OLD THREAD-Trade (speculation) Matt Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont get what the hell is going on??? Is Stafford really that much better than Goff? All over the local LA radio stations and national media they all are dissing Goff like he’s the worst QB in the NFL. They treat him like the red headed stepchild. Is it because Snead and McVays recent comments about Goff insinuating he is not the guaranteed starting QB next season? BTW Les Snead is a POS-I’ve had enough of him ever since the Fisher days-I wish he was canned at the same time. He gives out shitty contracts left and right and gets absolutely NO BLAME!! Its not because of him that the Rams have been successful since 2017-its in SPITE of him. If the Rams trade Goff AND serious draft capital for Matthew Stafford Montana then Im done with this team until Snead is fired
I just can't understand in what world Stafford is more valuable to anybody than Jared Goff. Maybe if I get shit faced drunk it'll make sense. I'll let you know tomorrow if that works.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I just can't understand in what world Stafford is more valuable to anybody than Jared Goff. Maybe if I get shit faced drunk it'll make sense. I'll let you know tomorrow if that works.

At last, an effective approach to analyzing the Rams' offseason qb strategy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At last, an effective approach to analyzing the Rams' offseason qb strategy.
So I've got some Five Finger Death Punch playing right now and some of this in a glass.

HeavensDoor_WhiteBottles_2_300.jpg

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
"Steve Yzerman isn't a winner he can't win in the playoffs"

"Andrew Whitworth is a career loser why did we sign him?"

I didn't say it was Stafford's fault. But losing every playoff game you've started is not a recommendation either.

I think Goff has won three. 3-3 altogether if I've got it right. One with a broken thumb. One on the road in New Orleans.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

:giggle::D

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
NO, wheres the cap money going to come from? The Rams will use smoke and mirrors and have to release guys as it is to sign their priority extensions. It makes no sense.

Sean needs to man up and admit his role in the offensive decline. He's retarded Goff's development then wonders why he has been slow to develop? His finesse offense has gone stale and has been exposed.

1. Get a real QB coach for Goff.
2. Change the offense to incorporate a power run game. If teams aren't afraid of a power inside run game the play action really doesn't work.
3. Get out of Goff's ear pre-snap and allow Goff to make his own reads instead of having to rely on McVay's reads which will be wrong
because the defenses now change in the last 15 seconds. Allow Goff to break the huddle with more than 5 seconds so he can make his reads. All those unnecessary time outs and delay of game penalties are on McVay most often than not. Sean needs to quit micro-managing each freaking play.

The change in QB play starts with McVay. Sean needs to change how he uses Goff. Remember all the times I've said that how well a player plays has as much to do with how he's used as much as the player's talent. In 2018 Goff showed he has elite talent. So if it's not being exploited properly that is 100% on Sean McVay.

Spot on. Sadly, McVay will never man up to his own role in the offense declining. He is a micromanager with a huge ego. I suspect that is why our staff are leaving, just as much as anything. Prove me wrong, Sean. Innovate. Get the most out of your players. I want to see the offense look like it's having fun playing football out there. Haven't seen it since 2018. The "we not me" coach quickly seems to have become a dictator lacking in self awareness.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I didn't say it was Stafford's fault. But losing every playoff game you've started is not a recommendation either.

I don't see why it matters honestly. It should not affect your analysis of the player at all IMO. It's the way clickbait/ESPN types think not football people.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Spot on. Sadly, McVay will never man up to his own role in the offense declining. He is a micromanager with a huge ego. I suspect that is why our staff are leaving, just as much as anything. Prove me wrong, Sean. Innovate. Get the most out of your players. I want to see the offense look like it's having fun playing football out there. Haven't seen it since 2018. The "we not me" coach quickly seems to have become a dictator lacking in self awareness.

He's morphing into McMartz from McVay.

Rams77

Starter
Ive thought about it-what if the Rams/Snead are trying to get Goff and his agent to rework his contract by acting in this manner?? Basically Goffs trade value plummets-no takers with his current deal-and then Goff works hard in the off-season and he has a nice season next year with a more affordable contract. Win-win- Rams keep a young promising 26 year old starting QB on a friendly manageable contract. Or Goff reworks the contract he has a terrible year and the Rams can dump him. Or Goff and his agent can say no to a rework and next year is a complete shitshow

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Again just chatter. McVay needs to pump the brakes on the Goff wake-up call.

I've seen Gruden use this tactic. He's not anyone you need to look up to McVay, just another coach like yourself. I've seen Chucky make this mistake, and it's better for you to learn from his errors. I.e. most recently Feliciano.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Might as well put a Hoax tag on the title. F’kn internet everyone is a critic nowadays. What drives up stock? Speculation.... Same concept.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I've seen Gruden use this tactic.

It isn't a tactic he is a smart football mind and sees what everyone else sees about Goff. Tremendous arm talent who still struggles at everything else it takes to be a successful QB in the NFL, and, if they're willing to move on with dead money, they probably feel has no appetite to get better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It isn't a tactic he is a smart football mind and sees what everyone else sees about Goff. Tremendous arm talent who still struggles at everything else it takes to be a successful QB in the NFL, and, if they're willing to move on with dead money, they probably feel has no appetite to get better.

This comment is way off the mark.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ive thought about it-what if the Rams/Snead are trying to get Goff and his agent to rework his contract by acting in this manner?? Basically Goffs trade value plummets-no takers with his current deal-and then Goff works hard in the off-season and he has a nice season next year with a more affordable contract. Win-win- Rams keep a young promising 26 year old starting QB on a friendly manageable contract. Or Goff reworks the contract he has a terrible year and the Rams can dump him. Or Goff and his agent can say no to a rework and next year is a complete shitshow
Then IMO for what it's worth they're doing a shit ass job of that.

808RAMS

Rookie
Name
Spencer
Someone needs to light a fire under Goff’s @ss. He plays with no urgency or passion to score. The #1 pick needs a swift kick in the butt.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Goff got the Rams to a super bowl. To my surprise he played well against GB. If we invest resources in protecting him, he can win the big game.