Official Cardinals@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That O-line though.

I'm pretty sure Lance Kendricks can play guard better than Davin Joseph.

Put Corey Harkey in center too. Can't be any worse.

Put Barrett fucking Jones in at C and whoever the best RG is not named Davin Joseph. Lets see young guys. I'm tired of those two old vets fucking up on a weekly basis.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I have read this book before. I have been watching a rerun for a decade. Same BS, new year.
2005: 6-10
2006: 8-8
2007: 3-13
2008: 2-14
2009: 1-15
2010: 7-9
2011: 2-14
2012: 7-8-1
2013: 7-9
2014: 6-10? 7-9? 8-8? The only thing for certain is it's piss poor.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Regarding the o line though, I do think they could have done better in the run game, but AZ has a good defense. I still stand by the fact that there are worse o lines in the league. Davin Joseph just constantly gets burned for us.

We should replace Wells and keep Joseph in the bench next season. Look to pickup Cameron Erving, Florida State's center, in the 2nd round.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Mason's fumble was an absolute killer. Completely flipped the momentum, when we were flying high and everything was going our way. I know we had 3 quarters after that, but that was a game changer. Can't make those mistakes.

I guess I'm most embarrassed because we had yet another great opportunity to show the national audience how much we've improved, to shed our image of a loser and this is the performance we put out. 1-6 in prime time games in the past 5 years :palm:.

This game also reminded me how much we need a legitimate QB. I'd give 2 1st round picks for Winston. We are a QB, C & OG away. Hill minimized YAC opportunities by floating balls, throwing late, throwing high, throwing behind. He left at LEAST 10 throws on the field

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Interior offensive line needs upgrades.
Every time someone says that I feel like we've jumped to a random point in time anywhere across the past six or seven years.

Seriously. When was the last time the interior of our line was good? Not adequate, but good? We've tried to fix it with Jacob Bell, Jason Brown, Scott Wells, Rok Watkins, Davin Joseph, Harvey Dahl, and what do we get? Every year. Every fucking year. "The interior of our O-line needs help, because they are the weakest unit on this team."

Saffold is pretty good, when he's healthy. So we got that going for us. But my God, what the hell does it take?

I really hope our interior O-line has a 2015 revolution like our secondary has had this year. Years and years of horrid secondary finally ended. Next, let it be the line. Please.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Regarding the o line though, I do think they could have done better in the run game, but AZ has a good defense. I still stand by the fact that there are worse o lines in the league. Davin Joseph just constantly gets burned for us.

I just wonder why they continued slamming it up the middle when it seem they were having more success off tackle.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
AZ's defense is all scheme, timing and discipline. They are beatable. They force you to become impatient. Shotty fell for the banana in the tailpipe. His gameplan was pure stupid. Acted like we were down 3 TD's all night. I think i'm officially done with his anti-momentum playcalling.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Baloney. If your Oline is having trouble blocking and your WRs are having trouble getting open you have to adjust.
Our wide receivers were open though it was plenty of times Britt was open. Hill just didn't look his way. Hill was too locked in to his first read. He wasn't canvassing the entire field like you think a vet would do. I'm sorry but I think Davis would have won this game

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Next week, I really hope they trot out Robinson - Person - Jones - Saffold - Barksdale.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not fully excusing the defense. There's no way they should have racked up that many rushing yards on us. Not only that, but no TO's? freak that, get some pressure and force one.

12 points.

Forced a fumble. Nearly picked off two passes. Offense continually went 3 and out leaving them on the field the entire game. Offense fumbled the ball giving Arizona an easy 3.

Defense gets excused. They gave up 12 points.

Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. There were at least 4 passes that could have been picked and a fumble we could have recovered but we got unlucky bounces. It happens. But the defense kept Arizona out of the end-zone and continually covered the offense's ineptitude. They deserve no blame at all.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I just wonder why they continued slamming it up the middle when it seem they were having more success off tackle.
I'd have to go over the play by play, but i swear the Rams aren't running behind the left side much at all. Instead all the off-tackle stuff goes over the weaker right side....or up the middle like you said(although you've got to test the middle occasionally to sell the deep play action stuff).

