OL this year (How it looks right now)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
How about a synopsis for those of us not subscribing to the Athletic ...
It's a podcast that's free and while there's nothing earth shattering that I can just rattle off it really is a nice analysis of where we're at and what may have got us there.

Just don't have the time today.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO
The staff needs to do a better job of identifying the best 5 much earlier than they have.

As it stands, There’s not enough camp or pre season to develop any continuity once the best 5 have been identified. Week 1 is not the time to be asking your best 5 to start gelling as a unit.

McVay alluded to this in one of his pressers last week. He played it down a bit though. It’s likely why our OL seems to come out of the gate shaky seemingly every year.
It seems like they are too concerned whether a player can play more than one position, instead of finding the best 5 and letting them settle there.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
It seems like they are too concerned whether a player can play more than one position, instead of finding the best 5 and letting them settle there.
The Rams may be a little shell shocked from last years O-Line injury list. But yes I agree with you.

RamWoodie

Legend
It's gonna shake out by final cuts...that we know. When it comes to Boom, be carful what you ask for because as I see it Boom is the most versatle guy.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Anchrum average annual salary is 842k.

Boom average annual salary is 13.3 M.

Wonder if those numbers factor in to the decision making at all.

Also sounds like Anchrum would be an UFA agent next year. Whereas I think Boom would be in the last year of his 3-year 40 M contract next year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Anchrum average annual salary is 842k.

Boom average annual salary is 13.3 M.

Wonder if those numbers factor in to the decision making at all.

Also sounds like Anchrum would be an UFA agent next year. Whereas I think Boom would be in the last year of his 3-year 40 M contract next year.

Retaining preferred UFA's next year should be a smoother process since we'll be in much better CAP shape. We still don't really know what Anchrum is, but if he has an outstanding season, and being only 25 y.o., I suspect the Rams will bring him back.
jmo.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Jourdan also calls the Rams plan for the Oline as messy. That sucks to hear that from her. In my opinion I hope the Rams come to their senses and remember how terrible Note was at guard. They have to run and protect Stafford.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He ain't a little behind, he is Bobby 'fucking Evans behind. His main obstacle is any defensive lineman across from him. You might as well give me a roster spot, I can let people run by me too. In all honesty, I hope he improves to where he's worth keeping but I just don't see/heard it so far. No wasted rosters spots!
I wouldn't put Bruss in Bobby Evans camp yet since he's coming off a major injury very early into his rookie year. Bruss is essentially a rookie again this year unfortunately as a result. Gotta give him time to develop if possible. Unless someone else completely shows out and Bruss keeps shitting the bed will it be entertained in my opinion. Should be a few interesting weeks here.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Jourdan also calls the Rams plan for the Oline as messy. That sucks to hear that from her. In my opinion I hope the Rams come to their senses and remember how terrible Note was at guard. They have to run and protect Stafford.

And there was a lot of talk about front office not quite being aligned with coaching staff and picking lineman.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
And there was a lot of talk about front office not quite being aligned with coaching staff and picking lineman.
It was dispointing to hear that from her. I gotta be honest I'm a little down about our team right now. I've got this bad feeling that the Oline will not be ready to start the season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if they start noteboom at rg just because of his salary that will be very disappointing. they better suck it up and play the best players on the oline. wasn't last season bad enough for them?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes, why play Anchrum at RG when he's going to be an UFA next season. We gotta play Noteboom somewhere cause he's getting paid more than all the otherOL.

Who cares if he's any good. It's the American way.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yes, why play Anchrum at RG when he's going to be an UFA next season. We gotta play Noteboom somewhere cause he's getting paid more than all the otherOL.

Who cares if he's any good. It's the American way.

I'm still of the belief the Rams are trying to set up a trade scenario with Noteboom sometime prior to the October deadline.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
think he's still have some gas in the tank, and easily start at RG for us. A vet we could use