Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I heard this^ Has Slater been offered a post on the Rams Staff!?! I hope they do, one way or another!! From what I hear He and Tory Holt are both helping coach the "North" in the senior bowl this week end!
they coached in the NFLPA Bowl. The coaching staffs from the Browns and Bears coaching staffs are coaching this year;s Sr. Bowl

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess if Atlanta is looking at chip Kelly, Mark trestman or maybe clements as OC replacement, Washington could let LaFleur go. Seems unlikely with Shanny leaving though

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Read up on LeFleur he might be pretty tight with Shanahan, so there is a bromance bond between the 2 and possibly inseparable. We'll see maybe McVay is tight with him as well.

I have to agree Steezy... Odds are highly against LaFleur passing up a job offer from Kyle. If McVay was able to steal him from Shanny.... ummm forget it I'm not even dreaming up such a scenario.

631719070.jpg

LaFleur then was hired in 2008 by the Houston Texans to serve as an offensive assistant. He assisted both wide receivers and quarterbacks during his two year stint there and developed a close relationship with coordinator Kyle Shanahan.

When Shanahan's father Mike was hired by the Redskins, Kyle brought LaFleur to Washington to coach the quarterbacks.[2] A primary responsibility of LaFleur's for the 2012 season was to mentor rookie quarterbacks Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins, whom LaFleur was particularly fond of.[3]

On February 5, 2015, LaFleur was hired to be the Quarterbacks coach for the Atlanta Falcons working under offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan whom he previously had worked under when with the Washington Redskins. Matt's brother, Mike, is an offensive assistant with the Falcons as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_LaFleur

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He was brought in to work with Robert Gallery as a LT. Gallery failed at LT and Jackie only worked one year there. He's been OLine coach at Azusa Pacific for several years now.
I really like the way Demoff & The Rams have reached out & brought in old Rams players.He does TV show on post game for The Rams. He would be an assistant O-Line coach ?
Torry would be good to have as a WR coach.TE & WR spots are open on the coaching staff.

Phillips could be brought in as a TE or OC ?? Wonder is McVay is still wait to decide on #1 choice first ?
--Thought same with Komer , but his options might have been limited ?
It's interesting connections with QB coach from Atlanta . Olsen is a solid hire as QB coach.Brings a lot of knowledge & ideas.
Treasment still might be a #2 option ?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At this point maybe the Rams are just waiting to make all of their announcements to the coaching staff all at once, so it might just be speculation because of the waiting that they are interested in someone on the staff of the Super Bowl teams.

Again I have to believe Wes Phillips is in play for Offensive Coordinator, it just makes sense and then what is left is a WR & TE Coach plus Strength & Conditioning so IMO, we are going to have to wait until after the Senior Bowl because everyone is down in Mobile now, hopefully, we will have the majority of the staff information prior to the Super Bowl.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
upload_2017-1-28_19-35-14.jpeg

BIOGRAPHY
Chris Shula is in his second season as the Chargers’ defensive quality control coach. He assists the defensive coaching staff in many capacities, while also assisting with the defensive line.

Shula came to the Chargers from John Carroll University, where he served as the defensive coordinator in 2014. In his lone season at John Carroll, the Blue Streaks went 11-2 and reached the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III playoffs after ranking seventh in Division III in total defense and 10th in scoring defense. At the conclusion of the Blue Streaks’ season, the National Football Foundation of Northeastern Ohio honored Shula for the team’s outstanding defensive performance.

A linebacker at Miami (Ohio) University, Shula was a member of MAC East championship teams in 2004, ‘05 and ‘07. He was named to the 2009 National Strength and Conditioning Association All-America Team. A Dean’s List student with a 4.0 GPA, Shula earned his bachelor’s degree from Miami in 2008 and his master’s in education at the University of Oklahoma in 2010.

Shula began coaching in 2010. He spent a year at Ball State as assistant linebackers coach before spending 2011-13 as an assistant working with defensive backs at Indiana University.

Shula is the son of former NFL head coach David Shula and grandson of former Miami Dolphins and NFL Hall of Fame head coach Don Shula. The Shulas are just the second three-generation coaching family in NFL history.

Coaching Experience

2010 Assistant Linebackers, Ball State University
2011-13 Defensive Backs, Indiana University
2014 Defensive Coordinator, John Carroll University
2015-16 Quality Control-Defense, San Diego Chargers

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
View attachment 18587

BIOGRAPHY
Chris Shula is in his second season as the Chargers’ defensive quality control coach. He assists the defensive coaching staff in many capacities, while also assisting with the defensive line.

Shula came to the Chargers from John Carroll University, where he served as the defensive coordinator in 2014. In his lone season at John Carroll, the Blue Streaks went 11-2 and reached the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III playoffs after ranking seventh in Division III in total defense and 10th in scoring defense. At the conclusion of the Blue Streaks’ season, the National Football Foundation of Northeastern Ohio honored Shula for the team’s outstanding defensive performance.

