought Snyder would try to hang onto the name despite the complaints.

It seems to me as if he is going to hold on,” Michaels said, via the Washington Post. “I mean all of the sudden — I mean, for 70-some odd years this was a zero issue, and then it became an issue. I understand we live in this politically correct environment. It’s crazier than ever; you know, senators want to weigh in on this, like there’s nothing better to do in Congress. This becomes a big issue. I mean, I just think it’s nuts.

“And I do know, I’ve talked to Snyder about it — not recently but when we were in Washington last year — and he basically said ‘over my dead body.’”

The defiant stance is nothing new from Snyder, which is unsurprising since rich people seldom like hearing they’re wrong.

But when respected players (and former players) such as Champ Bailey chime in, and name-change commericals air during the NBA Finals to a nationwide audience, at some point the voices may turn into a roar that Snyder can no longer pretend to not hear.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The move is purely political. That's where all these issues start and finish.

There is no good reason to make the team change their name this far into their history. The last thing I want is my federal tax dollars going to buy out all the Redskin merchandise in some kind of "deal" to help soften the blows of the name change.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can't stand jim rome. It started when he dissed Jim and then screamed like the little bitch that he is, but his "stick" is tired and lame. He's a total poser. Not to mention that I had a great dog years ago that I named after Jim (Blade).

I never listen or watch that jackhole... and that's never going to change for me.

How could you stand it watching him @Thordaddy ? Hahahahaha

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I can't stand jim rome. It started when he dissed Chris and then screamed like the little bitch that he is, but his "stick" is tired and lame. He's a total poser. Not to mention that I had a great dog years ago that I named after Chris (Blade).

I never listen or watch that jackhole... and that's never going to change for me.

How could you stand it watching him @Thordaddy ? Hahahahaha

I don't much like the turd either,never have, learned about the Jim Everett thing here , but he has great guests and they make a lot of thought provoking albeit usually PC points .
No one is a bigger Jackhole as you put it than Bill Maher but I watch his show too.
BTW did I mention that if it ain't about power where does the money to have name change commercials during NBA playoff end up benefiting ordinary every day Native Ams.? I doesn't it benefits the champions who must HAVE downtrodden people or they aren't champions.
And did I whisper when I said FUCK Champ Bailey? he ain't even a Bronco no mo!
He now plays for a team that uses as it's mascot a word Catholics could get butt hurt over if they were so disposed ,dumb mother stabin, father raper ,GOD I LOVE WHEN PC CAN EAT IT'S OWN.
How long do ya think the Super Dome would stand in they called themselves the Nawlins Imams ?
People need to as CG says tilt windmills that matter

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
This subject is killing me and after listening to the news go on and on about the commercial, I asked myself this:

"With all of the social and economic problems that Native Americans suffer through, a football team named, "Redskins" is their top priority? I'm 43 years old and have never heard the word used in 43 years besides the football team. I do not and assume most Native Americans do not associate "redskins" with a negative slang.

It's the same reason I do not associate the word, "Cracker" as a negative slang word. As others have stated, how many words have changed over the generations. Redskins no longer has any ties to what it once was and hasn't for decades!

Ok, stepping down from the soap box

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I hope they keep nagging and nagging and nagging and Synder keeps laughing at them. It if f'ing ridiculous and any politician who gets involved should get voted out of office.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The name should have been changed. Goodel needs to make him change it

Yeah , then they need to suspend the rest of those cumbersome rights people have so the WNA (Word Nazis of America) can tell us all what to say AND what to eat AND where to live and , wait, they're already doing that.

When did it change ? There was a time when it was a very popular saying, "although I may not agree with what you say ,I will defend to the death your right to say it", word police:rolleyes:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Next there'll be a petition to change the name of the White House to the House of all Color. Of course if that happens they'll have to repaint it because...oh nevermind. :rolleyes:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Next there'll be a petition to change the name of the White House to the House of all Color. Of course if that happens they'll have to repaint it because...oh nevermind. :rolleyes:
Next ? well maybe how many children you are allowed, it's serious business when 50 Senators sworn to uphold the constitution band together to deny a basic constitutional right like freedom of speech. Or hell maybe burning books.