Official ROD Pre-FA Community Mock Draft 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So there's not a history but you're gonna tell me that Allen Hurns is gonna be able to beat other team's no. 1 cb consistently?

I guess what I'm saying is that you don't need to have a guy who can consistently beat a number 1 CB and that even if you do - it doesn't mean you will win the game.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Of course @Barrison , having said all that - I'd still rather have a #1 than not have one and so would every other team in the league.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many teams have a true #1 type WR? Any that have won titles in the last decade?
Boldin was the Ravens #1 WR and they were stupid to let him go
I dont think the Pats had one, they seemingly had a spare parts crew. Seahawks had Golden Taint playing like one when they one. The NY Giants had Hakeem Nicks prior to his injury and Plaxico Burress prior to him shooting himself
I guess you need to define what you consider a #1 WR to be. Because every team has one, and one team has won the SB each year. Lol

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Boldin was the Ravens #1 WR and they were stupid to let him go
I dont think the Pats had one, they seemingly had a spare parts crew. Seahawks had Golden Taint playing like one when they one. The NY Giants had Hakeem Nicks prior to his injury and Plaxico Burress prior to him shooting himself
I guess you need to define what you consider a #1 WR to be. Because every team has one, and one team has won the SB each year. Lol

I think he defined it nicely as a guy who can consistently beat another teams CB1 - if you ask me, there are only a half dozen of those guys in the league.

Calvin, Dez, Julio, AJ, Demarius, and now maybe OBJ

There is a difference between being your teams #1 and a "true #1 type" WR.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are we starting up the voting process?
Yes. Brokeu91 was the only mocker i was concerned about because he was on vacation, although he was on the board the morning after this got started [sigh]

Anyway....alright guys who does Washington pick here? They need OLine help, defense, QB, a new mascot...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I guess you need to define what you consider a #1 WR to be.
My definition is simply your best WR. Some #1's are better than others. Jacksonville has a #1 WR too...he's just not very good. No one ever likes my definition though. Lol.

I don't subscribe to the whole idea that a #1 WR has to be "this" and "that" in order to qualify.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We don't know if they have a true #1 receiver yet. Let them develop in my opinion. It wasn't that long ago that Marqise Lee was considered as good or better than Sammy Watkins, and I haven't see too much that shows me he can't be. A ton of young talent there. Hurns, Robinson, Lee, Sanders etc.

I'm not saying the pick was bad, just saying their receivers need time and their pass rush is dismal, don't let the sacks fool you. They need help there.

Obviously Cooper won't hurt, but it's the same situation as us, and most of us don't want to keep throwing WRs into the mix until ours show what they can do.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I guess what I'm saying is that you don't need to have a guy who can consistently beat a number 1 CB and that even if you do - it doesn't mean you will win the game.
I guess I just feel if you can have a more talented receiver aka "the no.1 type" it can elevate the play of the other receivers because more attention will be paid towards the highly talented guy and let the other receivers flourish.

Athos

Legend
I guess I just feel if you can have a more talented receiver aka "the no.1 type" it can elevate the play of the other receivers because more attention will be paid towards the highly talented guy and let the other receivers flourish.

Robinson, a rookie, was on pace for a just under 900 yard season with around 76 REC, about the same as Blackmon's rookie year and I imagine a couple more TDs as well.

Really doubt they go WR again.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Round ONE
# 1 : Tampa Bay-Jameis Winston QB Florida State-Boston Ram