A linebacker at Miami (Ohio) University, Shula was a member of MAC East championship teams in 2004, ‘05 and ‘07. He was named to the 2009 National Strength and Conditioning Association All-America Team. A Dean’s List student with a 4.0 GPA, Shula earned his bachelor’s degree from Miami in 2008 and his master’s in education at the University of Oklahoma in 2010.

Shula began coaching in 2010. He spent a year at Ball State as assistant linebackers coach before spending 2011-13 as an assistant working with defensive backs at Indiana University.

Shula is the son of former NFL head coach David Shula and grandson of former Miami Dolphins and NFL Hall of Fame head coach Don Shula. The Shulas are just the second three-generation coaching family in NFL history.

Coaching Experience

Another solid addition. Wonder what role he's gonna take on with the Rams. Probably the same he held with the Chargers.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
View attachment 18587

BIOGRAPHY

Coaching Experience

Sounds like a smart guy, and encouraging that he did well as a coordinator, even if it was a small school. I also like the name Shula. Although David and Mike haven't been great, it's nice to see that he's been around football all his life. If he gets a bigger role with us, it shouldn't be too big for him.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wonder what role he's gonna take on with the Rams. Probably the same he held with the Chargers.

I'm betting Assistant Linebacker Coach! Considering the Linebacker coach Joe Barry is also the Assistant Head Coach.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Hey guys! I've been out of town for several days, has Aaron Kromer been hired yet or are we still waiting for a confirmation?

Thanx

~ArkyRamsFan~

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Hey guys! I've been out of town for several days, has Aaron Kromer been hired yet or are we still waiting for a confirmation?

Thanx

~ArkyRamsFan~

Welcome back, brotha! There is no OFFICIAL signing yet, but he has been spotted with Rams contingent at Senior Bowl according to reports.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Welcome back, brotha! There is no OFFICIAL signing yet, but he has been spotted with Rams contingent at Senior Bowl according to reports.

Geez...this waiting around is wearing on me. This is the same as when I left on Friday to go to Bossier City/Shreveport. I was hoping for some verified, actual, genuine, hard core, specific, NEWS on our new OL coach.

Mebbe tomorrow we'll hear something more.......one can only hope at this point.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Geez...this waiting around is wearing on me. This is the same as when I left on Friday to go to Bossier City/Shreveport. I was hoping for some verified, actual, genuine, hard core, specific, NEWS on our new OL coach.

Mebbe tomorrow we'll hear something more.......one can only hope at this point.

It's basically confirmed, it just hasn't been announced yet. Quite a few different media outlets have reported it. USAToday and ESPN included. They're probably just waiting to announce their entire staff at once. The only ones they've actually said anything about are Wade and Fassel, so technically the other ones aren't official either

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Redskins‘ promotion of Aubrey Pleasant from assistant secondary coach to secondary coach has yet to be completed, Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union notes. Washington’s talks with Pleasant are “at a standstill” after the team offered him the position, in a somewhat strange status for a defensive backs job. The Redskins still want to make Pleaseant its DBs boss after firing Perry Fewell. However, the Rams remain interested in Pleasant as well. Los Angeles already hired Samson Brown from the Broncos, but the former assistant secondary coach under Wade Phillips in Denver doesn’t appear to have a definitive role yet.

Should Pleasant join the Rams, he would be working with Don Shula’s grandson. The Rams plan to hire Chris Shula to work on Phillips’ defensive staff in Los Angeles, Alex Marvez of the Sporting News tweets. Chris Shula worked as a Chargers quality control coach the past two seasons. Prior to that, he served as a college defensive assistant. Shula played college football with Sean McVay.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, it would be a great to get Aubrey Pleasant one would surmise they would have to make him Secondary Coach or they could make both Pleasant & Brown Secondary Coach one focusing in Corners the other focusing on Safeties similar to what the Rams did with Dennard Wilson & Brandon Fisher last season.

Pleasant was highly regarded by the players last season for some to comment that he should have been the DB Coach over Perry Fewell. Pleasant only has four years of experience, but this point I'm looking for someone who is trending upward who might be in play when Wade retires to be the defensive coordinator and IMO Pleasant could be that guy because when that time happens I want anyone other than Joe Barry, who IMHO, is Larry Marmie in Sheep's Clothing.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A Shula working with Son of Bum....this gets better by the week.

And if they are able to add the Secondary Coach from Washington, it should make everything very pleasant.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
"Chris Shula worked as 'quality control coach' for the Chargers". What exactly does he do to "control" quality?

The quality of the Chargers play wasn't much better than the Rams.:rolleyes: