Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll see though, would love a veteran presence like Clements, but I can't imagine him taking a step back in title.
I doubt he gets a HC job this off season so OC is probably his top title. Whether with the Rams or anyone.
Interesting though where he could end up. He could take the NY Jets OC job, and if the offense turns around but the team doesn't, could be another Green Bay cast off taking over the HC reigns for a team that plays in the Meadowloands

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I can't believe we still don't have an OC. If it is going to be Phillips Jr, what is the hold up ? You'd think that'd be an easy one with his relationship with McVay and his dad leading our D. It just seems odd if it's going to be Phillips to be taking this long to make it happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't believe we still don't have an OC. If it is going to be Phillips Jr, what is the hold up ? You'd think that'd be an easy one with his relationship with McVay and his dad leading our D. It just seems odd if it's going to be Phillips to be taking this long to make it happen.

May just not be official yet.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Maybe they still wanna talk to someone on New England's or Atlanta's

Or maybe they already made up their mind a week ago , and just haven't announced it yet

who knows , it's the Rams were talking about

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
seems like i remember something about teams with new coaches get an extra week of ota or training camp. it's not much but might help.
on the weight control to me it looks like grob gets all that weight moving in one direction and can,t get it going the other way (balance). might be better playing at 305 or 310.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
iamme33, you got me to wondering. Just when will the coaching staff be able to personally evaluate players? I know new HC's and new coaching staff get extra time, but when? Will it be before the draft or will they only have past game film?

Seems to me they should get time with players to make evaluations before the draft.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Isn't this a coaching thread :hiding::thinking::thinking::baghead::baghead:
200.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
also maybe the Assistant OL Coach will be Jackie Slater who stated he could fix GROB...
I heard this^ Has Slater been offered a post on the Rams Staff!?! I hope they do, one way or another!! From what I hear He and Tory Holt are both helping coach the "North" in the senior bowl this week end!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Does anyone have the most recent up-dated list of Rams Coaching Staff Hires!? Just so it's easier, for this 'Old Guy', to see who we have on Board!!:mrburnsevil:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Does anyone have the most recent up-dated list of Rams Coaching Staff Hires!? Just so it's easier, for this 'Old Guy', to see who we have on Board!!:mrburnsevil:

Courtesy of @Florida_Ram

Head CoachSean McVay

Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips

Special Teams Coordinator John Fassel

Asst. Head Coach Joe Barry

Linebackers Coach Joe Barry

Defensive Line Coach Bill Johnson

Offensive Coordinator

Quarterbacks Coach Greg Olson

Offensive Line Coach Aaron Kromer

Wide Receivers Coach

Tight Ends Coach

Running Backs Coach Skip Peete

Secondary Coach Aubrey Pleasant (Rumored)/Samson Brown

Strength & Conditioning Coach

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
From what I'm told, Sean McVay still considering OC options. Target(s) could still be involved in Super Bowl, hence holding pattern

View: https://twitter.com/dailynewsvinny/status/825061219308441600

Matt LaFleur/ Atlanta...He & McVay coached together in Washington I still believe that Wes Phillips has to be involved in some capacity too, but McVay could be waiting on LaFleur and although Kyle Shanahan might want LaFleur too the connection with the Redskins when they both of them coached together could trump Shanny, if McVay is truly the master communicator.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Matt LaFleur/ Atlanta...He & McVay coached together in Washington I still believe that Wes Phillips has to be involved in some capacity too, but McVay could be waiting on LaFleur and although Kyle Shanahan might want LaFleur too the connection with the Redskins when they both of them coached together could trump Shanny, if McVay is truly the master communicator.

Read up on LeFleur he might be pretty tight with Shanahan, so there is a bromance bond between the 2 and possibly inseparable. We'll see maybe McVay is tight with him as well.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler

Great connection, and it's funny, I was looking everywhere online to identify this guy because when you watch ATL football, this guy was always glued to Matt Ryan, but I could never put my finger on who he was.

If he worked with McVay in Washington, odds are he worked under Shanny when he was there too and I would assume Shanny also brought him over to ATL which leads me to believe he'll follow Shanny to niners as there respective OC.

Besides, do you think it may get a little too convoluted to have Olsen and Lafleur working with Goff? Both have been qb coaches, I think there would be a sense of too many cooks in the kitchen.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Besides, do you think it may get a little too convoluted to have Olsen and Lafleur working with Goff? Both have been qb coaches, I think there would be a sense of too many cooks in the kitchen.

After last season on offense, I want as many cooks as the Rams can get!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I heard this^ Has Slater been offered a post on the Rams Staff!?!
Slater was a great OT. A great coach he is not. I believe he was the Raiders OT coach for one year before getting canned. Their line did not perform well that year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Slater was a great OT. A great coach he is not. I believe he was the Raiders OT coach for one year before getting canned. Their line did not perform well that year.
He was brought in to work with Robert Gallery as a LT. Gallery failed at LT and Jackie only worked one year there. He's been OLine coach at Azusa Pacific for several years now.