Official Cardinals@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude you're so way off base with the reality of what transpired during the ENTIRE football game tonight. Pick on the defense all you want, that's your right bro...but i don't think you understand what winning football entails in terms of the big picture and the three phase concept. Here's a hint: That defense was championship caliber. It has been for weeks...even before the Raider win.

Sorry to single you out. Preach on, but i'm not sure you know what good defense looks like.

But he does know what a good TV Show looks like. @TheBunk , mad props on The Wire reference.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When has Mike Martz ever utilized a guy like Cook? He traded Greg Olsen away from Chicago because he couldn't use him.

No to Martz. Respect the hell out of the guy but the game has passed him by.
You think of what we got out of Roland williams. Like I said not saying we should get Martz my point was about getting an OC like Martz that can attack defenses and change their gameplan after half time if things aren't working. How many touches did Tavon Have.?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bull.

We did take advantage. We shut them the freak down. They got into the red-zone one time. They averaged 4.3 yards per play. They scored 0 TDs. They scored only 12 points and 3 of those 12 are on the offense.

The ball bounces the way it bounces. You can't help that. The offense went 3 and out again and again. And yet the defense continued to hold. They kept the game close.

The offense blew it.

Your criticism is completely unfair. Jenkins is supposed to make two diving INTs? He's supposed to recover a ball he didn't know was there until too late? A fumble that HE FORCED. McLeod is supposed to pick off passes that just didn't bounce his way?

crap happens. The defense got unlucky bounce after unlucky bounce and still held it together. Lets be honest, if this game played out the same way it did 10 times, in at least 5 of those 10 games, we would have forced 3-4 turnovers. We just didn't get the lucky bounces tonight.

Mason's fumble bounces right to the Arizona defender. Arizona's fumble ends up just far enough behind Jenkins and far enough in front of Laurinaitis that Arizona's guy can recover it. Arizona's deflected passes just seem to find a way to avoid any Rams defender. Jenkins is inches from making two diving INTs.

We got terrible bounces tonight. But the defense still managed to shut Arizona down. The offense managed to shut itself down.

And why do you think that happened?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Please just fire shotty, hire chud, get me iupati at lg and move saffold to rg. Resign barks and cut wells. At center find a vet or groom Jones into the position. Then get us a damn qb worth a shit and we're good. Sick of this same inconsistent season in season out bs. No more excuses.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yet we didn't take advantage of their offensive situation. There's some plays that the D had to make out there but didn't. In a game like that the fumble HAS to be recovered, the HAVE to get those picks.
That's the offense's job. Scoring defense is gravy. Cardinals punted EIGHT times and didn't score a TD. Cards offense went 5 for 17 on 3rd down conversions. That's 29%

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Yet we didn't take advantage of their offensive situation. There's some plays that the D had to make out there but didn't. In a game like that the fumble HAS to be recovered, the HAVE to get those picks.
Yes! Thank you. We know the defense didn't lose it for us but when the opportunities arise in the game, we have to come away with the turnover. At the very least Jenkins needs to worry about completing the catch on the second attempt. Instead he doesn't secure it and it's an incompletion.

Yes, we realize that the offense sucked and held us down. However, with as good of a defense that we have, we should have had those turnovers. We should have had more sacks.

Memphis Ram

Legend
One more vent for me tonight.

BLOW UP THE OFFENSE JEFF FISHER!!!!!!
5670144_ea46ef58e3_m.gif

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
All my brothers and friends are driving nice cars and I'm stuck with a fuckin Yugo. That's how it feels being a Rams fan sometimes.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I was more vented after DAL, PHI, SF (game 1) to be honest. I was calm for this one. Schotty? He's terrible blame him? Hmmmm our o - line interior was a mess except for GRob who I thought played well. Cook had bone headed plays that had an effect as well Hill shit man he can't scramble, when he did they had Powers, Rucker shit so many on him ,he's a pocket guy. I refuse to put this on Schotty and I'm sick of the bashing on him! We had our chances again!... Cards D and that exotic mind fuck blitzing fucked us!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bull.

We did take advantage. We shut them the freak down. They got into the red-zone one time. They averaged 4.3 yards per play. They scored 0 TDs. They scored only 12 points and 3 of those 12 are on the offense.

The ball bounces the way it bounces. You can't help that. The offense went 3 and out again and again. And yet the defense continued to hold. They kept the game close.

The offense blew it.

Your criticism is completely unfair. Jenkins is supposed to make two diving INTs? He's supposed to recover a ball he didn't know was there until too late? A fumble that HE FORCED. McLeod is supposed to pick off passes that just didn't bounce his way?

crap happens. The defense got unlucky bounce after unlucky bounce and still held it together. Lets be honest, if this game played out the same way it did 10 times, in at least 5 of those 10 games, we would have forced 3-4 turnovers. We just didn't get the lucky bounces tonight.

Mason's fumble bounces right to the Arizona defender. Arizona's fumble ends up just far enough behind Jenkins and far enough in front of Laurinaitis that Arizona's guy can recover it. Arizona's deflected passes just seem to find a way to avoid any Rams defender. Jenkins is inches from making two diving INTs.

We got terrible bounces tonight. But the defense still managed to shut Arizona down. The offense managed to shut itself down.
Those are mutually exclusive arguments. Yeah the offense sucked, and they could have capitalized on a few opportunities of their own ... but didn't. The defense had opportunities as well and didn't capitalize on them either. The offense was worse, but that's when the defense needs to be all-world. There's no blame being passed around. Dude's just making an observation about missed opportunities is all. He wasn't wrong.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You think of what we got out of Roland williams. Like I said not saying we should get Martz my point was about getting an OC like Martz that can attack defenses and change their gameplan after half time if things aren't working. How many touches did Tavon Have.?

Not enough.

Roland Williams fit what he wants in a TE. Cook does not. The dude got rid of Greg Olsen. He didn't utilize Vernon Davis. He does not use receiving TEs the way he should. He never has. He prefers blocking TEs like Brandon Manumaleuna.

I don't want Martz. But I wouldn't be upset if we hired a different OC.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
The only reason I'm being a bit overcritical (if that's a word) of the defense is because they are the only bright spot, besides Hekker. I don't even know where to begin with the offense. But mostly, I think I'm just a little tired, pissed off, and disappointed. So... goodnight fellow Ram fans. Tomorrow's a new day!

Memphis Ram

Legend
How many hours do you have? ;)
Nah. Not that far. WR corp seems okay to me. TEs seem okay. HBs are okay but could be upgraded. OL needs upgrades. QB position needs upgrades.

Oh my explosion would only involve two Olinemen, the Offensive Coordinator, and the Quarterbacks. And while I really like him, maybe the Oline coach if the right guy became available.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Hey, @-X-,

I think I broke your record for biggest loss. $137,633,061.00 lost on a wager for the Rams to beat the spread.

dhaab

Rookie
Move Saffold to left guard alongside GRob and get rid of the rest of the O-line. Draft at least 2 offensive linemen, one being in the 1st round, and throw a bunch of money to a free agent center. We can't run ANY kind of offense with this bad of an o-line. This line can play well against the weaker teams in the league, but against the top teams like the Cardinals, they have no chance. Wells and Joseph were abysmal today. How many times has Wells hiked the ball off of his own thigh this year? SMH

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Time for me to duck out of this thread. But first...ok yeah, our D didn't get the shutout, score points, get 10 sacks or force a bunch of turnovers. It obviously needs work and is clearly responsible for cleaning up all the dogshit left on the field whenever our offense can't get a first down, complete a pass or score any points.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.