# 2 : Tennessee-Leonard Williams DE USC-Shaunpinney

# 3 : Jacksonville-Amari Cooper WR Alabama-Barrison

# 4 : Oakland- Randy Gregory DE Nebraska-12intheBox

# 5 : Washington-Shane Ray OLB-brokeu91 exceded 12 hrs(vote)

# 6 : NY Jets- Rams 24/7 is on the clock

# 7 : Chicago-Angry Ram

# 8 : Atlanta-Warner4Prez

# 9 : NY Giants-Bonifay Ram

# 10 : St Louis-Ramrocket

# 11 : Minnesota-Ramhusker

# 12 : Cleveland-Den the coach

# 13 : New Orleans-Corbin

# 14 : Miami-Fro

# 15 : San Francisco-Dieterbrock

# 16 : Houston-Tron

# 17 : San Diego-Athos

# 18 : Kansas City-Sierra Ram

# 19 : Cleveland(from Buffalo-Memento)Den the coach

# 20 : Philadelphia-

# 21 : Cincinnati-Mojo Ram

# 22 : Pittsburgh-Jrry32

# 23 : Detroit-jjab360

# 24 : Arizona-Elmgrovegnome

# 25 : Carolina-DYVKX

# 26 : Baltimore-Yamahopper

# 27 : Dallas-Ramrasta

# 28 : Denver-A55VA6

# 29 : Indianapolis-Tahoe

# 30 : Green Bay-LAChamp

# 31 : Seattle-jsimcox

# 32 : New England-Rams until i die

@rams24/7 is on the clock as of 3:30PM CST

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have been in contact with Dagonet and he's decided to take a break and won't be joining us for this mock.
@Alan has returned to take his spot as Philadelphia GM.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I have been in contact with Dagonet and he's decided to take a break and won't be joining us for this mock.
@Alan has returned to take his spot as Philadelphia GM.
Sorry to hear that. I really enjoy talking to Dag.

At the same time, I really appreciate and value Alan's input so he's certainly welcome aboard.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Round ONE
# 1 : Tampa Bay-Jameis Winston QB Florida State-Boston Ram

# 2 : Tennessee-Leonard Williams DE USC-Shaunpinney

# 3 : Jacksonville-Amari Cooper WR Alabama-Barrison

# 4 : Oakland- Randy Gregory DE Nebraska-12intheBox

# 5 : Washington-Shane Ray OLB-brokeu91 exceded 12 hrs(vote)

# 6 : NY Jets- Rams 24/7 is on the clock

# 7 : Chicago-Angry Ram

# 8 : Atlanta-Warner4Prez

# 9 : NY Giants-Bonifay Ram

# 10 : St Louis-Ramrocket

# 11 : Minnesota-Ramhusker

# 12 : Cleveland-Den the coach

# 13 : New Orleans-Corbin

# 14 : Miami-Fro

# 15 : San Francisco-Dieterbrock

# 16 : Houston-Tron

# 17 : San Diego-Athos

# 18 : Kansas City-Sierra Ram

# 19 : Cleveland(from Buffalo-Memento)Den the coach

# 20 : Philadelphia-Alan

# 21 : Cincinnati-Mojo Ram

# 22 : Pittsburgh-Jrry32

# 23 : Detroit-jjab360

# 24 : Arizona-Elmgrovegnome

# 25 : Carolina-DYVKX

# 26 : Baltimore-Yamahopper

# 27 : Dallas-Ramrasta

# 28 : Denver-A55VA6

# 29 : Indianapolis-Tahoe

# 30 : Green Bay-LAChamp

# 31 : Seattle-jsimcox

# 32 : New England-Rams until i die

@rams24/7 is on the clock as of 3:30PM CST

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
In the real world, I think the Rams may have a shot at Mariota if they want him. Do we want him?

We could always draft his Center Grasu in the 3rd and hire Scott Frost as our QBs coach? Hmmmmm

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
In the real world, I think the Rams may have a shot at Mariota if they want him. Do we want him?

We could always draft his Center Grasu in the 3rd and hire Scott Frost as our QBs coach? Hmmmmm

I think if he falls to #6, it would only cost a 2016 1st to move up to get him at most. Might be able to get him for a 2nd depending on how greedy they are. I'd pull the trigger....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think if he falls to #6, it would only cost a 2016 1st to move up to get him at most. Might be able to get him for a 2nd depending on how greedy they are. I'd pull the trigger....
I was thinking he may even slide to us at 10.