Official Cardinals@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If I were Fisher, I would tell everyone these last two games are going to be extremely important regarding "employment" status for the 2015 season, including coaches! This crap cannot continue in 2015. I, nor any other RAMS fan should accept anything less than getting into the playoffs and winning at least a playoff game. This BS needs to stop. I'm tired of hearing "Wait till next year!"

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Come on Jenkins. You drop two sure interceptions. You cause a fumble and you seriously don't see it right between your legs? Instead you get burned twice on deep routes.
I honestly thought he played decent tonight but my gosh those missed opportunities killed us...

...Not that we would have done anything with it on offense anyways.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Davin Joseph, you made a career journeyman in Frostee Rucker look like Reggie White. That's a freaking challenge and you managed to accept it and achieve it. Congratufuckinglations.

Scott Wells, how many freaking snaps can you botch? You've been in the league longer than I've been alive and you still have managed to botch...what...4 snaps in 13 games? You should be freaking ashamed of yourself. You've been absolutely freaking terrible enough without the freaking botched snaps already.

We need a new freaking RG and we need to play Barrett freaking Jones or Tim freaking Barnes at Center to see if they are up to the task. I've had enough of a freaking veteran Center that can't snap the ball correctly.

Schotty, are you freaking kidding me? Is there a freaking reason why you have Cook blocking? If you want someone pass blocking, put Kendricks in the freaking back-field. You aren't fooling anyone. Cook is freaking useless is a pass blocker. And is there a freaking reason why you did not attack the edges more? We were actually running effectively off tackle and outside but getting swallowed up inside. And yet you freaking continued to go away from that. And is there a freaking reason why we didn't have Tavon Austin run a double move on the second to last drive? The guy can cut on a dime and is fast as crap. Run an out and up with him aligned on the hash. That's a match-up you can win.

And stop throwing freaking deep balls against Cromartie. Cromartie is fast as crap but is not good at covering quick WRs. Why the freak are you not attacking him with Bailey and Austin?

Shaun Hill, what the freak were you doing? How did you not pick up on the freaking fact that they continued to attack you with CB blitzes? And how the freak did you miss that throw to Bailey? That was game changing throw and you blew it. Not to mention the number of other bad plays you made in this game.

Jared Cook, I know you're pissed off. I am pissed off too. But can you not mentally freaking check out every time you get pissy?

Defense, you did a reasonably good job today. Disappointed we couldn't pick off any of those passes but we were close.

Special teams, can't be pissed at you either.

Kenny Britt, you played well today. Stedman Bailey, you played well today. I would have liked you to make that catch but it was not an easy catch to make and if Hill had put it where it should have been, you would have been running for days. Tavon, I'm sorry that Schotty thinks of you as a better decoy than a player. Bennie Cunningham, great job on returns today.

I'm sorry for the foul language but this game was beyond frustrating. We let another one slip through our fingers.

That's the most fucks I've heard since The Wolf of Wall Street

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd have to go over the play by play, but i swear the Rams aren't running behind the left side much at all. Instead all the off-tackle stuff goes over the weaker right side....or up the middle like you said(although you've got to test the middle occasionally to sell the deep play action stuff).

Here's why that is(My THEORY):

We run a lot of plays to the left side with Mason cutting back to the right because it allows the right side of the OL to down block. If you do the opposite, you have to rely on Joseph blocking his man straight up and Joseph has a tendency to get completely blown by. By doing the opposite, if Joseph's man blows by him, Tre can sometimes cut underneath him and pick up yardage(it baits the defender up-field and opens up the hole). Plus, it is easier for Joseph to down block effectively than power block effectively.

That's just my theory but I think they're trying to cover up for the liability that is Davin Joseph.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
BA is on ESPN acting like they won 34-10. Gave a cheap shot about a 11-3 team not being favorites over a team that's always around 8-8. Like the Cardinals are perennial winners.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Every time someone says that I feel like we've jumped to a random point in time anywhere across the past six or seven years.

Seriously. When was the last time the interior of our line was good? Not adequate, but good? We've tried to fix it with Jacob Bell, Jason Brown, Scott Wells, Rok Watkins, Davin Joseph, Harvey Dahl, and what do we get? Every year. Every freaking year. "The interior of our O-line needs help, because they are the weakest unit on this team."

Saffold is pretty good, when he's healthy. So we got that going for us. But my God, what the hell does it take?

I really hope our interior O-line has a 2015 revolution like our secondary has had this year. Years and years of horrid secondary finally ended. Next, let it be the line. Please.

We've definitely used a lot of resources trying to shore that area up. It's very frustrating.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
First of all; the AZ DEFENSE is legit and will make a lot of offenses look shaky.

But...

The lack of touches for Tavon was disappointing.

The whole offensive game plan felt disjointed and out of sync.