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
And We STLL have no freaking QB!

I don't give a rat's nasty ass what the game plan is. A decent QB wins this game.

And we're looking at another losing season next year if Sam isn't able to finish 2015 to its conclusion.
Exactly.
The oline was shit to tonight, but Hill held onto the ball way too long at times.
When he did throw it looked like hot air balloons off his back foot. It looked like he was getting set. Even when he had the time. Many of his passes weren't anywhere near the wr's. May be the receivers running wrong routs.

Our defense has been carrying us for the most part the past few weeks. We all know Hill isn't our long term answer. He proved why tonight.
This really shouldn't be a surprise to any of us.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I can't remember a game where 100% of the "50/50" type plays all went to the opponent. Pretty much every time AZ needed a yard, or needed to stop the Rams a yard short, it happened. Not once or twice, but at least 10 times _all_ going Arizona's way. Not to mention the Rams turnover and at least 3 turnovers the Rams should have had not bouncing their way.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd have to go over the play by play, but i swear the Rams aren't running behind the left side much at all. Instead all the off-tackle stuff goes over the weaker right side....or up the middle like you said(although you've got to test the middle occasionally to sell the deep play action stuff).
Might have been trying to get Barksdale going. He's a heluva run blocker, even if he's next to Davin "Jacob Bell" Joseph.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
12 points.

Forced a fumble. Nearly picked off two passes. Offense continually went 3 and out leaving them on the field the entire game. Offense fumbled the ball giving Arizona an easy 3.

Defense gets excused. They gave up 12 points.

Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. There were at least 4 passes that could have been picked and a fumble we could have recovered but we got unlucky bounces. It happens. But the defense kept Arizona out of the end-zone and continually covered the offense's ineptitude. They deserve no blame at all.
The defense has yet to give up a td since the Charger game.
They did a great job tonight.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
freak Bruce Arians. He's a prick. freak the Cardinals. There one and done. freak our Oline. freak Shaun Hill. freak Brian Schottenhiemer. They were all complete trash tonight. We have no clue how to counter the blitz. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Please trade Tavon. We have no clue how to use him. Just a completely pathetic performance all night. The defense played lights out. But they couldn't stop the freaking run for some insane reason. I just do not know anymore. I hate getting attention. A lot of you crave it but all it does is make us look stupid. I had a feeling we would come out and play like crap after all the media hype we were getting. I want another best down on the Giants and I wanna send the Seahawks home. freaking freak why does football hate the Rams. freaking why.

Don't trade Tavon. His route running is really starting to improve. Saw him get significant separation on multiple plays. He's a good asset for us and I don't care if we misuse him. I want him here.

I do have to eat some crow. @Memphis Ram , you're right. Tavon's height is a real issue. It won't stop him from succeeding but I've definitely come to the realization that it does limit how you can use him to an extent because it makes it harder to get the balls over defenders to him. Still, I think having a guy with Bradford's height will help him out.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well here it goes:
I'll start easily. Rams run defense gave up 100 plus to the worst rushing attack in the league? That's just being unprepared/out toughed. 2, janoris, can you please catch a ball? I may be nitpicking, but dude had two interceptions roll off of his hands and a damned fumbled ball ricocheting between his freaking feet. Hey sean hill, thanks for being the biggest example of why we need sam. If I was sam's agent, I would literally bring hill to my negotiations just to remind fisher who he'll be stuck with if sam bolts. Fisher would pay sam extra! Online needs to be fixed. If I watched that same safety blitz one more time tonight I was gonna chew on glass. And finally, thank you rams for finally getting national attention for being a good team and coming out and pissing the bed. Do they even want to be respected? Or are they only good when they're underestimated? Jesus.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'm not fully excusing the defense. There's no way they should have racked up that many rushing yards on us. Not only that, but no TO's? freak that, get some pressure and force one.

I think it's hard for the D to play the run well when the O didn't get a 1st down in the 2nd half until the 4th Q. Considering the circumstances, I have no problem-aside from maybe the lack of pressure- with the D's play. As for the O, that's a different story.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Ask how, ask now, ask Kerwynn Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.