Official ROD Pre-FA Community Mock Draft 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Raiders select Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska

1152291.jpg

0aa3eed88a3760c298662a38d8effbb6.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Round ONE
# 1 : Tampa Bay-Jameis Winston QB Florida State-Boston Ram

# 2 : Tennessee-Leonard Williams DE USC-Shaunpinney

# 3 : Jacksonville-Amari Cooper WR Alabama-Barrison

# 4 : Oakland- Randy Gregory DE Nebraska-12intheBox

# 5 : Washington-brokeu91

# 6 : NY Jets-Rams 24/7

# 7 : Chicago-Angry Ram

# 8 : Atlanta-Warner4Prez

# 9 : NY Giants-Bonifay Ram

# 10 : St Louis-Ramrocket

# 11 : Minnesota-Ramhusker

# 12 : Cleveland-Den the coach

# 13 : New Orleans-Corbin

# 14 : Miami-Fro

# 15 : San Francisco-Dieterbrock

# 16 : Houston-Tron

# 17 : San Diego-Athos

# 18 : Kansas City-Sierra Ram

# 19 : Cleveland(from Buffalo-Memento)Den the coach

# 20 : Philadelphia-

# 21 : Cincinnati-Mojo Ram

# 22 : Pittsburgh-Jrry32

# 23 : Detroit-jjab360

# 24 : Arizona-Elmgrovegnome

# 25 : Carolina-DYVKX

# 26 : Baltimore-Yamahopper

# 27 : Dallas-Ramrasta

# 28 : Denver-A55VA6

# 29 : Indianapolis-Tahoe

# 30 : Green Bay-LAChamp

# 31 : Seattle-jsimcox

# 32 : New England-Rams until i die

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
With the 3rd pick the Jags select Amari Cooper, Bama.

I really like this pick. The "experts" seem to be projecting Dline for Jacksonville but I think they are in good shape on that side of the ball. I am a big Cooper fan and think he is going to be a great pro. The only downside is you now have a lot of assets over the last 2 years at WR. Lee, Robinson, Hurns and Blackmon but now maybe you move on from Blackmon and address the oline in the upcoming rounds.

Jacksonville is a very strong candidate for a trade down. Wonder if the Rams will make a play to grab a QB with the Jacksonville pick.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I really like this pick. The "experts" seem to be projecting Dline for Jacksonville but I think they are in good shape on that side of the ball. I am a big Cooper fan and think he is going to be a great pro. The only downside is you now have a lot of assets over the last 2 years at WR. Lee, Robinson, Hurns and Blackmon but now maybe you move on from Blackmon and address the oline in the upcoming rounds.

Jacksonville is a very strong candidate for a trade down. Wonder if the Rams will make a play to grab a QB with the Jacksonville pick.
I think the majority of teams would prefer a trade down this year. I wonder if that makes it a bit of a buyers market per se, maybe lowers the cost of what it takes to move up. Seems that we've seen a pretty wide ranges of values for picks over the last few years.

As far as Blackmon goes, it looks like he's got a spot in J-Ville should the NFL reinstate him, which I'm sure they would.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...-on-justin-blackmon-i-think-hes-paid-his-dues

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Jacksonville needs a lot of help on the DL. They don't have their LEO yet and most of their talent there is aging fast, pretty old guys. Plus, Senderrick Marks just tore his ACL..yeah, they definitely could stand to upgrade on the line imo.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

My thoughts exactly on getting rid of the headcase Blackmon, the rest of their WR corps are underachievers if they got a no. 1 like Cooper they'd have a pretty solid corps.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think QB and WR are about the only 2 positions that the Jags won't consider in rd 1 but what do I know?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
My thoughts exactly on getting rid of the headcase Blackmon, the rest of their WR corps are underachievers if they got a no. 1 like Cooper they'd have a pretty solid corps.
The rest of their WR corps are rookies or in their 2nd year besides Shorts who never plays anyway...I don't think Cooper is a bad pick, but they're a lot like us in that way. They need time, not more developing rookies. Easy to underachieve when you just got in the league.

Athos

Legend
The rest of their WR corps are rookies or in their 2nd year besides Shorts who never plays anyway...I don't think Cooper is a bad pick, but they're a lot like us in that way. They need time, not more developing rookies. Easy to underachieve when you just got in the league.

If anything, Jags would trade down and take Gordon. Their RBs are putrid, as evidenced by 9 rushing TDs and their 2nd leading rusher being Bortles.

They seriously need D help though. Bottom of the barrel in both pass D and rush D.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Jacksonville needs a lot of help on the DL. They don't have their LEO yet and most of their talent there is aging fast, pretty old guys. Plus, Senderrick Marks just tore his ACL..yeah, they definitely could stand to upgrade on the line imo.

They could use and edge rusher, I agree with you, but along with Marks you have Aluala, Bryant, Clemons, Hood and Branch up front. I think they will go with Gregory but I liked Barrisons approach in giving the young QB his weapons and giving him a chance to experience success while the team as a whole continues to build. Jacksonville becomes a playoff contender when Bortles becomes a playoff QB. Giving him his weapons early might excelarate his progress. Im not saying its right but I like the approach

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
If anything, Jags would trade down and take Gordon. Their RBs are putrid, as evidenced by 9 rushing TDs and their 2nd leading rusher being Bortles.

They seriously need D help though. Bottom of the barrel in both pass D and rush D.
Yeah, I think they'd move down at a reduced rate and allow someone like the Browns to take a crack at a QB if available. Especially if the draft were to shake out like this with a QB (or two) still on the board.
Shelton, the big DT would be a nice pick for them, or the ability to grab one of the top CBs makes the most sense. Maybe I'd make a crap GM, but in a situation like that, I don't think it hurts to give up a little bit of trade value to grab a player that better fits your needs.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think the majority of teams would prefer a trade down this year. I wonder if that makes it a bit of a buyers market per se, maybe lowers the cost of what it takes to move up. Seems that we've seen a pretty wide ranges of values for picks over the last few years.

Good point actually, never really thought of the Rams trading up till I started evaluating some of the teams draft needs.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Except their WR corps is missing a true no. 1 type, adding Cooper gives them that. I don't know if they plan on trusting Blackmon but if I was the GM like I am in this mock draft, I absolutely would not depend on Blackmon.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
How many teams have a true #1 type WR? Any that have won titles in the last decade?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
How many teams have a true #1 type WR? Any that have won titles in the last decade?
So there's not a history but you're gonna tell me that Allen Hurns is gonna be able to beat other team's no. 1 cb consistently?