OFFICIAL OL injuries and recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

sad workaholics GIF

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think Limmer is going to run away with the center job and not let anyone take it back. It will be interesting to see what they do when Avila comes back.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Limmer looked solid.
Noteboom is a waste of roster space because he can't stay healthy.
AJ Acuri needs serious work, they should have gone with Bruss, even though he's a guard, he couldn't have been much worse than Acuri.
McClendon looked *okay*, may be a decent backup.

I know there has to be a veteran that was cut that we can pick up for a tackle.
I say Charles Leno Jr.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Also Dylan McMahon is essentially a free 6th round pick (similar to Zach Thomas). A pink by the Eagles this year and Rams scooped him up. Basically a free pick:)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Rozeboom limited too? The healthy list may be shorter than the injury list.
Good thing we are deep, keep Stafford healthy and we are fine............for now.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I think Limmer is going to run away with the center job and not let anyone take it back. It will be interesting to see what they do when Avila comes back.
It would definitely be interesting. Doctson is locked in at RG. I dont think he can play any other position on the OL, but I am open to correction on that.

So then you have Jonah Jackson, Avila, and Limmer. But only 2 other interior OL positions (C and LG). I don't think any of Jackson/Avila/Limmer can play tackle? But I am open to correction on that too.

Jackson you have to think is locked in given what they paid him. So Limmer and Avila battle for the other spot.

I have never seen it done, but could you rotate players in game, like you see on the d-line, to keep them fresh and perhaps even help prevent injury? My head says no on the o-line. It would mess with cohesion.

All thing being equal I think they go with Avila assuming he comes back and his performance is not hampered by the injury - they invested more draft capital in him and he has a full year of Pro Bowl body of work or near it. He's a bit shorter, but actually has the longer arms, and is a good 20-30 lbs heavier. On the interior, the extra beef probably helps more than some more height.

if Limmer looks great I hope they dont rush Avila back, be sure he is 100% healthy if someone is holding down the fort, we will need everyone feeling as fit as possible for a playoff push/run.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
This situation is really bad. It seems like Havenstein’s injury is worse than they’re letting on, as he’s been "day-to-day" forever now. One moment he’s practicing fully, then he’s limited, and then back to full again, only to be limited after that. I’m worried this ankle issue is going to bother him all season. There was one year Hav played really poorly, and that was the season he had to push through injuries.

As for our LT, Alaric Jackson, I thought he was just waiting out the suspension, but it looks like he's also dealing with an ankle injury, so he might not be available for Week 3. That means both of our tackles are dealing with injuries, and now we’ve lost Avila too. So that’s 3 out of 5 O-linemen gone. Dotson hurt his ankle as well, and now he’s day-to-day, which makes it 4.

I really hope they don’t rush Dotson back because that would be a disaster waiting to happen. But at the same time, we can’t rush Hav and Dotson, yet we absolutely need to win this Sunday. It’s a terrible situation. I’m not going to mention Noteboom, because honestly, it’s probably a plus that he’s hurt and won’t see the field after his performance last game.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Geez what a train wreck. But I still think we can eke out a win.
Get healthy guyz, and let's get to the bye week.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This situation is really bad. It seems like Havenstein’s injury is worse than they’re letting on, as he’s been "day-to-day" forever now. One moment he’s practicing fully, then he’s limited, and then back to full again, only to be limited after that. I’m worried this ankle issue is going to bother him all season. There was one year Hav played really poorly, and that was the season he had to push through injuries.

As for our LT, Alaric Jackson, I thought he was just waiting out the suspension, but it looks like he's also dealing with an ankle injury, so he might not be available for Week 3. That means both of our tackles are dealing with injuries, and now we’ve lost Avila too. So that’s 3 out of 5 O-linemen gone. Dotson hurt his ankle as well, and now he’s day-to-day, which makes it 4.

I really hope they don’t rush Dotson back because that would be a disaster waiting to happen. But at the same time, we can’t rush Hav and Dotson, yet we absolutely need to win this Sunday. It’s a terrible situation. I’m not going to mention Noteboom, because honestly, it’s probably a plus that he’s hurt and won’t see the field after his performance last game.
I thought Hav just started practicing and it's very limited. I never saw him listed as practicing fully but I might have missed that. I do agree with you on A Jackson. He's suspended but I haven't seen anything saying he's recovered. What happens if he can't go week 3? facing the 49ers with the current tackle situation is freaking scary, can Stafford survive that game?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am also worried about Stafford. He took quite a few hits last week and he's not gonna survive long-term getting hit like that. Amazing how our O-line became such a weakness after a great off-season.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Every one of our Oline dealing with ankle or leg injuries...hmmmm sounds like a shitty surface issue.

Soccer came out with a study a couple of years ago regarding the different type of field surfaces and the results were pretty stunning in injury rates. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It'd be awesome if we really hit on Limmer though. Think of the depth it projects long term. This year our interior might be whoever's healthy at the moment, so the surplus is a good thing.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Every one of our Oline dealing with ankle or leg injuries...hmmmm sounds like a shitty surface issue.

Soccer came out with a study a couple of years ago regarding the different type of field surfaces and the results were pretty stunning in injury rates. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.
Whit came out a while back that he hated it. Here's a link on that, and I recall someone recently mentioning it in one of the shows about SoFi turf being notoriously bad.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Confused.

What field are you referring to? SoFi or Ford Field?

Avila, Dotson and Noteboom were all injured in Detroit.

Havenstein was injured on a Training Camp field. Not at SoFi