OFFICIAL OL injuries and recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Well, it might be a stretch to say all of this is "good news", but it sure as hell could've been a lot worse.

Obviously the worst news is anything involving the ACL or Achilles or anything "season-ending", and thankfully it doesn't sound like anyone got the worst news.

To the best of my understanding, here's the update on our walking wounded-- please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of these:

Hav could come back in a week or two (ankle)

Avila to IR with MCL sprain, out minimum 4 weeks

Puka to IR with PCL sprain and re-aggravation of bursa sac issue, out a minimum of 4 weeks

Boom with high ankle sprain, out minimum "couple weeks", but no IR designation yet... right?

Cobie with toe injury, time out unclear?

Dotson with ankle injury, considered "day-to-day", time out unclear?

This all really sucks, but I'm grateful no one was lost for the whole rest of the season.

Go Rams

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Cobie with toe injury, time out unclear?

Cobie Durant? He looked outstanding. I didn't hear about this injury. Hopefully he is back soon. We can't be down him and Williams. This year is nuts. How can we be down this many players already...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay time for a dose of intense optimism. Hope y'all are ready.

I'm going to list who the "starting caliber" OL are on our team:

Alaric, Avila, Jackson, Dotson, Hav, Boom, Limmer, McClendon (I think he was pretty solid).

If we can field four of these guys against the Cardinals and then five against the Niners and moving forward, I think we will be good.

Cardinals:

LT: McClendon
LG: Jackson
C: Limmer
RG: Dotson/Bruss
RT: Havenstein/Bruss

Then Alaric comes back against the Niners. So we really just need one of Dotson/Hav to be available this week, then we will be ready to roll

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
McClendon got away with a ton of holding to my eye (and one trip!), but was put into a really tough spot. Not sure he can be starting caliber, but I am excited to see what he can do, and excited for him to get his opportunity.

muggmeister

Rookie
We got the Cards, Bears, and maybe a Packers team without Love. We still have a chance to hit the bye with a 3-2 record. No need to panic right now as hopefully we have EVERYBODY back after that.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We got the Cards, Bears, and maybe a Packers team without Love. We still have a chance to hit the bye with a 3-2 record. No need to panic right now as hopefully we have EVERYBODY back after that.
No reason we cannot beat SF if we get bodies back by then. Not saying we will. But no game looks unwinnable IMO, not after what this team showed in Deroit. Not with Stafford slinging it this well.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No reason we cannot beat SF if we get bodies back by then. Not saying we will. But no game looks unwinnable IMO, not after what this team showed in Deroit. Not with Stafford slinging it this well.
I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell of beating them. They look excellent on both lines as per usual, healthy and dominant. We're a fucking MASH unit.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Rams have developed good depth on the O line. Limmer, Bruss, and Jackson should be really good inside, and Dotson may be able to go this week. Tackle is going to be an issue. Could be Hav and McClendon, or McClendon and somebody. Best scenario is Hav can go this week, if not then run the ball as much as possible and limit Stafford getting hit.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Rams have developed good depth on the O line. Limmer, Bruss, and Jackson should be really good inside, and Dotson may be able to go this week. Tackle is going to be an issue. Could be Hav and McClendon, or McClendon and somebody. Best scenario is Hav can go this week, if not then run the ball as much as possible and limit Stafford getting hit.
Hav being able to go would be a big positive, the Rams would move McClendon to LT and at least he's better than Acuri. I would love to know if AJ is fully recovered from his ankle and thar he would be able to start week 3.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still concerned that Hav may try to come back too quickly. We need him for the other15 games and not just the next game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I recall the Rams being 3-6 last year and making the playoffs. I’m not going to panic just yet.

But I would have Reggie Scott looking into offseason programs on ways to strengthen ankles.

fearsomefour

Legend
Week one was an absolute disaster on the injury front. The kind of disaster that derails an entire season. Bring back guy early, thus leading to more injury, out of desperation is something to avoid.
McVay tends to not give much help to backup players on the OL. Baffling but its what he does.
With some film on these guys other teams will really mix up looks and blitzes and probably really cause 2022 type issues.
McVay will have to find a way to keep balance in play calling while also offering some things to stretch the field. f not the field just keeps shrinking and they crowd the box against the run first and then the short passes second.
Not an easy week.
I wish Pete the Cheat was still around for McVay to kick around......I guess the Cardinals will do.