OL this year (How it looks right now)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Blaine Grisak.jpeg

TexasRam

Legend
This week's practices and game vs. the Raiders might tell the Rams quite a bit.

From what I've read, the Raiders DLine really handled the 49ers OLine this week in joint practices and they are destroying them today in the preseason game. And Crosby didn't even suit up.:sur:
You got that right. The Raiders Dline is going to help us seperate the boys from the men so to speak. Assuming we have any Men on that Oline. This week will reshuffle some opinions me thinks.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
They kept Anchrum in all game...

You don't really do that with your starters. I'd say Noteboom's got a really strong chance to take the right guard spot from him in practices with the Raiders coming up.

Maybe Anchrum has looked decent and gotten all the snaps at RG in camp but now that Noteboom has lost out on LT, they feel he offers more there?
I'm thinking that they just want to get a really good look at Anchrum.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm thinking that they just want to get a really good look at Anchrum.

Ehhh... I have no dog in the fight, just want the best RG to start but I don't think you put your starter in that position for that long. I think there's definitely a lane there for Boom to take the job.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You got that right. The Raiders Dline is going to help us seperate the boys from the men so to speak. Assuming we have any Men on that Oline. This week will reshuffle some opinions me thinks.
Hate to say it, but it wouldn't surprise me if we get schooled at those joint practices.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know what the snap counts were for the linemen. Jackson and Avila played some and I believe they are projected starters. Anchrum got a long look. I think maybe the starting five isn't quite settled. They probably have an idea but are flexible enough to make a change if they see some things in practice and games.

So far I'm thinking left to right is Jackson, Avila, Allen, Noteboom, Havenstein. But honestly I think I'd rather see Shelton at center. If Noteboom plays as poorly at RG as he did LG in the past I think Shelton would have to be the RG if Allen is at center. But they may not see it that way.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My question:

Can this team really afford to hold roster spots for a guy who can only play center (Allen) AND a guy who might be able to only play RT (Bruss) at the same time? Perhaps one, but both??
I concur, if Bruss does not improve in the next two preseason games and the scrimmages against Las Vegas & Denver, then he is an easy cut with the option to bring back on the practice squad.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I concur, if Bruss does not improve in the next two preseason games and the scrimmages against Las Vegas & Denver, then he is an easy cut with the option to bring back on the practice squad.

Does anyone know if there's any guaranteed money left on his contract?

nighttrain

Legend
Ehhh... I have no dog in the fight, just want the best RG to start but I don't think you put your starter in that position for that long. I think there's definitely a lane there for Boom to take the job.
Boom wants to be the starting LT, if he aint, I think he's mailing it in. that's kinda what i call a chump..
train

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Looks like Jackson will be the LT which is fine. He's a bit more physical than Noteboom since Joe's injury. He's not the same. I think they will try to start him at RG to get used to playing on the right side and then start him at RT in 2024. That will give them time to see if McClendon can make the transition to RG in 2024.

I think center will come down to the wire. I think Allen will start but I'm not confident he can finish the season. If he goes out then I think Shelton takes over going forward with McAllister at backup.

OL 2023
LT Jackson
LG Avila
C Allen
RG Noteboom
RT Havenstein

Swings: OT/OG Thomas, OT/OG Bruss, C/OG McAllister, C/OG Shelton

OL 2024

LT Jackson
LG Avila
C Shelton or McAllister
RG McClendon
RT Noteboom

Swings: OT/OG Thomas, OT/OG Bruss, C/OG McAllister, C/OG Maginn

I have no problem with either OL configuration. In 2024 the OG could be the strength of the OL.

The run attack this year will be primarily to the left which is where they will be strongest this year. In 2024 if McClendon can play RG then the run attack should be very balanced either left, right or inside.
Question: Assuming they like Boom over Anchrum because he has a higher ceiling, I get it. But we would agree that Anchrum is better at this moment until Joe gets acclimated, right? If so, on that premise, with you starting Allen, isn't Shelton at RG putting the best 5 on the field for Seattle?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Question: Assuming they like Boom over Anchrum because he has a higher ceiling, I get it. But we would agree that Anchrum is better at this moment until Joe gets acclimated, right? If so, on that premise, with you starting Allen, isn't Shelton at RG putting the best 5 on the field for Seattle?
The Rams will make that decision after the scrimmages.

Wendle will figure who the best 5.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I'm a little concerned Joe Noteboom has never played right guard--(in his football career) Anchrum will be the starting right guard.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I am more concerned about the DL than I am the OL at this point.

Hoping they can upgrade with a waiver wire claim from a team trying to sneak a promising player on to the PS. Need more size and athletic ability. Williams can go...I have seen enough of him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some of these depth guys are intriguing I agree. McCallister yes but also Thomas. McClendon has been fun to watch too.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Some of these depth guys are intriguing I agree. McCallister yes but also Thomas. McClendon has been fun to watch too.
Yeah, I think the young depth is better this year than it has been in the past. More guys with upside.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Re Noteboom:

Big Whit implied Noteboom was moving to guard, or at least could handle it. Know he has been at camp, but can anybody be sure where he’s gonna play? Not yet, I would think.

My question is: Shouldn’t we see Noteboom this week? Jackson took the field in game 1. Why wouldn’t they give Noteboom some playing time, especially at RG, if that’s where he’s gonna end up?