OLD THREAD-Trade (speculation) Matt Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think a lot of people are overlooking the kind of QB Stafford is and what he brings to the table. Stafford has been underrated for a long time. He would definitely be an upgrade over Goff, albeit a smaller one than Watson obviously. He is older, and has battled some injuries recently, and doesn't offer mobility. So I get people not wanting to make the move. Giving up a lot of picks for him I agree doesn't make sense. But IF we were to make this move, we would have upgraded at QB. But I personally don't think it's worth it.

If the reports are to be believed, the 9ers are offering 2 x 2nds and 2 x 3rds for Stafford. That's some serious jack in THIS draft.

It's not a 1, but you KNOW Brad Holmes knows what to do with that much draft capital. And unless it's a high 1 for a generational player, I'd much rather have what the 9ers are offering.

I feel confident they get it done.

And yes, Stafford will be better with Shanahan behind him... I hope we play them early because I think they'll be a really tough out late...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford has 1 season over 100 QBR, Goff has 2
Career QBR, Stafford 89.9, Goff 91.5
Comp % Stafford 62.6, Goff 63.4
Stafford has 177 turnovers in 165 career games, which is 17 per 16 game season
Goff has 74 turnovers in 69 career games, which is 17 per 16 game season
Stafford career 7.2 YPA, Goff 7.5
Down the line the stats are really close

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hope they do it, I really do. Stafford's an upgrade over Garappolo, but not that much - and I'd love to see them with less picks.

Having the 9ers losing that much ammo would make my heart happy cuz that much in this draft is a mint.

It really is.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To the people saying stafford isn't a statical upgrade, that speaks volumes about goff that the front office would move laterally and eat dead cap just to escape him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To the people saying stafford isn't a statical upgrade, that speaks volumes about goff that the front office would move laterally and eat dead cap just to escape him.

Hmmmm, did i miss the news that the Rams traded for Stafford?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmmmm, did i miss the news that the Rams traded for Stafford?

No but apparently you missed the news that everyone in here is literally discussing. But I'm so tired of interacting with some of these condescending, childish tones around here. Please move on. Thanks

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No but apparently you missed the news that everyone in here is literally discussing. But I'm so tired of interacting with some of these condescending, childish tones around here. Please move on. Thanks

What news? Rumours aren't news. Talk your crap when the Rams actually trade for stafford.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What news? Rumours aren't news. Talk your crap when the Rams actually trade for stafford.

Calling something a rumor just because you yourself can't confirm it doesn't mean there's no nugget Of truth. goodbye.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a lot of people are overlooking the kind of QB Stafford is and what he brings to the table. Stafford has been underrated for a long time. He would definitely be an upgrade over Goff, albeit a smaller one than Watson obviously. He is older, and has battled some injuries recently, and doesn't offer mobility. So I get people not wanting to make the move. Giving up a lot of picks for him I agree doesn't make sense. But IF we were to make this move, we would have upgraded at QB. But I personally don't think it's worth it.
I got the feeling we were looking for a mobile QB. I guess Stafford ducks a little faster than Goff.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
For me it is just to much of a short term solution. I get it that some of our better players are getting closer to the end than the beginning of their stay in the league. Windows close fast and we have a competitive team that is only 4ish positional upgrades/additions short of a real run at the title. I do believe as a straight up 1 year comparison Stafford would be better than Goff, would it be enough to warrant a move? I don't know but if you are going to make a splash in the QB market.........Do A Cannonball so I would probably pass

Rams77

Starter
I dont get what the hell is going on??? Is Stafford really that much better than Goff? All over the local LA radio stations and national media they all are dissing Goff like he’s the worst QB in the NFL. They treat him like the red headed stepchild. Is it because Snead and McVays recent comments about Goff insinuating he is not the guaranteed starting QB next season? BTW Les Snead is a POS-I’ve had enough of him ever since the Fisher days-I wish he was canned at the same time. He gives out shitty contracts left and right and gets absolutely NO BLAME!! Its not because of him that the Rams have been successful since 2017-its in SPITE of him. If the Rams trade Goff AND serious draft capital for Matthew Stafford Montana then Im done with this team until Snead is fired