OFFICIAL OL injuries and recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Confused.

What field are you referring to? SoFi or Ford Field?

Avila, Dotson and Noteboom were all injured in Detroit.

Havenstein was injured on a Training Camp field. Not at SoFi
Isn't Ford field and sofi turf?

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Isn't Ford field turf?
I was simply trying to clarify what field you were talking about.

Another poster specifically replied to your post and referenced SoFi, with an attached article.

As to Ford Field, it's turf but not sure the type. Regardless, the Lions also played on it.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
I was simply trying to clarify what field you were talking about.

Another poster specifically replied to your post and referenced SoFi, with an attached article.

As to Ford Field, it's turf but not sure the type. Regardless, the Lions also played on it.

According to articles players average 20% more likely to injure themselves on turf. Some articles say it's even hight in the 48% percentile but they don't seem legit so I won't post it.
I gotcha tho, I was just confused lol.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Beaux Limmer settles in for a full week at center​

Sep 12, 2024 at 10:14 AM
2024-stu-jackson-headshot

Stu Jackson
Senior Staff Writer

WOODLAND HILLS, Calif. – Between the raucous primetime crowd and the suddenness in which he had to enter the game, it's understandable that Rams rookie offensive lineman Beaux Limmer had some nerves.

"Beaux Limmer's first snap was a little high and hot, but he had some juice, which I can imagine," quarterback Matthew Stafford said postgame Sunday, smiling. "First snap in the NFL, pistol (formation) on the road, here we go, we handled it. The rest of the day was smooth operating."

"It's unbelievable," Limmer told theRams.com. "I mean, it's definitely the craziest crowd I've ever been a part of. So going into that first snap, definitely nerves were elevated more than more than usual, but after the first snap it's just football."

Fortunately for Limmer, he'll have a full game week to prepare for the next time he's in the starting lineup, which will likely be this Sunday against the Cardinals at State Farm Stadium.

Limmer is the expected starting center after Jonah Jackson slid over to left guard in wake of Steve Avila's knee injury, which landed Avila on Injured Reserve yesterday.

Those injuries and changes in the season opener couldn't have been foreseen last month. But, in hindsight, Limmer's snaps at center in preseason games, and especially with the first team offense in joint practices with the Houston Texans, proved more valuable than Los Angeles may have realized.

"It started with preseason games, and then got an opportunity to work with the first team, with Matthew and all them in Houston," Limmer said. "And then this last game in Detroit, just kind of all that stacks on, stacks on, stacks on. I'll have a full week of practice with them this week, and hopefully just continue on what I had from last week and get better this week."

Stafford's poise and clear communication in the midst of all those changes was critical for the Rams against the Lions. That type of leadership from the 16-year veteran helps a rookie like Limmer play with confidence.

"Having someone like him behind me, if I ever make a wrong call, he's going to get it right," Limmer said. "So that gives me a lot of confidence."

Head coach Sean McVay said Limmer has "answered the bell" every time he's gotten opportunities, and sees that trend continuing against the Cardinals.

"I was really pleased with him in that atmosphere, that environment (at Ford Field) to handle it the way that he did," McVay said. "I wouldn't say that I was surprised though based on what I've seen from him. It was impressive and yes, he will get some work moving forward. I have a lot of confidence in Beaux."

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Having someone like him behind me, if I ever make a wrong call, he's going to get it right," Limmer said. "So that gives me a lot of confidence."
Looks like confirmation the Rams have the Center do his calls while the QB overlooks it.

Psycho_X

Legend
According to articles players average 20% more likely to injure themselves on turf. Some articles say it's even hight in the 48% percentile but they don't seem legit so I won't post it.
I gotcha tho, I was just confused lol.

I agree grass is better overall but didn't really play a hand into our issues at all. Havenstein I think got injured on grass during a scrimmage. Noteboom got injured from Dotson flinging his man into the side of Boom's legs. Avila got injured because Boom was injured trying to play through it and was pushed into Avila's legs I think (only injury I'm not 100% sure on). If Dotson never flings his guy into the side of Boom I'm not sure we have either of those injuries. Was just a really unfortunate string of events.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Weren’t there reports that the Woodland Hills fields are trash?
No, the reports were that the field at Loyola Marymount University (LMU), where they held their training initially were not good, now they are at their permanent location in Woodland Hills. Prior years were held at UC Irvine, however, this year the Saints for some odd reason had training camp there.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I agree grass is better overall but didn't really play a hand into our issues at all. Havenstein I think got injured on grass during a scrimmage. Noteboom got injured from Dotson flinging his man into the side of Boom's legs. Avila got injured because Boom was injured trying to play through it and was pushed into Avila's legs I think (only injury I'm not 100% sure on). If Dotson never flings his guy into the side of Boom I'm not sure we have either of those injuries. Was just a really unfortunate string of events.
You described well how injuries definitely have a domino effect.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
You would think with all the money the billionaire's make from their team's that they or the NFL as a whole would want only the best fields for their teams. (Real grass) No expense spared. They already have something like that in Arizona (AZU) ?where the fields gets moved out of the stadium to grow and get taken care of, like a golf course does. Why can't all 32 do that. Make it a thing. It helps the players who make them their money. In my dreams, right ? Go rams.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
No, the reports were that the field at Loyola Marymount University (LMU), where they held their training initially were not good, now they are at their permanent location in Woodland Hills. Prior years were held at UC Irvine, however, this year the Saints for some odd reason had training camp there.
I thought the Saints taking over at Irvine was odd.
Maybe the Rams had a contract that expired, expecting to be in the new facility this offseason.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I thought the Saints taking over at Irvine was odd.
Maybe the Rams had a contract that expired, expecting to be in the new facility this offseason.
That was probably the case, but as always in the Golden State, construction gets delayed even though they should be able to work all year round.

DeaconJones

Rookie
"I expect him to play on Sunday" - what McVay says about so many injured players, but more often than not, they don't play. Any advanced metrics on this McVay statement? This week I am worried it applies to Dotson. How will Bruss be presuming he starts in his place? Who is our backup guard this week if Bruss starts?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I expect him to play on Sunday" - what McVay says about so many injured players, but more often than not, they don't play. Any advanced metrics on this McVay statement? This week I am worried it applies to Dotson. How will Bruss be presuming he starts in his place? Who is our backup guard this week if Bruss starts?
At this point we just know it's another bad sign. Going off preseason Bruss did a good job, so if he has to play it may not be the worst thing at that one spot. Problem is the bad signs have been piling up since camp so we're gonna have a patchwork OL in front of Stafford. I figure they may be ok vs Arizona's front for this week but not too sure about that. Definitely worried.

One of these days I am sure McVay will have a roster where he can enter the season on a roll with his OL ready to go. I was hoping that would happen this year. Oh well. Maybe next year.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
So, with a game's worth of injuries last week, the bullshit hit on Higbee in the playoffs and other team's injuries that have occurred while playing the Lions, is it out of line to start saying their defense is dirty?