The second half left room for adjustment, but it didn't happen.

Hill isn't a dominant QB, but we all knew that. He was okay. Not great. Not fully at fault for this loss.

We couldn't get a run game going. That points to the OL.

Joseph, Wells, and Barksdale did not have good games.

Our D was good enough to get a win today. That's encouraging.

Disappointing loss today. We should have shown better. I thought we would.

Very frustrating game. Defense played solid but didn't make any plays. 3 potential turnovers but couldn't gain possession but played good enough to win. The offensive line was just horrid. Wells was dominated, he was getting tossed around like a sack of potatoes. Joseph was manhandled too, he got called for a hold and still gave up a sack, insult to injury. Offense couldn't move the ball and it seemed like they got stuck in field goal limbo the entire 3rd quarter. We were constantly pinned within our own 5 yard line and we couldn't move the ball. why no Tavon, the world may never know.

TheBunk

Rookie
12 points.

Forced a fumble. Nearly picked off two passes. Offense continually went 3 and out leaving them on the field the entire game. Offense fumbled the ball giving Arizona an easy 3.

Defense gets excused. They gave up 12 points.

Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. There were at least 4 passes that could have been picked and a fumble we could have recovered but we got unlucky bounces. It happens. But the defense kept Arizona out of the end-zone and continually covered the offense's ineptitude. They deserve no blame at all.
They shouldn't have given up more than 6. Those fumbles that weren't recovered are what decided the game (from one perspective), and that doesn't excuse the lack of pressure generated on a scrub 3rd string QB. Come on now. They played well, yes, but could have played better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on Jenkins. You drop two sure interceptions. You cause a fumble and you seriously don't see it right between your legs? Instead you get burned twice on deep routes.
I honestly thought he played decent tonight but my gosh those missed opportunities killed us...

...Not that we would have done anything with it on offense anyways.

Duuuuude. Come on. Jenkins made two great plays just to have a shot at either INT and both were difficult plays. Yes, he forced a fucking fumble at a pivotal time. The ball was behind him. He tried to grab it as soon as he knew it was there. He's a human, you only have so much reaction time. The guy didn't know the ball was out because of the blow he took sticking his head in there until he stepped on it. That's just being unfair to the kid. He took a major blow forcing that fumble. You shouldn't get pissed at him for not recovering it too.

And yes, he did get beat but it was a great throw and a talented WR. On the other play, personally, I think it's horseshit. He got his head around, played the ball, and swatted it away. It was a ticky tack call. He had position with his head around so the contact was irrelevant. They basically called him for locking arms but they don't call that shit 90% of the time and the fact that he batted it away should have kept them from calling it this time. But Coleman's crew is very anal about penalties.

Still, I can't complain about the refs. They were fine.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I Want Mike Martz. I want an OC that knows how to use its personel. I want an aggressive OC that will challenge a defense to defend the entire field. I want someone that will use Tavon not just as a decoy. I want a real OC that can make changes at half time I want Schotty out of here.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Might have been trying to get Barksdale going. He's a heluva run blocker, even if he's next to Davin "Jacob Bell" Joseph.
Maybe.
I'm talking about the last few games including tonight. Running behind Greg Robinson and Saffold often seems like a good idea to me.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
How many times has Wells not realized he's in shotgun and snapped the ball up his own butt this season? I remember two, including tonight.

ummm. Two screen passes on the first drive that work well. Then shotty doesn't call another the rest of the game even though the Rams can't give Hill any time.

So it seems shotty needs a week to script plays that work on the first drive and then can't seem to remember what was working from his scripted stuff to use them a bit more later in the game.

I swear, I must have been yelling for screens and draws to slow that pass rush down for about 2 hours.

My gosh he is so lost.

No, I am not an NFL coach, but there are just some obvious things that I think any of us who have been watching the game of football for years can see.

Notice how the cards ran quick passes and draws to help Lindley?

Not shotty though. Only if it's in his scripted bag of tricks at the start of the game.

Disclaimer - I'm not even sure he scripts the first series or so, just being goofy, but he sure did abandon stuff that worked and would have been useful later in the game.

fancents86

Starter
Jay Gruden might need a job. I think he'd be great for Bradford and whoever we trade for or draft.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Re-posting this from another thread, because it kinda applies to how I feel:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They shouldn't have given up more than 6. Those fumbles that weren't recovered are what decided the game (from one perspective), and that doesn't excuse the lack of pressure generated on a scrub 3rd string QB. Come on now. They played well, yes, but could have played better.

The offense put them in position for 3 with the fumble. The Cardinals gained 274 yards on 64 plays.

The defense killed it out there. They are the only reason we were in that game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There was nothing wrong with the defense tonight. No touchdowns allowed AGAIN.
Come on people...

Status
Not open for further replies.